Rosen or Darnold? Who's your pick?

It always blows my mind how much projections change between the end of the college season and the draft. No more games will be played, yet prospects fly all over the consensus draft boards anyways. After months of seeing Darnold and Rosen mocked to picks 1 and 2, it would seem many now expect them to fall. 

In this hypothetical, we're able to get to 5 or 6 with both of these guys on the board. 

My choice is Rosen. Darnold may well end up being the better of the two, but right now he isn't. His improvisation skills are amazing, but his hitch in his throwing motion, propensity for turnovers and his happy feet in the pocket have me worried. I like his potential, but I'm not sold. 

Rosen on the other hand is as pro ready as they come. Textbook mechanics, great in the quick pass game which will benefit guys like Benjamin quite a bit, and the rare ability to manipulate the defense with his eyes and pump fakes while scanning the field very quickly. I see a lot of Manning in him, the way he's looked at as the more 'cerebral' prospect.

Who do you pick? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

It always blows my mind how much projections change between the end of the college season and the draft. No more games will be played, yet prospects fly all over the consensus draft boards anyways. After months of seeing Darnold and Rosen mocked to picks 1 and 2, it would seem many now expect them to fall. 

In this hypothetical, we're able to get to 5 or 6 with both of these guys on the board. 

My choice is Rosen. Darnold may well end up being the better of the two, but right now he isn't. His improvisation skills are amazing, but his hitch in his throwing motion, propensity for turnovers and his happy feet in the pocket have me worried. I like his potential, but I'm not sold. 

Rosen on the other hand is as pro ready as they come. Textbook mechanics, great in the quick pass game which will benefit guys like Benjamin quite a bit, and the rare ability to manipulate the defense with his eyes and pump fakes while scanning the field very quickly. I see a lot of Manning in him, the way he's looked at as the more 'cerebral' prospect.

Who do you pick? 

I agree with everything you said, except the bolded. It would still not surprise me to see both gone in the TOP 3.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I agree with everything you say, except the bolded. It would still not surprise me to see both gone in the TOP 3.

For clarifaction, it's not what I expect to happen. Just the narrative being sent out by the media, which as we all know has little to no bearing on reality. 

23 minutes ago, DFT said:

Rosen.   But I’m wrong 9 times out of 10.   

Rosen, and I'm right 9 outta 10!

If we get Rosen, I'm 100% certain we have our franchise guy, provided he can stay healthy.  With Darnold, I feel it's a 50/50 toss up if he can improve and become good enough to be a true franchise QB. 

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1