Bills the worst team in the NFL this season?

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Now personally I think this guy is a pigdick and probably eats paint, but that’s just my opinion...

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/20/2018-nfl-season-buffalo-bills-espn-worst-team-in-nfl/amp/

It could happen. Talent wise RIGHT NOW I'd say our roster is severely lacking. 

I also saw last year our coaching staff get that roster to play as a team. There will be improvements to the roster. But it could still a rough season. Could also go 11-5 and win the division. It's a quirky little league like that.

6 hours ago, jr1 said:

media: get rid of Tyrod

media: the Bills will suck without Tyrod

Nice try. The media was split on Taylor all last year. The same applied to the Bills fans as well. Revisionists abound. 

Before the interweb, you might pick up a stray wire story about your team's predicted performance.  Nowadays anybody with a keyboard who uses the term 'analytics' is an expert with plenty of exposure on the internet.  Until the players start wiping out on shower mats in training camp, I'll say that most of the pundits are throwing darts at a dart board.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

As of right now we're the 6th best team in a 16 team conference.  Why so pessemistic? Gheez.

Pats

Chiefs

Steelers

Jags

Chargers

Raiders

Jaguars

That's 7 better

Titans are probably a coinflip

Broncos are better if keenum is even 70% of what he did last year

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Wow you put that all together by yourself?!? Good job little buddy! Now if we can just get you to stop shitting your bed and drooling on yourself

I thought he was agreeing with you...this thread's perspective is confusing me. Are we happy to discussing this article? Or is it trash? Are we happy to be discussing that it's trash? Are we allowed to have dissenting opinions on whether it's worth discussing that the article is trash?  I don't get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m always a realist when it comes to the Bills. It is entirely possible that they are the worst team in the league this year. They are a bad football team. 

With that being said, this year was about getting the QB and resetting the cap. They have checked one of those boxes and are on the verge of checking the other. They really need to try to do that without relinquishing 2019 picks. If they do so, we may be talking about a good, potentially great, team going into 2019. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I thought he was agreeing with you...this thread's perspective is confusing me. Are we happy to discussing this article? Or is it trash? Are we happy to be discussing that it's trash? Are we allowed to have dissenting opinions on whether it's worth discussing that the article is trash?  I don't get it. 

Jesus don’t hurt yourself thinking about it. My reply was because the poster said “who gives a flying f”.

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Before the draft they might have a good case.  We lost our three best offensive lineman, did little to address WR (we lost Thompson and picked up Kerley), our projected QB starter is a 5th round pick with little experience, we didn't do anything to replace Preston Brown, and I think Gaines is a better player than Davis at this point in their careers.  If we have a good draft where we keep most of our picks and still select a quarterback along with picking up some free agents/cuts to fill our remaining holes before the season starts, we should be at least competitive.

Sadly accurate.  Making the playoffs last season will give this regime some capital with the fans and they’re going to spend a far bit of it this season.  It’s not a total tear down and they won’t be the worst team in the league, but it’s a rebuild and they won’t make .500 either.  Or rather they’d have to hit big at QB for a winn8ng record to happen.  

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

Just in general, to make any prediction before the draft, mini camp, training camp.... is ridiculous. I also always found reporters predictions to be such a stupid exercise. I mean, who cares what they think, they're predictions have no more credibility than any of ours. Just an ego trip.

More like clickbait to get eyeballs. I don’t know who or what a “Mike Clay” is but linking and discussing his material, however misguided, makes his bosses very happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Pats

Chiefs

Steelers

Jags

Chargers

Raiders

Jaguars

That's 7 better

Titans are probably a coinflip

Broncos are better if keenum is even 70% of what he did last year

I think you may have wandered away from the point here. His argument was that we don't know what next year will bring for any team, so until anyone proves otherwise, we are what our record says we are. Ultimately, the Bills are the biggest of question marks, because the defense was dominant at its best (its stats were mostly obliterated during the three week stretch in which it fell apart) and we don't know what the QB or O-Line situation will be. Plus, from what we've seen of this organization and this administration, there will be many changes between now and early September.

That being said, I don't really see where our talent level is that far from where we started last year, nor do I see how the Raiders improved from the bellyflop of last year (and we beat them handily), so I don't particularly buy that one, and feel like the Chargers are the most overrated team in the league for their "potential." Chiefs did a worse mid-season nosedive than we did.