Josh Rosen Responds to Character Concerns in Interview with Cowherd

this was a bad interview.  we want everyone to hate Rosen so he falls!  what is all of this Rosen love all of a sudden?  let's go back to a month ago when everyone said they didn't want some spoiled rich kid from California!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I’m fine with Rosen if he falls to 12. Maybe go to 10 to get him. He has great mechanics and throws a nice ball.

Concerns:

1) Rosen makes some bad decisions and sometimes gets away with some dangerous throws. He has a little Eli Manning to him where he can get really hot or he can make some awful decisions.

2) He has slow feet. I wish his feet were a little quicker as he frequently gets sacks while trying to escape pocket. If his feet were a little quicker he would not be caught as often.

3) Durability. He is pocket qb and he takes some shots. Has had some significant injuries and am not sure his body can hold up to a 16+ game season.

4) Had a lot of hype around him at UCLA but I wish he would have won more games. His record is very average (just above .500). I like to see qbs elevate their programs to a different level. 

That said, we need a qb and if he falls close to 12, I would take a shot. Keeping our picks would allow us to fill in some significant holes. 

I'm relatively low on Rosen (have him as my #5 QB), but I don't really buy the lack of winning argument personally. The guy led one of the best offenses in the country despite having WRs that dropped a lot of passes. I agree on basically all the other stuff though.

Just now, kdiggz said:

this was a bad interview.  we want everyone to hate Rosen so he falls!  what is all of this Rosen love all of a sudden?  let's go back to a month ago when everyone said they didn't want some spoiled rich kid from California!!

Haha exactly!  He's a punk...now go get em Bills!

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Yeah lets go back a month ago and pull my posts about this kid

44 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

draft a guard and a CB

lots of holes...

LOL

Honestly though, Rosen has grown on me throughout the process, and Baker "Ric Flair" Mayfield has fallen a bit in my eyes

I really like both, still... However, Rosen has grown on me and overtaken my No.1. I love Mayfield but without the Giants it would be nearly impossible plus I like Rosen more, especially at 4,5,6 or later. As long as we do not go to 4,5,6, etc and choose Allen over him I will be fine. If we miss him by choosing Allen, it is likely the Fish will take him and the last thing I would want is Allen of Rosen, Mayfield and Allen as the newly comprised AFCE rookie Qb trio... terrifying. 

We need to go get him.

18 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'm relatively low on Rosen (have him as my #5 QB), but I don't really buy the lack of winning argument personally. The guy led one of the best offenses in the country despite having WRs that dropped a lot of passes. I agree on basically all the other stuff though.

The winning part is not my favorite complaint but I believe most good NFL quarterbacks have won in college and usually elevate their programs. I recall seeing some analysis on this somewhere but don’t have it at the ready right now. But there are other factors for sure that go into winning but qb is pretty important. 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I want this guy in Buffalo.

I'm starting to warm up to him as in moving up for him and losing hella picks. The injuries freak me out though. I can see him lighting it up going 5-1 or something and then BAM concussion BAM knee BAM ankle...think about how crushing it was for Colts fans last year knowing they got the man but the man is effed up and cannot play. Salt in the wound.

Edited by Threedollabills

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

I remember Losman saying he wanted to be the greatest of all time too... IMO Rosen will be another bust. When I watch him I don’t see anything special, even though I want him to be good.

You, sir, are well-named.

As things stand at the moment, Rosen isn't going to be available to the Bills. The only safe way to grab him is with the number 2 pick, which doesn't seem to be in the cards. And there's a chance Cleveland takes him with the first pick anyway, Of course, that would mean Darnold's available and he's without a doubt the better bet of the two. He's the closest thing to "can't miss" of all the QBs.

I've been on the Rosen bandwagon for well over a year now, as he has been who I wanted since prior to last draft when I was suggesting we punt on QB to this draft. I think the Bills FO will aggressively pursue Sam Darnold if he is not taken #1 overall, but barring that I believe they will make very competitive offers to get into the 4-7 range for Rosen. I will be thrilled with either result.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

The winning part is not my favorite complaint but I believe most good NFL quarterbacks have won in college and usually elevate their programs. I recall seeing some analysis on this somewhere but don’t have it at the ready right now. But there are other factors for sure that go into winning but qb is pretty important. 

No one was elevating a Bruin team with a bottom 20 defense those last 2 years....

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've been on the Rosen bandwagon for well over a year now, as he has been who I wanted since prior to last draft when I was suggesting we punt on QB to this draft. I think the Bills FO will aggressively pursue Sam Darnold if he is not taken #1 overall, but barring that I believe they will make very competitive offers to get into the 4-7 range for Rosen. I will be thrilled with either result.

That's where I'm at as well. I think Rosen is awesome and I hope Beane does too!

4 hours ago, JoeF said:

We endured 17 years of no playoffs

We endured 4 straight Super Bowl losses

We endured a lot of freaking bad football over the last 58 years

I want my payoff and I want it now..........Josh Rosen is that payoff in my mind.   :-)

This young man is the best fit for the team, the owners, the coaching staff and the city.  We need a personality...not a cliche driven drone (Allen or Darnold) or a potential crazy convict (Mayfield)...  

No offense here but this nonsense and media and some fan 'fawning' over his 'outspokenness' (I'm sure he's not playing the 2018 media like a fiddle; and I'm not sure I know what that--outspokeness--even means), and all his "I just want kids to think on their own"----who the heck is he implying doesn't "think on their own?"  Or help people?  Are we hiring for missionary work or to win football games?  

This (the interview) just seems all so freaking stupid.  And more indicative of problems not traits that espouse championships.  Like all the ones he won in college.  And the comment "if a coach doesn't challenge me we're going to have problems."  What is his definition of "challenging him?"  I'm sure most coaches hear that and are like "sign me up!"  

Sorry.....just a free thinker here not succumbing to group think.  And fyi I have him in my top 3 but its close with Jackson 3-4.  Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar.  

Also Fyi....some modern day NFL players who were oh so horribly boring and vanilla:

Brady 

Big Ben

Eli 

Peyton 

11 Total Super Bowls

Modern day "outspoken" (I still dont know what that means) NFL QBs and their SBs:

Edited by Big Blitz