Nightmare scenario: Josh Allen?

KDIGGZ

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

As if there aren't a million threads complaining that Allen didn't throw for 5,000 yards in college.  STATS  DON"T TELL THE ENTIRE STORY!  He's a project, everyone knows that.  However, he is regarded as the QB with the highest potential in this class.  

Potential based on what exactly?

That he throws hard and long.

The statistics on him are as damning as I have ever seen in regards to a prospect.

Actually, nothing tells you more than statistics. The "feelings" about upside are based on vapor and a need to believe.

Edited by Kemp

Just now, Kemp said:

The statistics on him are as damning as I have ever seen in regards to a prospect.

Why has any expert/NFL scout fallen in love with him?  Of course his size, mobility, ability to throw the home run ball and he has shown glimpses of the Arron Rodgers throwing out of the pocket down the field.  Every single QB in this class needs to get better.  Nobody is good enough right now.  Why not take the guy with the highest potential, especially since he doesn't have to start right away.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Actually, nothing tells you more than statistics. The "feelings" about upside are based on vapor and a need to believe.

I have a hard time believing all these NFL scouts and GMs are operating off of feelings and vapor.

Allen is a much better QB than his stats say. I've been watching a lot of his games and it's easy to see that his WR's get zero separation. The O-Line also had some very bad games. At the very least we have a big, strong, mobil QB that can clean up his footwork and be a better than average QB. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

299rmn.jpg

Quite the opposite. Teams paying attention to analytics understand it's not about feelings, projections, and "upsides".

Still waiting for someone to explain what gives him the most upside. Arm strength has failed as a barometer over and over.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Please delete anyway.....................

"unbelievably bad" title

Can anyone think of another place this may have gone, like....maybe, in the Josh Allen thread? It would be easier to miss there. Time will tell people. Love it or hate it, nobody knows how this turns out yet. You can have an opinion, but we don’t KNOW

Yikes... If you want attention atleast make it a worthwhile read. You've brought nothing to the table. This opinion could've been shared in any of the numerous Allen threads. You've been on this board before right?

Ugh... differing opinions make for meaningful debate but this pop up Mommy, Daddy, Look at me, attention seeking ish is getting old.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I have a hard time believing all these NFL scouts and GMs are operating off of feelings and vapor.

Well, we know it's not statistically-based.

3rd option that it could be based upon?