Sadly, I think this mock from CBS is the most accurate...

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-start-qb-run-with-josh-allen-bills-take-lamar-jackson/amp/

All the top 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks, with only the Browns at #4 picking a non-QB with their 2nd selection. 

Then we're left at #12, and are probably desperate enough to grab a QB anyway, likely hoping he ends up pulling a DeShaun Watson.

BUF.png12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. After trading up from No. 21 to No. 12, the Bills stay put for their quarterback and take Jackson. There's no rush to get him on the field immediately; AJ McCarron will have a chance to earn the job in 2018, but if he flops, Jackson would get his opportunity to be the next face of the franchise.

This draft was done with no trades - so I think it is pretty inaccurate - I believe there will be several spots to move up and I would be shocked if there is not at least on trade someplace in the top 10.

I don’t know how things will go for the top picks, but I think this is about as lazy of a mock draft as any site puts out.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

It won't happen.  Nothing that Brandon has said publicly would indicate that he wants a QB like Jackson.  I think they are more inclined to draft Manson Rudolph at 21.

Then you would need to draft Rudolph at 12 if you wanted to get him

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

It won't happen.  Nothing that Brandon has said publicly would indicate that he wants a QB like Jackson.  I think they are more inclined to draft Manson Rudolph at 21.

Worst possible outcome, Beane and McDermott gone in 3. Another rb at qb and a workout warrior at lb :lol:

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe the Giants take a QB

Maybe the Broncos take a QB

But i'd be surprised if they both did. Especially with how much noise Elway's making about trading down.

Agreed.  Denver isn’t taking a qb there, they very much want to trade down and the Bills have the most to offer.   If it plays out like this, Rosen will be there for the picking, at a fairly reasonable price (12 and 22).

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Yes, because you can always trust what NFL GM's say publicly about their draft intentions. Play it close to the vest? Misdirection? Nonsense. The secret to a solid draft is to burble your strategy to the press. Its like poker, the best plan is to show your opponents your cards. People respect that kind of honesty.

Yes, this is the lying season, but teams that announce their pick is for sale generally mean it.  What advantage is to be gained by saying something like that if it’s not true?   Another GM has only to pick up the phone and he can find out in five minutes if Elway is serious.

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-start-qb-run-with-josh-allen-bills-take-lamar-jackson/amp/

All the top 4 QB's go in the first 5 picks, with only the Browns at #4 picking a non-QB with their 2nd selection. 

Then we're left at #12, and are probably desperate enough to grab a QB anyway, likely hoping he ends up pulling a DeShaun Watson.

BUF.png12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. After trading up from No. 21 to No. 12, the Bills stay put for their quarterback and take Jackson. There's no rush to get him on the field immediately; AJ McCarron will have a chance to earn the job in 2018, but if he flops, Jackson would get his opportunity to be the next face of the franchise.

Not what I would hope to see.... but will admit that there would be a small part of me that enjoyed the 5th grade class getting it right 

1 hour ago, Hatszel said:

I think if the qb's  are taken we take our LB here and then make a trade up from 22 to take Jackson.  I like Jackson, think he is much better than Watson, McBean has not stated he wants a pocket passer, he said you need to be able to stand in the pocket and make passes.    Jackson has made improvements year after year in passing from the pocket.   I for one am in hopes that Jackson is our QB but not at 12.   If we don't get Jackson then I am happy with Rudolf at 22.

Hatzel, I see your scenario playing out too. I can see them trying to move up from 22 if Edwards is still there at 12. They'll move to get Edwards and Jackson. They'll move from 22 to 13/14 to get Jackson. Have to get before Arizona

5 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I doubt the Bills draft Jackson.  He was not invited to One Bills Drive.  The shun seems to indicates that Beane and McDermott have no interest in Jackson. 

Or they know enough from other visits they felt comfortable not bringing him in on an official visit. Or the official visit just never leaked. It's smokescreen season.

3 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

If this is accurate and Trumaine Edmunds is available then that’s who I hope that’s who the Bills take with the #12 pick.

The amount of people on this board who seem to be okay with watching Nathan Peterman or AJ McCarron for 16 games is truly astounding to me. There is one major goal in this draft. Get a quarterback. You have 5 picks in the first 65 and 6 in the first 96. Get. Your. Guy. Enough of this "what about next year's QB class" crap.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

I doubt the Bills draft Jackson.  He was not invited to One Bills Drive.  The shun seems to indicates that Beane and McDermott have no interest in Jackson. 

Bingo! Nobody is giving the keys to the kingdom to a kid they’ve never met. And...for those who think that might be a smokescreen...really? Is there a land rush of other teams sprinting to the podium for Lamar Jackson? Again...really?

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's like not even having a pick at 12, that's how sure I am that Lamar is a bust.

Wish I could save this to rub your nose in later