A couple Bills Rumors from WGR sports talk Saturday

Just now, McBean said:

I’m also going on record for another bold prediction.

The Browns pass on Barkley at 4 which is going to cause teams to scramble and try to get Saquon at 5 with Denver.

Browns added Carlos Hyde this off season and already have a good back in Duke Johnson.

It’s going to be wild. I can’t freakin wait man.

I actually think it will be the opposite.  I think it is pretty much set already.

Allen/Darnold at one

Barkley two

Darnold/Mayfield at three

Chubb at four

TRADE at 5 for whatever one of Allen/Darnold/Mayfield that doesn't go in top 4.

Just now, billspro said:

I don’t see Gettleman as a smokescreen type of guy. He is old school, what you see is what you get.

We will see.

I’m ALL IN on them taking a QB. However, I hope you’re right and they take Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Unless he wants a qb. That's the only reason to turn that down

Or he's waiting us out.  Why would he trade out now when the Bills can sweat it out all week and he can possibly leverage himself into a trade down before pick 12 with another team to still grab a top guy while collecting more picks.

30 minutes ago, jr1 said:

the longer this goes on the more expensive the trade will be

I don’t agree with this totally. If on draft night 1-4 go the way the Bills like I expect them to make the move up. There is zero chance the Bills have the same grade on the 4  quarterbacks that we on here believe to be first round picks. Beane May or may not of made a play for the second pick. If after the Jets pick the quarterback the Bill like the most is still there, they will do everything they can to get him.

I would believe that Beane has made Draft Day trade arrangements with all the top 8 teams in the Draft. Should the player Beane wants and the particular team is willing to make the trade, the trigger will be pulled. I would also believe Arizona, New England, and Miami have probably made the same arrangements.

I think the Giants ultimately trade down but don't want to drop to 12. They want Barkley, Chubb or Nelson. That's why the talk of the 3 team deal whether it be the Browns, Broncos or Colts as the 3rd team. 

You value gurus, would this even be close? And I would hope this would be contingent on Bills having their pick of Darnold - Rosen or Mayfield at 2

Bills - #2

Giants - #6 - #22 - #56 - 2019 second

Colts - #12 - #53 - #96 - Shaq Lawson 

Edited by Floydboy12

12 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think you are undervaluing firsts a bit. The Chiefs essentially gave up two firsts to move up 17 spots last year. Three first should have the value of first overall. Maybe you have to throw in a few 4th or 5th rounders.

Should have, but when they know they have other desperate teams out there to move up they can basically play one team aaginst the others...especially after Cleveland makes their selection on thursday night and the teams know who is available.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i am 100% on board with this. Schoop was talking the other day about the massive differnce in picks it takes to get to #2 vs 4 or 5..and I still cant believe Gettleman will take a RB instead of 3 #1 picks...I mean that cant happen in 2018 can it?

If they stay at #2, I have to believe it’s for a QB. Otherwise it’s just plain foolish....which I also possible. 

1 hour ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Nate Geary had a couple interesting tidbits yesterday. Take it for what it's worth.

1) Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

Perhaps that was their breaking point and that's why the Rapsheet story came out about them not looking at 2 anymore

You think someone in the Bills org leaked that to Rapaport as a message back to the Giants?

I would think to make a deal before draft day, a team would have to offer a premium haul.  Once the Giants are on the clock and the phone is or isn't ringing, they will know for sure what the market is.  I'm guessing, though, that the sticking point is Giants don't want to fall as far as 12.  There is probably a player they want, and they think they need to stay higher to get him.  Maybe top-6

OTOH, if the teams in that range are no longer worried about later teams jumping them ('cuz the Giants want too much), they may not have as much motivation to trade up.

1 hour ago, Manther said:

What if he takes a QB?

See this is the scare factor.. This entire draft is of the hopes for us that they pick RB/DE/OT in this position. IF Giants go QB then all bets are off and I guarantee you the #4 or #5 draft pick will cost MORE then, then it will now.

situational trading.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen for much cheaper

You realize that 12, 22 and 53 are the same value as 12, 22 and 2019 1st.

15 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don’t see Gettleman as a smokescreen type of guy. He is old school, what you see is what you get.

....wouldn't surprise me if Gettleman does plan on getting 2 more years (MAX) out of Eli and selects the Barkley kid to re-establish the Giants run game of yesteryear......

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Maybe on a value chart. But I am afraid the Bills first rounder next year is gonna be top 5-10. I'd hate for them to let that go. 

9 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Maybe on a value chart. But I am afraid the Bills first rounder next year is gonna be top 5-10. I'd hate for them to let that go. 

.....pretty safe to say IMO that the value chart is a general guide versus "gospel".....

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

the longer this goes on the more expensive the trade will be

Which is exactly why they are probably holding

20 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

The Giants will either take Darnold or trade out. League consensus is that Darnold is the best guy. The Giants have to hold the pick until the Browns actually take him.

Which is exactly what is going on. R.E.L.A.X. 

25 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

There is no set value.  The value is set each year based on the players available and how much other teams value those players,  that is the only truth to draft pick values imo. The jets traded 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots.  It’s worth it to them and that sets the value,

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t believe Geary or anyone other than Sal there have any real sources or info

I second this.  I too question Geary’s credibility.  Sal is usually spot on though he’s been blindsided by moves before.  Jeremy at WGR actually has some sources too

24 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

The Giants will either take Darnold or trade out. League consensus is that Darnold is the best guy. The Giants have to hold the pick until the Browns actually take him.

League consensus or not... nearly ever draft insider is saying Gettleman is leaning against taking QB