Tasker and Murphy: One Bills Live?

7 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

More like One Bills "Ready to Hang Up the Headsets", One Bills "jive", One Bills "white", One Bills "hive", uh, um...seriously work sucks enough without listening to homer geezers all afternoon. I miss you Donald already even though you're actually not that great either. 

So I checked your posts out just to see if you were trolling or not and noticed your so negative about... everything? why is this? and you make comments like

"moving up for Rudolph"

that's trolling sir and I truly wonder if this thread is just another well disguised troll

Knock it of what there doing now is way better then what they had before Tasker.

A Lot more insight. Tasker serves on special teams committee for possible rules

what they are doing is fine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

Tasker is good. Much better at this than doing broadcasts of games.

I must be listening at the wrong times.  Tasker seems to repeatedly stumble at speaking 'off the cuff'.  Jones was much better at that skill.  Then again, 15 hours a week is a lot of airtime to have to fill in the segments where they're not interviewing Bills staffers or 'experts'. This show also tends to 'toe the line' in regards to Bills policy, whereas the other WGR hosts can kvetch about team policies and decisions.  Can you picture 3 hours daily of Van Miller, Stan Barron, and Jeff 'Fan' Kaye doing the show?  The best show was the Monday night segment Murphy would do years ago with Larry Felser, before Murphy worked for the team.

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So I checked your posts out just to see if you were trolling or not and noticed your so negative about... everything? why is this? and you make comments like

"moving up for Rudolph"

that's trolling sir and I truly wonder if this thread is just another well disguised troll

Knock it of what there doing now is way better then what they had before Tasker.

A Lot more insight. Tasker serves on special teams committee for possible rules

what they are doing is fine.

Not a Troll. I love the Bills and I believe that quote about Rudolph was about the Pats moving up. Tasker was just fine once or twice a week for an hour. My real hope is that Lorenzo does it after he retires. Him and Murph get along great. 

John Murphy was great by himself for two hours. I'd suggest going back to that format. There's a difference between homer and positivity. Some people need to here negativity and bitching, there's a show for that. Sorry if Murph is too old or white for the op social justice warrior, but Murph has a great style and talks real football. If you don't like it, tune in from 3 to 7 for all the shallow complaining you can handle. 

Edited by Fan boy '92
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

John Murphy was great by himself for two hours. I'd suggest going back to that format. There's a difference between homer and positivity. Some people need to here negativity and bitching, there's a show for that. Sorry if Murph is too old or white for the op social justice warrior, but Murph has a great style and talks real football. If you don't like it, tune in from 3 to 7 for all the shallow complaining you can handle. 

Has nothing to do with sjw...Murph is a bozo who lacks basic insight and knowledge of players and prospects to be on the radio imo.  Whenever I listen, I never hear him offer anything of substance, and his his audience that calls in reflects that as well imo...I actually feel dumber after taking in one of his shows.

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Has nothing to do with sjw...Murph is a bozo who lacks basic insight and knowledge of players and prospects to be on the radio imo.  Whenever I listen, I never hear him offer anything of substance, and his his audience that calls in reflects that as well imo...I actually feel dumber after taking in one of his shows.

No sjw, huh? You might want to reread the original post. Honestly, it doesn't sound like you listen to John Murphy at all. His show is the closest we have to actual xs and os football talk, not a popular format for peeps who tune in for a drama filled bitc. fest.

1 hour ago, Threedollabills said:

Not a Troll. I love the Bills and I believe that quote about Rudolph was about the Pats moving up. Tasker was just fine once or twice a week for an hour. My real hope is that Lorenzo does it after he retires. Him and Murph get along great. 

you think Lorenzo will be better then Tasker  that's laughable.

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you think Lorenzo will be better then Tasker  that's laughable.

If Lorenzo were focused on league analysis instead of prepping for the season/games he would do a lot better but he already does a good job. He's got character, football knowledge, he's articulate, funny, and good hearted. Plus like I said, him and Murph get along and have good chemistry together. Tasker stammers like King George VI. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tasker is simply awful on CBS telecasts as well as when he's doing the JMS/One Bills Live. 

I think he has improved, slightly on game broadcasts...disagree about the JMS show.  He injects some energy into the show.  He also knows the leauge very well.  I think he has improved much in the "stammering" department as well.

16 hours ago, CamDMC said:

The JMS with any host sucks. I would like to see a show with LorAx and Fred Jackson. But alas, that will never happen.

Lorenzo seems like a great guy, and he has personality..but he really only talks about himself...to me that gets old pretty fast.  Ruben Brown is similar in that way...entertaining, but he just kind of commands too much attention, that it kind of takes away from the natural flow of conversation.  And, I love Fred Jackson as much as any Bills fan, but what have you heard that would make you think he would be better than anyone else at talking about Bills football for 15 hours a week?  It isnt something that just anyone can do.

15 hours ago, Fan boy '92 said:

I think people are a little hard on Murphy.  I thouhgt his solo show was pretty dull though.  I think most radio shows benefit from having two hosts...the quality of the phone calls on the show is pretty low...

Edited by Buftex

On 4/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, Threedollabills said:

More like One Bills "Ready to Hang Up the Headsets", One Bills "jive", One Bills "white", One Bills "hive", uh, um...seriously work sucks enough without listening to homer geezers all afternoon. I miss you Donald already even though you're actually not that great either. 

They should just blow this show up.  When i listen i find myself nervous during and after listening. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making another one.  Despite what the OP says, I have got to say that I have been enjoying One Bills Live lately.  It's head and shoulders above what the John Murphy show used to be.  Tasker has really made the show fun to listen to.  He's insightful and provides good back and forth banter that Murph needed.  Anybody else feel this way or am I about to be yelled at?