A couple Bills Rumors from WGR sports talk Saturday

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We can only hope that the Giants go Barkley or Chubb instead of 3 QB's off the board in the first 3 picks.

I don’t mind 3 QBs being off the board as long as one of them is Allen...if not we are screwed

• Like (+1) 1

If we offered 3 1st rd picks and the Giants didn't take it then they are stupid. If the rookie starts your probably looking at a top 5 pick in 2019. I might offer a player like Hughes or Shady to the deal but no other picks. Just because the Jets were stupid and offered way to much for the 3rd pick doesn't mean we need to overpay for the Giants pick.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

I’ve been saying it for months.

The New York Giants aren’t trading out of #2 because they are taking a QB. 

It’s going to be a Bears Trubisky selection reaction on Thursday night when it happens.

Gettlemen and Pat Shurmur aren’t that stupid. This is Shurmur’s second and most likely final shot at being a HC. He’s not going to go down with a 37 year old washed up Eli Manning.

100% correct.  Further evidenced by the fact that they were unwilling to move back to #6 with the Jets and pick up those additional three 2nd round picks.  Gettleman may be old school and appreciate his "hog mollies" but he's not dumb enough to turn down that bounty of draft picks unless they absolutely love 1 of the QBs.  

IMO, it's either Darnold or Rosen the Giants want probably in that order.

I happen to think the Bills like the same 2 QBs.....and if both are gone the Bills will not be moving up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There is no set value.  The value is set each year based on the players available and how much other teams value those players,  that is the only truth to draft pick values imo. The jets traded 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots.  It’s worth it to them and that sets the value,

I kinda thought there were 2 different draft value charts that people used.  A dollar is still a dollar.  What changes is the premium or you could say the profit desired.  One team may overpay while another may set a certain premium.  If the same player is still available Beane may give up the same but I doubt it.  It's not very likely he will give the same value for 5 as he offered for 2 if the story is true.

6 minutes ago, Estro said:

100% correct.  Further evidenced by the fact that they were unwilling to move back to #6 with the Jets and pick up those additional three 2nd round picks.  Gettleman may be old school and appreciate his "hog mollies" but he's not dumb enough to turn down that bounty of draft picks unless they absolutely love 1 of the QBs.  

IMO, it's either Darnold or Rosen the Giants want probably in that order.

I happen to think the Bills like the same 2 QBs.....and if both are gone the Bills will not be moving up.

I find it more likely that they take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Someone like White or Lauletta. They're still not sure what they have in Davis Webb. If they stay at two, it's to take Barkley or Chubb, IMO.

3 hours ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Nate Geary had a couple interesting tidbits yesterday. Take it for what it's worth.

1) Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

Perhaps that was their breaking point and that's why the Rapsheet story came out about them not looking at 2 anymore

2)He's heard the Bills like Rosen. Didn't say if they have him ranked as their top qb, but at the very least it means they aren't one of the teams that dropped him for character/durability.

Either way, 4 more days. We will make it!

Giants likely don't want to drop outside of the top six so #12, #22 and 2019 1st rounder is going to cut it.  If the Bills are interested they have to have a little dance with Denver #5 and then swing a deal with the Giants provided they'll be happy with Chubb or Barkley vs. QB.  Perhaps #5 and 2019 1st rounder gets it done .... not crazy about giving up the 2019 1st rounder because it's likely going to be a top 10 pick. 

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Greg, Peter, or Bobby?

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Definitely Peter, kid always has the furnace boiling just below the surface. 

I don't know about that. Bobby may not have the physical tools of the other two but he was the one who manged to get Joe Namath to come to the house. He would be the better field general, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't know about that. Bobby may not have the physical tools of the other two but he was the one who manged to get Joe Namath to come to the house. He would be the better field general, IMO.

I don't know about field general, but there's the makings of a GM.  (Don't let Namath out of the building!)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jasovon said:

If the giants turn down. 3 first round picks including 2 this year to take anything other than  a qb then they are idiots.

I have a very difficult time believing that the Bills offered three firsts to get to the #2 spot. That might be the amount you give up for an Andrew Luck type, just not for any of these schmoes this year.

From what I've read NY Giants GM Gettleman wants a gold jacket player at that #2 spot. The only two possibilities I see are OG Quinton Nelson and S Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I don't think that there is a QB in this draft worth trading up to the #2 spot for...now the #4,#5 spots it would be different.