Rosen or Darnold? Who's your pick?

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

He can always pack on a few pounds, but you can't teach the underlying intelligence that he already has....not enough to make say Matt Ryan into Tom Brady.

Funny, because I was about to compare him to Matt Ryan.  Which would be fine with me even if he isn't quite Brady ....

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Rosen is heavier than Darnold and he is only 21 and can pack on more weight. But 6'4" 226 is pretty solid. Also consider that Darnold likes to run and hit people, played LB in high school. Who is more likely to get hurt? The guy who likes to run and initiate contact or the pocket passer who will throw it out of bounds? How often do pocket passers in the NFL get hit? Brady never gets hit it's crazy

Yeah, I think that's right. Darnold has that kind of fearlessness that gets you in trouble in the NFL, even though I enjoy watching it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

What do you think the Broncos do if both are available?  If they don't want qb, they could trade back and get a nice payout.

Agreed

I was just responding to them getting picked top 3

I expect 3 QBs gone in top5, maybe 4 guys

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Still amusing to me that in the TBD universe, Josh Allen sucks and isn't worth of getting drafted on Thursday or Friday but meanwhile, in reality, a lot of people have him going first overall. 

That's a strawman, alot of people on here just don't have him as their first QB. Personally, 1 Rosen 2 Darnold 3 Mayfield 4 Allen 5 Jackson 6 Rudolph. The Bills love Darnold and want him. Just a different view.

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I think Darnold is their guy but Rosen is the one they are more likely to land and of course, then he'll be the guy they wanted all along.

I believe this to be true as well. I think they would prefer Darnold but he seems unattainable with everyone believing he goes #1 or #2 to the Giants if they hold their position.

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I believe this to be true as well. I think they would prefer Darnold but he seems unattainable with everyone believing he goes #1 or #2 to the Giants if they hold their position.

Only hope on Darnold is Browns pass on him and that Beane has worked out a deal with Giants if they do so.  If G-men want Darnold, we will be trying for whoever is left after the Jets' pick.

Edited by Dr. Who

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't want either.   We have too many holes to worry about QB.

I don't like or want either too. Unless one falls and then I hope it's Darnold.

Buffalo needs a blue collar guy who can play in the cold with those swirling winds at the Ralph, err New Era. Someone with a strong arm who can throw on the run and can take a hit without getting injured or turning the ball over.

6 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

It always blows my mind how much projections change between the end of the college season and the draft. No more games will be played, yet prospects fly all over the consensus draft boards anyways. After months of seeing Darnold and Rosen mocked to picks 1 and 2, it would seem many now expect them to fall. 

In this hypothetical, we're able to get to 5 or 6 with both of these guys on the board. 

My choice is Rosen. Darnold may well end up being the better of the two, but right now he isn't. His improvisation skills are amazing, but his hitch in his throwing motion, propensity for turnovers and his happy feet in the pocket have me worried. I like his potential, but I'm not sold. 

Rosen on the other hand is as pro ready as they come. Textbook mechanics, great in the quick pass game which will benefit guys like Benjamin quite a bit, and the rare ability to manipulate the defense with his eyes and pump fakes while scanning the field very quickly. I see a lot of Manning in him, the way he's looked at as the more 'cerebral' prospect.

Who do you pick? 

Mayfield 

My heart will miss a beat every time Rosen gets sacked and his head bounces off the turf. That just might be bad for me!  :wacko:

I’m thrilled with either, but lean Darnold mostly because the concussions scare me, especially for a guy who isn’t know for being overly nimble who is playing behind a revamped OLine. 

I'd be happy with either.  They're the only 2 QBs that I have zero doubt will succeed with the Bills.  

Both are accurate, pure passers.  Darnold is tougher and has the better arm, but Rosen is just a natural.  He makes it look effortless. 

It's a win win, either way.

• Like (+1) 1