Allen or Jackson or Rudolph

Bakin

Allen or Jackson or Rudolph  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take at 12?

I chose Lamar Jackson. 

I don't trust Josh Allen at all. I don't trust this franchise to be patient enough to develop him properly. You think Beane or McDermott will survive 2 full seasons of Allen holding a clip board? If we don't make the playoffs both years? If AJ McCarron doesn't pan out as a decent QB option? 

I think Lamar Jackson has a chance to start right away and be a difference maker immediately. I don't know if he'll work out long term but his potential is pretty high. 

Unfortunately this franchise has been very short sighted in my lifetime. For that reason i don't think Allen is an option. 

Jackson. If Allen makes it to 12, it'd be a deserved freefall. 

This talk about him being the #1 pick is just nuts. At the same time, I desperately hope he's taken #1 so I don't have to stress about us picking him.

If we draft Lamar Jackson, we can just call him LJ.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Lamar really is in a different stratosphere compared to Tyrod. If he starts he's my guess for OROY. His pocket presence and passing game are criminally undervalued. I'd prefer one of the top 3, but I'll talk myself into Lamar if we draft him.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

No offense, but that is a false narrative...73% of his rushing yards in College came on designed runs...27% on scrambles...He's become a MUCH more disciplined pocket passer, using that incredible athletic ability to slide and deliver rather than just take off at the 1st sign of pressure...He wants to stay in the pocket and throw...No doubt Petrino was able to convince him that was the way he would get Drafted in the 1st...and it worked...B-) 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-case-to-build-an-nfl-offense-around-lamar-jackson

I watched a lot of him, and that simply isn't what I saw.

On 4/22/2018 at 11:51 PM, Bakin said:

We have reached pick 12. 

Only these 3 remain on our board. 

You must pick one. 

Who do you choose?

Fire Beane ... and maybe McDermott, too.  At #12, a team needs to have more options for that pick than 1 position, especially when 1 of those options is a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

On 4/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, Bakin said:

We have reached pick 12. 

Only these 3 remain on our board. 

You must pick one. 

Who do you choose?

I know Allen & Rudolph both need time , but IYO who do you think is a bigger project and needs more time to develop ? 

7 hours ago, GG said:

I hope we don’t get to a point where nobody wants to trade down and Bills are left with Rudolph as the remaining option at 12.  

I think Rudolph may go earlier then we think I would hate if we used  our 12 pick on him , but I don’t believe he will slide all the way to 22 

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Fire Beane ... and maybe McDermott, too.  At #12, a team needs to have more options for that pick than 1 position, especially when 1 of those options is a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I still believe McBeane will get something done , maybe not with the Giants but Cleveland @ 4 , or Colts/Denver is still a good possibility,  all depends ( of course) on what happens with the first 3 picks , 

i picked rudolph. i don't see any way at all elway passes on allen and possibly a future...elway. that being said, if all 4 are gone, we would be lucky to see rudolph at 12.  i don't get the knocks on rudolph. if you're a pats or steelers fan and your team skips up and nabs him to succeed your aging all pro qb, would you be saying fire everyone?

what makes bills fans so much smarter than those teams for showing a high level of interest in him? i'm not going to list all of his attributes, but other than mayfield, his body of work blows the other 3 out of the water by far.

i'm a parcell's rules for picking a qb guy and i'm going to stick by it. history proves it to be true.

11 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

No offense, but that is a false narrative...73% of his rushing yards in College came on designed runs...27% on scrambles...He's become a MUCH more disciplined pocket passer, using that incredible athletic ability to slide and deliver rather than just take off at the 1st sign of pressure...He wants to stay in the pocket and throw...No doubt Petrino was able to convince him that was the way he would get Drafted in the 1st...and it worked...B-) 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-case-to-build-an-nfl-offense-around-lamar-jackson

Some people can't handle the truth!!

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

#facts

3 hours ago, Putin said:

I know Allen & Rudolph both need time , but IYO who do you think is a bigger project and needs more time to develop ? 

I think Rudolph may go earlier then we think I would hate if we used  our 12 pick on him , but I don’t believe he will slide all the way to 22 

I still believe McBeane will get something done , maybe not with the Giants but Cleveland @ 4 , or Colts/Denver is still a good possibility,  all depends ( of course) on what happens with the first 3 picks , 

Tough one. I think both will struggle nightly with the transition. 

That being said - if Allen is truly physically gifted as they...and can put it all together...then great. He could be good. 

Rudolph has great physical traits and a better college resume. 

All that said I would take a shot with Allen (which means Rudolph will go to the HOF)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, Dadonkadonk said:

I have no issue with that and then see what AJ and a new OC can do.  Still think they swing for the fences but AJ and 6 high draft picks is a reasonable way to go.

No thanks.  If they got Allen at 12 I would be perfectly happy trading out of the first round and give up 22 for another second this year and next year.  A player at 22 or in the top 10 of the second round are just as likely to succeed but at a significant discount.   

It does appear that there's a lot of quality depth at positions of need for us in this draft and not a lot of elite talent, That is a solid take.

10 hours ago, Putin said:

I'm not a great fan of moving up, and if Beane can't/won't move up, that's okay with me.  I answered the specific question the OP asked: what if the Bills don't trade up and at #12 only have Allen, Jackson, and Rudolph on their board.  That's gross incompetence IMO because a GM and his staff have to be prepared for virtually all plausible scenarios.  Having 3 QBs go in the first 11 picks is a very plausible scenario.  It's even plausible that 4 QBs could go in the first 11 picks.  In either case, there are probably at least 2 or 3 blue chip prospects at other positions who fell because teams gambled on prospects who aren't nearly as good just because they want a first round QB.  A team has to be prepared to take JJ Watt over  Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert if that's the way the draft works out. 

21 hours ago, SoTier said:

I'm not a great fan of moving up, and if Beane can't/won't move up, that's okay with me.  I answered the specific question the OP asked: what if the Bills don't trade up and at #12 only have Allen, Jackson, and Rudolph on their board.  That's gross incompetence IMO because a GM and his staff have to be prepared for virtually all plausible scenarios.  Having 3 QBs go in the first 11 picks is a very plausible scenario.  It's even plausible that 4 QBs could go in the first 11 picks.  In either case, there are probably at least 2 or 3 blue chip prospects at other positions who fell because teams gambled on prospects who aren't nearly as good just because they want a first round QB.  A team has to be prepared to take JJ Watt over  Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert if that's the way the draft works out. 

They are making every effort to do just that. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 4/23/2018 at 12:01 AM, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen

He fits what they are looking for

He is not supposed to be there at 12

Most upside of any qb in this draft

Will be holding a clipboard for a while.....but.....

He's going to be a epic bust. Inaccurate at best, a disaster when blitzed and slow on progessions. Anybody but Allen.