QB Film Room: Josh Rosen

Buffalo716

Been sick recently and on the road so im sorry I did not get Rosen and White up in a timely manner. I’m putting both up tonight 

Chosen Rosen has been at the top of his game his whole life. First as a tennis prodigy and then as a QB prodigy who quickly acclimated. 

OVERVIEW

Rosen was the consensus #1 QB prospect in the country and became the first ever true freshmen starter for UCLA in nearly 100 years. He walked on campus with tremendous expectations and delivered.

His beautiful release, coupled with tremendous footwork lets the ball fly out of his hand with ease. Rosen commands a huddle and LoS like a veteran 

extremely gifted pocket passer with advanced levels of touch 

very accurate to all levels

knows when to let it rip and when to let off a bit

looks off safeties and LBrs

Has suffered multiple concussions 

Moves in the pocket well but is not extremely mobile outside of pocket

can have lapses of decision making 

Needs to show he can withstand NFL rigors 

Needs to work on Redzone offense

POSITIVES

-Gifted Pocket Passer

-Beautiful Release

-Tremendous footwork 

-moves well in pocket

-very accurate to all levels 

-Tremendous touch when need be

-looks of safeties and LBrs

-can throw a fastball

-commands an offense 

-high football IQ

NEGATIVES

-Red Zone needs work

-Lapses in decision making

-suffered multiple concussions 

-not extremely mobile 

-durability concerns?

BOTTOM LINE

Josh Rosen has everything you want in a Franchise QB. He is smart, he has a very good arm, he is accurate and he is used to being in the spotlight 

He has all the looks of a #1 pick without his durability concerns which could push him down a few spots

Grade 82.3 ( High end Starter)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billspro said:

Awesome! I was waiting for this one.

It seems like you are high on the big 3 prospects. Are you ranking them Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen? 

Lets say Allen goes number 1, who do you want the Bills to take after trading up to number 2? 

I think that Rosen is The most polished of the bunch and plays the most like an NFL QB but I did drop his grade a bit for durability concerns 

I did not punish Baker for being short and he ended up with the highest grade 83.7... Darnold 83.4

i would hate to be the GM in your scenario. My eyes say Rosen, my heart says Baker, and Darnold gives you game with durability... 

its a a toss up Darnold or Rosen

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that Rosen is The most polished of the bunch and plays the most like an NFL QB but I did drop his grade a bit for durability concerns 

I did not punish Baker for being short and he ended up with the highest grade 83.7... Darnold 83.4

i would hate to be the GM in your scenario. My eyes say Rosen, my heart says Baker, and Darnold gives you game with durability... 

its a a toss up Darnold or Rosen

I would be very happy with either of those two. I would probably take Darnold just because of the durability and improvisational skills. 

Interested to see how you grade Mike White.

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Really teased this one out, didn't ya?

(Thanks for posting.)

What specifically is Rosen's issue in the redzone? The metrics--which otherwise favor him (often behind Mayfield) get a little muddy down there.

Yea sorry about that. I would’ve liked it up over a month ago but I’ve been on the road and just got over being sick. It takes me an hour to write it up on my phone and I really havent had the time unfortunately to get it up here 

as for Rosen and the red zone. He is such a clean prospect and excels in the mental parts of the game. So I was surprised when I broke down all his redzone snaps that he only completed around 47% of his throws and had 4 Ints

It was something that with his pedigree and skills you know he can clean up

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.