DRAFT OPINION

I know anything can happen, it's a DRAFT, there will always be a lot of speculation, but I do not feel we are going to give up most of our picks to select any player, I think if we can make a deal for the ONE player i do believe the Bills have there eyes on we will make it happen one way or another, however i believe we stay at 12 and 22 in the first round and actually feel we trade back into the first in the later rounds and accumulate a third 1st round pick, but again who knows what will take place.

Edited by Gamache518

I respect those who think that but if the Bills traded one of our better OL and a draft pick just to move up to 12 to sit there and let all the teams that need a QB take 1 in front of us then this franchise hasn't changed one bit from the 17 year drought. I'm sick of hoping for miracle Andy Dalton last play of the game TD, how about this team get a viable QB who can sling it all over the field and get us to the playoffs consistently with a chance of a SB? I couldn't care less about anything else at this point, take care of that position and the pieces will start to fill in.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gamache518 said:

I know anything can happen, it's a DRAFT, there will always be a lot of speculation, but I do not feel we are going to give up most of our picks to select any player, I think if we can make a deal for the ONE player i do believe the Bills have there eyes on we will make it happen one way or another, however i believe we stay at 12 and 22 in the first round and actually feel we trade back into the first in the later rounds and accumulate a third 1st round pick, but again who knows what will take place.

We’re going to trade back with the patriots?  Pretty much the only way we can accumulate a 3rd 1st rd picks unless something wacky happens.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I respect those who think that but if the Bills traded one of our better OL and a draft pick just to move up to 12 to sit there and let all the teams that need a QB take 1 in front of us then this franchise hasn't changed one bit from the 17 year drought. I'm sick of hoping for miracle Andy Dalton last play of the game TD, how about this team get a viable QB who can sling it all over the field and get us to the playoffs consistently with a chance of a SB? I couldn't care less about anything else at this point, take care of that position and the pieces will start to fill in.

I think most of us on this board feel that the Bills moved to 12 with every intention of moving even higher.  If the right deal is there at a palatable price I think Beane takes it.  If the Bills end up picking at 12 then I think that would be considered plan B at OBD.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We’re going to trade back with the patriots?  Pretty much the only way we can accumulate a 3rd 1st rd picks unless something wacky happens.

I'm confused to what OP is saying as well, but maybe he means we pick at 12 and 22, and then trade back "into" the 1st round to select a third prospect in round 1.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Well said.

I second these comments.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I'm confused to what OP is saying as well, but maybe he means we pick at 12 and 22, and then trade back "into" the 1st round to select a third prospect in round 1.

Makes sense.  I could see that for sure

2 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I think most of us on this board feel that the Bills moved to 12 with every intention of moving even higher.  If the right deal is there at a palatable price I think Beane takes it.  If the Bills end up picking at 12 then I think that would be considered plan B at OBD.

That is my mindset. If the Bills don't trade up I can only assume it wasn't available. If we can't move up better be taking a look at some of the next tier of rookie QBs. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Obviously you are convinced salvation is there for the taking. All you have to do is jump off the cliff.

They moved up to 12 to be in striking distance of the QB, or QBs, they want. Not to flush the future for any QB left.

If the QBs they want are gone before they can trade up, sorry, they aren't trading up just because they traded up to 12.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

I'll sleep better tonight knowing you feel this way!

I just knew there was something missing from the other 10000 draft threads, but couldn't put my finger on what....

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Obviously you are convinced salvation is there for the taking. All you have to do is jump off the cliff.

They moved up to 12 to be in striking distance of the QB, or QBs, they want. Not to flush the future for any QB left.

If the QBs they want are gone before they can trade up, sorry, they aren't trading up just because they traded up to 12.

So never doing anything and filling the most inportant position with journeymen is the answer? Flush the future down the toilet? We collected those picks for what I believe is the QB they feel can help them win games, you think we moved up the draft for some MLB or DT? I would hope they aren't that dumb.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't. I've never had less respect for any position from other Bills fans than not wanting to trade up this year. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So never doing anything and filling the most inportant position with journeymen is the answer? Flush the future down the toilet? We collected those picks for what I believe is the QB they feel can help them win games, you think we moved up the draft for some MLB or DT? I would hope they aren't that dumb.

So you are advocating the Bills trade up to get any QB? Even if it's one they don't believe in? That's the definition of dumb.

I get you have a case of blue balls for a QB, and all the trades up to now got you all worked up and you want the happy ending. But giving up draft capital for a QB you don't believe in or want is not what you want this team to do 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you are advocating the Bills trade up to get any QB? Even if it's one they don't believe in? That's the definition of dumb.

I get you have a case of blue balls for a QB, and all the trades up to now got you all worked up and you want the happy ending. But giving up draft capital for a QB you don't believe in or want is not what you want this team to do 

That's just a dumb comment, why would they trade up for a any QB? Blue balls for a QB? I didn't know I was conversing with a 13 year old, my mistake carry on your rant.

That's just a dumb comment, why would they trade up for a any QB? Blue balls for a QB? I didn't know I was conversing with a 13 year old, my mistake carry on your rant.

What you got wrong was thinking I said "don't draft a QB." I'm saying don't trade up just to get any QB because you think you have to."

It's possible that the Bills won't be able to trade up because teams want the same QBs we want. If that happens, and all the ones Beane wanted are gone by 5, then hold at 12 and see what's there. Maybe at that point trade down if you don't believe in, say, Jackson, but someone else does. But by all means get a QB at some point.