Would you use Shady as trade bait?

41 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Players leave, players get older.  We've already lost two OL that started for the 2017 team, and no longer have depth at OLT.

Getting any 1st round pick for a running back Shady's age is an absolute steal.  

I'd rather have Foles though - not a big AJ believer myself.

understood but there is no way you're getting a 1st round pick for McCoy. Plus he's our best offensive player...

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Before you all get your panties & jock straps twisted into a knot... I heard a rumor here in Philly that Howie Rosemen really want Shady back. He has 6 RB's on the roster, & he's trying to clear at least 3 off. If this is true, Makes sense for the Eagles... they had alot of RB's last year during they're SB run. Plus Howie has been trying to get Shady back since he got back into his GM role.

The 32nd picked for Shady is what I heard. 

If they offered that to Beane on draft day, would you be mad if he'd did it???

Me personally, I wouldn't...Shady is a great back, & will most likely go to the Hall of Fame, he's in great shape, & looks to play the next 3 years at a high level. He's one of those guy's I believe deserves a ring, kinda like Phillip Rivers, Jim Kelly, ect... I know, HE'S OUR ENTIRE OFFENSE! But, even if we draft a QB, we won't be competing consistently on a serious level until 2-3 more years.

Our O-line took a huge unexpected hit, Shady might be in for the worst season of his career... if we get the 32nd pick, we could take Darius Guice, & let him our Rookie QB, possibly DJ Chark in the 2nd grow together. Granted this might not even happen cause again Shady is great, & it's hard to replace greatness, but I feel like it's deserved for the player, plus it will help our cap more come next year.

Thought?

My thought is that you should, (A): at least read the TSW first page before posting a thread to see if there is another thread similar to yours.  If so, just post in that thread.  (B):  if you did (A) and saw a similar thread, yet still decided to make another thread about the same subject, then delete your account.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

My thought is that you should, (A): at least read the TSW first page before posting a thread to see if there is another thread similar to yours.  If so, just post in that thread.  (B):  if you did (A) and saw a similar thread, yet still decided to make another thread about the same subject, then delete your account.  

That's why we have this:

2copmrq.jpg

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If we got good value for him, I wouldn't mind moving him at all.

By the time the QB we are about to draft is good and surrounded by a winning team, Shady won't be part of the picture here anyway.

Exactly my point. So why is @NewEra confused? ?

2 hours ago, nucci said:

We were a winning team last year that made the playoffs

That's bringing back 20 out of 63 players from that playoffs team

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

understood but there is no way you're getting a 1st round pick for McCoy. Plus he's our best offensive player...

If your a team like the Eagles, & the GM values him alot, then why not? The 32nd pick is pretty much the top of the 2nd rd anyway. Most team don't really value that pick, & trade it away most years. It's not like it's the 20th pick in the 1st rd... Beane got a 3rd for Tyrod... when a team is really interested then they will pay.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's why we have this:

2copmrq.jpg

Nobody uses the search button... plus my point wasn't just to make a "trade Shady" it was to bring to light something I've heard here in philly. Then I added my opinion to it at the bottom of my post. I don't know what the other thread was talking about... but this is something that I wanted to bring to Bills fans... get there thoughts on a specific scenario involving the 32nd pick.... not some opinionated packed trade someone came up with.

This is a trade that could realistically happen come Thursday night. It could be just talk, it could be so tight lipped, NFL Network don't even know about it. It shouldn't be dismissed or added to a hypothetical thread of someone imagination that's running wild. 

It's just talk... smh

I don’t understand the desire on the one hand to pay any cost to get a young “franchise quarterback”, and then make sure he goes to a franchise where he has no offense around him to succeed???

Does anyone think Peterman will ever be the same after his little outing last season?  Why would you strip our new QB of the only damn weapon on the offense with him? Nothing like getting crushed every Sunday to instill confidence in your budding new QB and help his development along.

For God’s sake use your heads and think about the big picture for a moment.  Get rid of Shady to save cap room?  We are going to have over $100MM in cap space next year, so now we get rid of Shady and we’ll have $105MM? Really?  Come on think about it... 

We need to put a team around whoever our new QB is that gives him a chance to succeed.  We have a suspect O line, no wide receivers, and now you want to take Shady away from him, because you think we can just draft a rookie RB that will come in and be just as good as Shady?  I think you guys underestimate just how good Shady is.

Listen guys, it’s not just picking the right QB in this draft that is the key to the Bill’s success, it’s just as important to give him the best chance to develop and be successful. It makes no sense to mortgage our franchise’s future to draft a young QB and them throw him to the wolves...

8 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

If your a team like the Eagles, & the GM values him alot, then why not? The 32nd pick is pretty much the top of the 2nd rd anyway. Most team don't really value that pick, & trade it away most years. It's not like it's the 20th pick in the 1st rd... Beane got a 3rd for Tyrod... when a team is really interested then they will pay.

Nobody uses the search button... plus my point wasn't just to make a "trade Shady" it was to bring to light something I've heard here in philly. Then I added my opinion to it at the bottom of my post. I don't know what the other thread was talking about... but this is something that I wanted to bring to Bills fans... get there thoughts on a specific scenario involving the 32nd pick.... not some opinionated packed trade someone came up with.

This is a trade that could realistically happen come Thursday night. It could be just talk, it could be so tight lipped, NFL Network don't even know about it. It shouldn't be dismissed or added to a hypothetical thread of someone imagination that's running wild. 

It's just talk... smh

False!

On 4/20/2018 at 5:45 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY THREAD! I was not suggesting to use Shady for trade bait! Smh

?????????

On 4/20/2018 at 5:45 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.

This is exactly why nobody uses the search button! Cause the topics in other threads are different. 

#Comprehend 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

5 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY THREAD! I was not suggesting to use Shady for trade bait! Smh

?????????

This is exactly why nobody uses the search button! Cause the topics in other threads are different. 

#Comprehend 

Trade Shady for one reason or another.  Close enough and beyond that they aren't going to trade him.  Your thread wasn't so special that it warranted an entirely new in-depth discussion.  It was clutter. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No worries Scorp83, it’s all good. I liked your thread.  I think the site moderators have combined the different Shady topics into a single thread now.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, bills in oregon said:

I would strongly consider it. he turns 30 this year and what do you hope to achieve with him on the roster? I really like him but I think we could use him to get more picks. this RB class is also deep. 

If your goal is to have the first overall pick next year then go ahead  and trade him !!!