Peter King MM Mock Draft 4/23/18.

PIZ

1 hour ago, McBean said:

NFL guys know talent way more than me

Ehhhhhh I wouldn't necessarily say that. NFL teams show time and time again they are terrible at their jobs. These days we have access to the same film they use to evaluate prospects. I've seen people on these boards that are better at predicting QB success than the average NFL team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The most interesting thing in the article is this, and I think it bodes well for us:  

• There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”

14 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Even with Wood and Cogs retirement our weakest spot is still RT imo. Groy, Bodine and a later pick to compete should be able to compete. Add into that Vlad did play better down the stretch and John Miller, while forgotten about played extremely well just 2 seasons ago in a similar style blocking scheme as we are expecting to run this year.

At LBer we have...Milano. And not much else.

I still think for an offensive line to be great you need an elite talent in the middle of it.  We don't have that right now.  I'd take Daniels or Ragnow over Groy and Bodine in a heartbeat.  Let Groy be the back up at C and have him, Bodine, Miller in competition at the Guard spots with Vlad, who I'm not a fan of honestly but he'll suffice I guess.  RT I'd take in the 3rd.  

Edited by NewEraBills

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why trade up after the big 3 are gone. To lose picks and get Allen would be less than fun 

If the draft were to play out like this I would think we traded up to 6 first and made an effort to get even higher, but failed, and then the Cards traded up ahead of us to grab QB3.

7 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I still think for an offensive line to be great you need an elite talent in the middle of it.  We don't have that right now.  I'd take Daniels or Ragnow over Groy and Bodine in a heartbeat.  Let Groy be the back up at C and have him, Bodine, Miller in competition at the Guard spots with Vlad, who I'm not a fan of honestly but he'll suffice I guess.  RT I'd take in the 3rd.  

Oh, I'm with you on Ragnow. I'd even move up in round 2 to get him. But right now with what we have on the roster if (and it's a huge if) we have a pick at 22 it has to be a LBer. There are a few that will be there that will be great picks. 

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

If Rosen, Darnold and mayfield are gone why trade up?  Plus, Rosen to the Jets would be a disaster.  

Curious to hear why you think that? A disaster for who? The Bills? Jets? Rosen?

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Oh, I'm with you on Ragnow. I'd even move up in round 2 to get him. But right now with what we have on the roster if (and it's a huge if) we have a pick at 22 it has to be a LBer. There are a few that will be there that will be great picks. 

Yeah my bad for us the Bills.  I think Rosen will be the best QB out of this draft.

4 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Yeah my bad for us the Bills.  I think Rosen will be the best QB out of this draft.

That's what I figured you meant. But just wanted to clarify. 

Fwiw, I'm a big "fit" guy. You could have the best player in the world but if he's in a bad situation it increases his chances to fail.

All I can think of with Rosen in NY (Mayfield as well) is that the media in NY is relentless. I can see them creating issues by baiting Rosen for quotes easily. Controversial statements create cash.

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What happened to the big rumor he reported that the Browns are picking Allen at #1?

That was sooooo 2 weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

That's what I figured you meant. But just wanted to clarify. 

Fwiw, I'm a big "fit" guy. You could have the best player in the world but if he's in a bad situation it increases his chances to fail.

All I can think of with Rosen in NY (Mayfield as well) is that the media in NY is relentless. I can see them creating issues by baiting Rosen for quotes easily. Controversial statements create cash.

That was sooooo 2 weeks ago. 

Meh.  I think Rosen would be smart enough to just poke the PC culture and not vilify it.  He needs a nice college town that doesn't care what he does so long as he throws the ball for more than 200 yards.  Buffalo is what the doctor ordered. 

18 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I agree with the need at LB it's just that I don't think they will pigeonhole themselves into taking one at 22 although I'd want them too.  These guys have been around GMs that place a high value on trench players.  I wouldn't be surprised with it.  You have Warner, Leonard, O'Daniel, Jewell still on the board at linebacker.  And honestly, the team needs at least two of them.  It would also be great to snag a WR but at some point, we have to realize we are not going to get everything we need.

Edited by NewEraBills

Man i don't like the Allen pick for some reason with Roquan Smith sitting there which is a better value at that high of a pick & i would think a more sure pick at a position of need also MLB is the QB of the D & he is a first round talent & the best at the position in this draft.

I think it would be a mistake Allen is to much of a boom or bust prospect I hope they wait top ten is to much of a investment in him & there are to many question marks !! 

Go Bills !! 

Yea, this makes no sense.  Arizona can't jump us unless they are offering their 2019 #1 as well.

Also, I'm not giving up a first and two seconds for the 4th QB when there is no risk of him going in the next 5 picks.  If Arizona already jumped us, we only have to worry about Miami, and I believe Mayfield was their target.  With him gone I don't think they'd take Allen even if he was available at #11.  People seem to think Allen needs to be traded up for.

If you look at ALL the mocks and speculation, Allen either goes #1 or in a trade up to us, there are no links to him and any other team.  I legitimately feel if doesn't go 1, he falls all the way to 12 (barring a Arizona trade up).  If we trade up for Rosen/Mayfield and Allen doesn't go #1 I think he falls all the way to Arizona at #15.

I trust Beane knows value and is smart when it comes to valuing talent.  Peter King's scenario won't happen.

Edited by essential

29 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Explain Bortles and Gabbert then?

You’re not going to hit them all.

I’m just saying if the FO selects him we need to welcome Allen and support him. Trust the guys calling the shots.