Sadly, I think this mock from CBS is the most accurate...

They'll never, ever draft Lamar Jackson, he's basically a worse version of Tyrod Taylor, while lacking any of Tyrod's leadership or smarts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson go in the second or third round, you're either viewed as a starting QB or a backup/project, no one drafts a backup qb that won't see the field in round one, we'll see I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

The funny part about Lamar, his ceiling to me is so much higher than anyone in this class. If someone can find a way to mold an offense around him, the kid could be the second coming of Vick.

That being said, Allen who doesnt bring the same athletic ability or credentials is rated higher than Jackson. Its beyond astonishing to me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe the Giants take a QB

Maybe the Broncos take a QB

But i'd be surprised if they both did. Especially with how much noise Elway's making about trading down.

I'm worried that's Elway blowing smoke so a team like Buffalo doesn't go to 2 or 4 and take his QB.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

At 12?!?  That would be a disaster of epic proportions.  No way this happens.  

No, it wouldn't.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

It won't happen.  Nothing that Brandon has said publicly would indicate that he wants a QB like Jackson.  I think they are more inclined to draft Manson Rudolph at 21.

Which is exactly why he may very well be Beane's target. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

That is depressing but realistic.  Wouldn't surprise me to see someone jump to 11 and take him, leaving nothing for the Bills.

This, I think, is what should worry us the most. 

Browns inevitably take a QB

Jets inevitably take a QB

2 of the 3 teams of the Giants, Broncos & Dolphins (or Pats in a surprise trade up ahead of us) take a QB

We're left with utter crap.

There's 100% certainty the Bills would get, at best, the 3rd QB at 12. Very likely the 4th and only a little less likely the 5th.

Trade up!!!

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-start-qb-run-with-josh-allen-bills-take-lamar-jackson/amp/

All the top 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks, with only the Browns at #4 picking a non-QB with their 2nd selection. 

Then we're left at #12, and are probably desperate enough to grab a QB anyway, likely hoping he ends up pulling a DeShaun Watson.

BUF.png12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. After trading up from No. 21 to No. 12, the Bills stay put for their quarterback and take Jackson. There's no rush to get him on the field immediately; AJ McCarron will have a chance to earn the job in 2018, but if he flops, Jackson would get his opportunity to be the next face of the franchise.

Yeah, if #2 and #5 prove unwilling to trade, it could be unthrilling for us.

I don't see us picking Jackson in that case, but what do I know?

2 hours ago, par73 said:

Beane and McDermott have made it clear they want a big pocket passer. I don't believe they will "settle," if their guy is gone.

They haven't come out and said they want a big pocket passer.  All personnel signs hint to a traditional pocket passer, but only those in OBD's inner circle know at this point if they'd consider Jackson at 12 or 22.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

That is depressing but realistic.  Wouldn't surprise me to see someone jump to 11 and take him, leaving nothing for the Bills.

No one is jumping the Bills if they don't want them too. Who can offer them more draft picks including first rounders? The only teams that can put together a more attractive package don't need to jump the Bills because they are already picking before them.

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm of the mind that McBeane does not fancy Lamar Jackson's skillset, based on published comments and roster (including gameday starters) management.

Can someone show me anything that suggests this regime would draft Jackson to be their franchise QB?

That’s what I think too. I was far from a Tyrod fan but I will give him credit. Tyrod Taylor was probably the 3rd best running QB I have ever seen. If we were looking to get a QB in here with Jackson’s rushing ability, why did we trade Tyrod? If nothing else it would have made sense to keep Tyrod, draft Jackson and build an offense around a QBs ability to move. Then we would have 2 guys capable of running it and injury wouldn’t be a huge concern. I have never for a second thought we have any interest in Jackson. That seems pretty obvious to me.

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s what I think too. I was far from a Tyrod fan but I will give him credit. Tyrod Taylor was probably the 3rd best running QB I have ever seen. If we were looking to get a QB in here with Jackson’s rushing ability, why did we trade Tyrod? If nothing else it would have made sense to keep Tyrod, draft Jackson and build an offense around a QBs ability to move. Then we would have 2 guys capable of running it and injury wouldn’t be a huge concern. I have never for a second thought we have any interest in Jackson. That seems pretty obvious to me.

Unfortunately, actually throwing the football and scoring points would be. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

The funny part about Lamar, his ceiling to me is so much higher than anyone in this class. If someone can find a way to mold an offense around him, the kid could be the second coming of Vick.

That being said, Allen who doesnt bring the same athletic ability or credentials is rated higher than Jackson. Its beyond astonishing to me.

This is the thing that blows my mind....if you are a team drafting a QB this year....I don't understand how you can like Allen and not like Jackson and vice versa.  You either marvel at the physical attributes and don't worry about the completion pct, or decision making or you worry about the completion pct and don't care they are physical specimens.  ....to like one and not the other makes no sense..they have similar concerns.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm of the mind that McBeane does not fancy Lamar Jackson's skillset, based on published comments and roster (including gameday starters) management.

Can someone show me anything that suggests this regime would draft Jackson to be their franchise QB?

You asked for it.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/lamar_jackson_steals_show_at_nfl_combine_meets_with_buffalo_bills.html

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe the Giants take a QB

Maybe the Broncos take a QB

But i'd be surprised if they both did. Especially with how much noise Elway's making about trading down.

Yes, because you can always trust what NFL GM's say publicly about their draft intentions. Play it close to the vest? Misdirection? Nonsense. The secret to a solid draft is to burble your strategy to the press. Its like poker, the best plan is to show your opponents your cards. People respect that kind of honesty.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It will only happen if this is how the bills choose for it to happen.

Its not a bad plan B......but we have more then enough draft capital to get a QB higher

Exactly how I see it. If anyone has the assets to move up it's the Bills. If they stay put it is one, no one wanted to move down(doubtful) or two, they didn't want to move up and take plan B. Jackson at #12 and rest of our picks would still be opportunity to a great draft.

I think if the qb's  are taken we take our LB here and then make a trade up from 22 to take Jackson.  I like Jackson, think he is much better than Watson, McBean has not stated he wants a pocket passer, he said you need to be able to stand in the pocket and make passes.    Jackson has made improvements year after year in passing from the pocket.   I for one am in hopes that Jackson is our QB but not at 12.   If we don't get Jackson then I am happy with Rudolf at 22.