Josh Rosen Responds to Character Concerns in Interview with Cowherd

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No offense here but this nonsense and media and some fan 'fawning' over his 'outspokenness' (I'm sure he's not playing the 2018 media like a fiddle; and I'm not sure I know what that--outspokeness--even means), and all his "I just want kids to think on their own"----who the heck is he implying doesn't "think on their own?"  Or help people?  Are we hiring for missionary work or to win football games?  

This (the interview) just seems all so freaking stupid.  And more indicative of problems not traits that espouse championships.  Like all the ones he won in college.  And the comment "if a coach doesn't challenge me we're going to have problems."  What is his definition of "challenging him?"  I'm sure most coaches here that and are like "sign me up!"  

Sorry.....just a free thinker here not succumbing to group think.  And fyi I have him in my top 3 but its close with Jackson 3-4.  Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar.  

Also Fyi....some modern day NFL players who were oh so horribly boring and vanilla:

Brady 

Big Ben

Eli 

Peyton 

11 Total Super Bowls

Modern day "outspoken" (I still dont know what that means) NFL QBs and their SBs:

No offense taken but you honestly think Brady, Big Ben, Eli, adding Luck and Peyton are vanilla?  All 5 usurped their coaching staff on numerous occasions.  Groupthink is buying into the structure that coaches know all.  I don't want Tannehill, Bortles, etc.  That's what you are getting from Allen or Darnold.  Give me a QB that cares enough to push back when they believe a coach who is wrong.  Jim Kelly wasn't vanilla -- the great ones seldom are...Rosen cares..and will express his opinion.

BTW, McDermott doesn't operate a team the top-down way.  He lets and encourages players to have opinions.   He took feedback last year after Taylor was benched for Peterman and admitted publicly and privately that he was wrong.  Rosen is the best fit of the top 4 for this team, ownership, and structure.

So I am not offended--I just think you are looking at this the wrong way.  I am looking at it from a Football Perspective.  I want a QB who works hard enough to input on strategy and is passionate about winning.  I see that with Rosen.

Edited by JoeF

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No one was elevating a Bruin team with a bottom 20 defense those last 2 years....

I laid out some of the concerns I have with Rosen. NFL teams must have concerns as well about his skill set and ability to lift a franchise. He is likely to slip because of those concerns not because he wants his coaches to challenge him everyday. 

Remember, Cam Newton had a bunch of character concerns (“me guy” ,“focused on other interests”) but he still went #1 because he was immensely talented. There are some significant flaws with Rosen and with the added “character questions” he probably slips a little in this draft. That is why I would not be eager to trade up as he is likely to fall past the Colts. 

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

No offense taken but you honestly think Brady, Big Ben, Eli, adding Luck and Peyton are vanilla?  All 5 usurped their coaching staff on numerous occasions.  Groupthink is buying into the structure that coaches know all.  I don't want Tannehill, Bortles, etc.  That's what you are getting from Allen or Darnold.  Give me a QB that cares enough to push back when they believe a coach who is wrong.  Jim Kelly wasn't vanilla -- the great ones seldom are...Rosen cares..and will express his opinion.

BTW, McDermott doesn't operate a team the top-down way.  He lets and encourages players to have opinions.   He took feedback last year after Taylor was benched for Peterman and admitted publicly and privately that he was wrong.  Rosen is the best fit of the top 4 for this team, ownership, and structure.

So I am not offended--I just think you are looking at this the wrong way.  I am looking at it from a Football Perspective.  I want a QB who works hard enough to input on strategy and is passionate about winning.  I see that with Rosen.

You misunderstood me.

I didn't mean vanilla on the field, locker room, or film room.  

Never seen a pass completed from the Injured Reserve. 

Josh Rosen has a perfect record: He's never seen a season he's completed without injury. Real life GMs, they take that into consideration in a BIG way.

Last guy this "pro-ready" with such an injury record? Some guy named Sam Bradford. You put that kid, behind our offensive line, as constituted, and you have a massacre. 

At the end of the day, in my mock I'd still move up to take him - but not beyond 5 or possibly, 7. You better have some picks to fill out that offensive line (not to mention, a QB for the defense). 

Edited by Tyrod's friend

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You misunderstood me.

I didn't mean vanilla on the field, locker room, or film room.  

No, you misunderstood my original post....that's what I meant.  The interview was about football...not social issues or anything else.  They didn't talk !@#$ Trump or hot tubs.

Edited by JoeF

I have to laugh at some of you being on record in the last 3-4 weeks saying

"he has no chance in the NFL"

"No way do I want Rosen"

"To many character issues"

now with the last 3 interviews he has imagine this.

EVERYONE LOVES HIM!

haha .. he has been on my top 2 list for a long time so lets see what happens..

For the love of god why cant the draft be going on right now? right? lol

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No offense here but this nonsense and media and some fan 'fawning' over his 'outspokenness' (I'm sure he's not playing the 2018 media like a fiddle; and I'm not sure I know what that--outspokeness--even means), and all his "I just want kids to think on their own"----who the heck is he implying doesn't "think on their own?"  Or help people?  Are we hiring for missionary work or to win football games?  

This (the interview) just seems all so freaking stupid.  And more indicative of problems not traits that espouse championships.  Like all the ones he won in college.  And the comment "if a coach doesn't challenge me we're going to have problems."  What is his definition of "challenging him?"  I'm sure most coaches hear that and are like "sign me up!"  

Sorry.....just a free thinker here not succumbing to group think.  And fyi I have him in my top 3 but its close with Jackson 3-4.  Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar.  

Also Fyi....some modern day NFL players who were oh so horribly boring and vanilla:

Brady - Really hmmm forces his own trainer on a coach and the TB12 on fellow players 

Big Ben - did yoh miss Haley and him on sidelines 

Eli - guess you missed the entire draft of his

Peyton - guess he didnt steam roll every OC he worked with

11 Total Super Bowls

Modern day "outspoken" (I still dont know what that means) NFL QBs and their SBs:

Want to try again about the boring and vanilla talk about those 4 QBs again

9 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

What would all you fanboys be saying if the object of your devotion sported a "F*** Obama" hat?

Think about that.  No, I mean think about that.

Ummm is he the most mechanically sound QB and arguably the best QB in this draft. If yes guess what WOULDNT GIVE TWO ***** 

4 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

Stay on topic, fanboy.  Tired scatalogical similes will get you nowhere.

Fart in Church and a Huge Swing and a Miss. 

Beane do what you need to in order to Get Josh Rosen in the Buffalo Bills Uniform