Anyone else besides me NOW wish we had given up a lot to get to 3?

Maybe I am just fatigued with this painstaking lead up to the draft.  Maybe I am just annoyed that the jets WILL get one of the top 2 or 3 qbs in the draft.

However, I have gone from being fine with not over paying to get to 3 to...well...i'd feel better if we got to three, even knowing we may have to, or could have, rolled with the Giants for 2.

We'll soon see.  I have enjoyed aspects of this year's draft, but I need the first round to be over and Thursday can't come soon enough.

Go Bills.

if regrets over not getting to 3 already well covered, Mods please feel free to lock.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Ive asked this question a couple times already -

Can anyone name a team that has traded up to #3 that far in advance before the draft? (6 weeks). I can't name one. 

Theres a reason it's almost unheard of... 

I still think it was a somewhat reckless trade by the Jets. They have no clue what will happen at 1 and 2. They may have given up all that just to get QB 3 on their board. 

Are they really in love with 3 separate QBs in this draft? What are the chance 3 QBs in this class are worth that haul of picks? 

Seems like a desperate move by a desperate GM IMO. I'd much rather have my GM identify their guy, not take a random shot at any one of 3 QBs. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Maybe I am just fatigued with this painstaking lead up to the draft.  Maybe I am just annoyed that the jets WILL get one of the top 2 or 3 qbs in the draft.

However, I have gone from being fine with not over paying to get to 3 to...well...i'd feel better if we got to three, even knowing we may have to, or could have, rolled with the Giants for 2.

We'll soon see.  I have enjoyed aspects of this year's draft, but I need the first round to be over and Thursday can't come soon enough.

Go Bills.

if regrets over not getting to 3 already well covered, Mods please feel free to lock.

There are no "top 2 or 3" QB's in this draft.  The order in which a QB is selected pays no bearing on his eventual outcome, so, although, someone may get the top projected guys, they may not get THE guy..  or GUYS.. ;)

Could turn out that the best QB when the dust settles is taken by someone in the 3rd, or 4th round, we never know.

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ive asked this question a couple times already -

Can anyone name a team that has traded up to #3 that far in advance before the draft? (6 weeks). I can't name one. 

Theres a reason it's almost unheard of... 

I still think it was a somewhat reckless trade by the Jets. They have no clue what will happen at 1 and 2. They may have given up all that just to get QB 3 on their board. 

Are they really in love with 3 separate QBs in this draft? What are the chance 3 QBs in this class are worth that haul of picks? 

Seems like a desperate move by a desperate GM IMO. I'd much rather have my GM identify their guy, not take a random shot at any one of 3 QBs. 

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times- it doesn’t matter that the Jets don’t know who is going 1 & 2...obviously they like 3 QBs, which makes their trade up an excellent one- period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No. Jets moving up that early was a panic plain and simple. Where they were sitting they likely would still have had one of the Big 4 drop in their lap or on draft Day could have had a good shot of sliding to 4 to get their guy ahead of Denver if that's what they feared. And for way less.

Being at 12 with the picks we have we have a shot to move up and get the QB we want or improve our roster greatly.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The Jets blinked, the Bills didn't.  Only way the Jets trade makes sense is if they like 3 guys, and were OK with any of them.  Which could be true, since all these guys have positives and negatives.

It's been talked about numerous times, the colts didn't want to move out of the top10 when the trade happened. 

No blinking happened.

The Jets had an asset we couldn't offer, a pick in the top 10.

Could it bite them in the rump if we get to #2?

Maybe, but that's only if they had a specific top2 QBs and miss them both.

They probably have 3 guys rated roughly equally, and rolled the dice that nobody would leap frog them/Giants don't take a QB, giving them their pick of 2 out of top 3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No. Jets moving up that early was a panic plain and simple. Where they were sitting they likely would still have had one of the Big 4 drop in their lap or on draft Day could have had a good shot of sliding to 4 to get their guy ahead of Denver if that's what they feared. And for way less.

Being at 12 with the picks we have we have a shot to move up and get the QB we want or improve our roster greatly.

Nope...their move up was brilliant imo because look at the situation the bills are in...no matter how u try to spin it, it is just jealousy, plain and simple... but I don’t blame u for being jealous- I am too... but I’m not going to pretend it was a bad move just because it wasn’t the Bills that got the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's quite possible that Indy wasn't interested in trading down to 12, no matter what we offered.

I could be mistaken but I dont think Bills had even moved to 12 yet when Jets and Colts traded...dont think 21 and 22 and next years 1 would have been enough for colts to over look 3 2nds and only a 3 spot move down...

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Rookie mistake on Beane’s part

Indy’s GM has said repeatedly that they did not want to trade out of the top 10 but trading back to 6 was a great fit for them because the players they were targeting would likely still be available at 6, but not at 10.

Not sure what you expected Beane to do about that.  If Indy didn’t want to buy what the Bills had to sell, that’s that.  Beane can’t make him trade.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Nope...their move up was brilliant imo because look at the situation the bills are in...no matter how u try to spin it, it is just jealousy, plain and simple... but I don’t blame u for being jealous- I am too... but I’m not going to pretend it was a bad move just because it wasn’t the Bills that got the pick.

No, it means that the Jets love at least two, possibly 3 QB's equally..  2 if they are gambling that the Giants are not selecting one..  I can see valuing 2 QB's but NOT 3 equally.. 

Tim-