QB tops Buffalo Bills' priority list entering draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/quarterback-tops-buffalo-bills-priority-list-entering-draft-193504740--nfl.html

Brandon Beane so carefully guards his intentions the Bills general manager jokes he won't even tell his wife.

''It doesn't leave the building,'' said Beane, who will oversee his first draft in Buffalo after replacing Doug Whaley in May.

This means Leroi will not get scoops by raiding trash bins at his job.

• Haha (+1) 1

Trade players not in the long term plans for draft picks, pick up future salary cap space to surround a young QB with help and trade the already established starting QB with no real alternative in house.   Yep, we probably aren't positioning ourselves to draft a QB to rebuild with :P

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are they trying to say that Beane’s wife isn’t aware of our need for a quarterback? Come on man!

No I am saying she is not aware of your interest which is a good thing; she may not have convinced her husband to buy team and we might have Czar Trump as owner until team was moved.

Talked to someone who was in on a meeting last week assessing health issues of prospects. He came away thinking there are only 2 people who know what they're going to do Thursday--this board describes them as one, McBean.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been flopping back and forth in my mind on what is going to happen and I think that I finally decided on what is going to happen. I don’t know how it’s going to unfold, whether the Bills trade up once or maybe even twice, but whatever it takes the Bills are going to go all in and get themselves into that #2 spot and get the QB that they covet. Now what that QB might be I don’t have a clue.

This is exactly why all the Buffalo wants Josh Allen stuff doesn't make sense.

IMO It really only makes sense that it's just a smokescreen. 

Benjamin Albright says that the Bills are telling some people they want Allen. That doesn't fit this new front office's MO to be leaking info like that. 

If Beane won't tell anyone outside of a very select group of a few people who he's wants, he's surely not telling insiders and other teams who he truly wants. 

• Like (+1) 1

We traded Tyrod and brought in AJM for backup money .

We are def trading up for a Rosen Darnold or Mayfield.

I dont see us taking a project like Allen when we havent developed a QB in decades and we traded our bridge QB. It jus doesnt make sense. All signs point to Rosen as the QB theyre gunning for

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

Breaking news : the bills might take a quarterback in the draft 

....keep it under your hat.....Mead107 said the pick is..........Ferguson.....67 times..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy