How many Franchise quarterbacks with come from this draft?

Hebert19

'Franchise QBs'  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How many Franchise qbs come from this draft

• 4 or more
    • 1 or less

Btw franchise means long term starter with multiple pro bowls for the same of this poll.

I say 2...And that's it.  I from the big 4 or 5 depending who you ask and one from later in draft like lauretta or Rudolph.  

Just because there are a lot of quarterbacks doesn't mean they are franchise. 

Edited by Hebert19

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Btw franchise means long term starter with multiple pro bowls for the same of this poll.

I say 2...And that's it.  I from the big 4 or 5 depending who you ask and one from later in draft like lauretta or Rudolph.  

Just because there are a lot of quarterbacks doesn't mean they are franchise. 

Rosen, and either Darnold or Mayfield. That's about it IMO at least.

I think there will be at least four. 

I believe 3 of the top 5 will pan out as franchise guys. So out of Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson, three will become good and two will fail. I think Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield (unless he goes to the Jets) will become franchise guys. I also think another franchise QB will come from White, Lauletta, and Rudolph out of the second day. There may even be another sleeper from the rest of the field like Woodside or Litton that becomes a franchise guy as well.  

I am predicting a 60% success rate in round 1, 30 % in round 2, 12.5% success rate for the rest of the prospects. 

2004 produced 3 (Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben) and 2012 somewhat anonymously produced 3 (Luck- when healthy, Wilson, and Cousins). And then 2004’s Schaub was similar to 2012’s Tannehill in that both haven’t/didn’t become franchise QB’s but still experienced some success. So there’s a precedent for 3 franchise guys and one other still reasonably success QB. Shoot, by that standard 1983 produced 3 franchise QB’s (Elway, Kelly, and Marino) with Ken O’Brien as that class’ Schaub/Tannehill.

I’ll say that’s what this class produces, too, with placement still critical in determining who emerges and who underwhelms/disappoints.

Edited by Midwest1981

3 hours ago, billspro said:

I think there will be at least four. 

I believe 3 of the top 5 will pan out as franchise guys. So out of Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson, three will become good and two will fail. I think Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield (unless he goes to the Jets) will become franchise guys. I also think another franchise QB will come from White, Lauletta, and Rudolph out of the second day. There may even be another sleeper from the rest of the field like Woodside or Litton that becomes a franchise guy as well.  

I am predicting a 60% success rate in round 1, 30 % in round 2, 12.5% success rate for the rest of the prospects. 

Nice post and good point. I go back and forth between three and four, but not all of the big four. I have a good feeling (guess) about Mayfield. Rosen if he stays healthy, but that's a big if. 

It's all guesswork but yours is thoughtful and smart.

• Like (+1) 1