Would you use Shady as trade bait?

Just now, DefenseWins said:

I've said this before in another thread...

If the NYG wanted him in order to make the trade to #2 and it saves us some serious draft currency I believe you make that deal...

I have loved watching him play for the Bills but he is turning 30yrs old and this will be his 10th season. And this could be his last opportunity to get to the SuperBowl.

I assume it also saves us around 6 million cap dollars (his base salary)...

They wouldn't when they can draft Barkley on a rookie deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Question was would you? Not do u think he has value.. If u think he doesn't have value, but an NFL GM thinks he might, why would u say no? Get something while u can if somebody is gonna pay. 

(I'm not saying he does or does not have value, but if he is a piece to land our franchise qb then why not do it)

If you could get a 2nd round pick for him, I’d trade him in an instant, but he is likely worth at best a 4th or 5th, and for that price I’d rather keep him.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

If you could get a 2nd round pick for him, I’d trade him in an instant, but he is likely worth at best a 4th or 5th, and for that price I’d rather keep him.

Agree, the only way I am saying to trade him, is if he is involved in a package to move up to draft our qb, this is what I was trying to say in previous comments

30+ year old backs get cut not traded. They have no value because no one knows what production they will generate. Shady could be All-pro or drop below 700 yards. He has been mostly healthy and he has good combination of speed and size - neither elite in either but very good in both.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Very. They wouldn't want that contract. 

He’s not asking if they’d do it. He’s asking if they’d take it if you say yes or no. If you’d say no you’re nuts. 

I love the shade man as much as the next guy but c’mon. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Are you in his head to clarify?  No. 

No, but I get the premise of the thread which has obviously escaped you. 

Why post in a thread to intentionally miss the point?

Edited by Bobby Hooks

From a salary cap perspective it would make sense.  He's on the wrong side of 30 and this roster is a mess.  Shady will be 32-33 which is ancient by RB standards by the time this roster is possibly ready to compete for anything.  On the other hand if we have no O-line, no RB, and no WRs it will be tough to figure out what we have in whatever QB we draft.  

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

So if someone offered a ridiculous amount for Shady you say no, yeah you’d make an excellent GM. 

I don't make any serious considerations for something beyond the realm of any possibility.  If you're into that, be my guest. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't make any serious considerations for something beyond the realm of any possibility.  If you're into that, be my guest. 

You’re the one continuously posting in a thread where that’s the exact premise. So I guess you’re into it too. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks