Checking the forum every chance I get

Shaw66

NFL QB draft hype/conjecture/rumors etc are off the chain this year like no other in my long time tenure as a Bills fan.....Every board I read/lurk in has a "when will the draft get here Finally"  angst gnashing of teeth thread LOL and Yes even torture has been used as an adjective hahahaaa sad but true mateys. THIS TOO SHALL PASS TAKE HEART 6 more days.....taptaptaptaptaptaptap.......SMH Go Clock GO~...Muppy~

2 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hello all, been watching and waiting for this draft in what feels like forever. I have no clue who I want the Jets to take, each one has their good and bad traits. Who do the majority of Bill's fans want? 

All this talk of Mayfield to the Jets makes me think Rosen is the one we are after.

Everyone is split, probably just like Jets fans are. I would say there is a large Rosen contingency. Most don't talk about Darnold because they don't think he will be available. There are a bunch wanting Mayfield as well.

Allen and Jackson have their followers, but I would say there is a greater number of people who don't think those two would be a good choice.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just hope we aren't disappointed.

Like a bunch of people talking up a movie and how great and exciting its going to be and then you watch it and it doesn't live up to all the hype

Like The Last Jedi? God, that movie pissed me off. :lol:

So, I know what you mean...that’s why I keep trying to prepare myself so I’m not let down too much.

Edited by JaCrispy

I must admit, even I have been coming here everyday just checking in; more so than in any other Bills epoch... welllll, ok during the whole Mario signing I was here 24/7.. LOL

As to bleedinggreen, I think both the Jets and Bills covet the same plan A and plan B QB's..  Of course Jets will get their plan A/B first, and Beane will get his plan B QB and make it out to look like this was the guy all along.. LOL

I dunno, if the guy they really want is not to be had because of price, then I'm ok with a later signing, maybe Rudolph, or even later rounds and let AJ, NP and the rook compete.  Who knows we could strike gold (Wishful Russell Wilson type gold), but I am certainmly NOT in the camp that says trade all of our capital for a guy that NO ONE knows will be that guy for the next 10 - 15 years.. We JUST DO NOT KNOW, and this team needs more than just a QB..

Tim-

42 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Like The Last Jedi? God, that movie pissed me off. :lol:

So, I know what you mean...that’s why I keep trying to prepare myself so I’m not let down too much.

I feel like Solo is really going to lead the Star Wars disappointments. The trailer already pisses me off.

I think we are all going to let down if they don't make a move for a QB.  We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds which is CRAZY.  I mean we could totally get 6 starters and reshape the LB, OL and WR positions.  BUT..... I would give it all away for the #1 pick.  That's how bad I want to see a 15 year franchise QB selected.   

I think we are all cashing in on long held emotional investments with this team. We've broken the slump and are on the verge of landing our first true franchise QB since Jim Kelly. Now we have the pressure of deciding which QB is worth the price of trading up. 

I come here a couple times of day myself, and I am a Chiefs fan.  I signed up to see what Bills fans have had to say about the trade last year, and to see what your thoughts about this draft coming up are, especially as this is the culmination of last years trade down, and other moves to get to this point and select your guy.  Since joining I've also submitted my arm chair GM thoughts and participated in some other threads etc.  I've come to really enjoy this forum a lot.  This is, overall, a really good group of fans to interact with.  MOST of the people here are rational in their thought processes and speak (type) intelligently.    Way more fun here than the Chiefs groups I am in.......tons of "we should see if the Bears will trade us their first round pick for Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West, or is that too much to offer them?"  threads.  (Ware and West are both backup RB's who were nobodies to begin with and now coming off injuries)  ....and those threads actually have people participate in serious discussions about that.  It sucks.  

I will troll some about Mahomes (he is going to be freaking awesome!) but I genuinely hope you all get the QB you want and deserve.  I will keep following the Bills into the future if they take a QB just to see how it goes.  I've kind of become attached and invested in all of this....Fun times.  

15 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I come here a couple times of day myself, and I am a Chiefs fan.  I signed up to see what Bills fans have had to say about the trade last year, and to see what your thoughts about this draft coming up are, especially as this is the culmination of last years trade down, and other moves to get to this point and select your guy.  Since joining I've also submitted my arm chair GM thoughts and participated in some other threads etc.  I've come to really enjoy this forum a lot.  This is, overall, a really good group of fans to interact with.  MOST of the people here are rational in their thought processes and speak (type) intelligently.    Way more fun here than the Chiefs groups I am in.......tons of "we should see if the Bears will trade us their first round pick for Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West, or is that too much to offer them?"  threads.  (Ware and West are both backup RB's who were nobodies to begin with and now coming off injuries)  ....and those threads actually have people participate in serious discussions about that.  It sucks.  

I will troll some about Mahomes (he is going to be freaking awesome!) but I genuinely hope you all get the QB you want and deserve.  I will keep following the Bills into the future if they take a QB just to see how it goes.  I've kind of become attached and invested in all of this....Fun times.  

We have lots of Bills Fans that live in KC   

On the one hand, I'm beyond ready for the draft to get here. The anticipation is killing me.

On the other hand, the buildup and the anticipation are the best parts! Once the draft ends, it's a loooong two and a half months until football starts. And the feeling when the draft ends, ESPECIALLY if you don't get the gifts you were hoping for...is quite similar to the post Christmas letdown. Post-draft depression. PDP. I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm gonna soak up this next week of what has been the most fun, interesting, frustrating, terrifying draft season I can remember. The waiting is the best part.

I am obsessed with this draft. It is terrible. I see it as I am not used to having so much to lose. 

Other drafts have just been fun for me really. I just had to see which cornerback back they took and then pick a dark horse from the rest of the guys we drafted and root for him to be a steal, and be happy.

This year we have a big chance to not be grouped with the worst teams in sports any more. No more.  We have a chance that, for me, I didn't waste my life rooting for this team that didn't care as much as I did for almost that whole time. 

What makes it bad for me is that I think Beane has an extremely difficult task. Extremely difficult and to get it right he has to be both lucky and a near genius.

He has to pick the right quarterback and then somehow keep him safe and learning on a team that at present has a decimated line, perhaps the worst in football, and a stripped down depleted roster in general.

He needs linemen very badly and yet he will probably have to spend a bundle to get his QB. And he has a defensive coach who will probably be clamoring for a linebacker, and he can't kill him to shut him up.

You put a young QB behind a bad line and psychology aside, they can take a beating that will compromise their athletic ability for the rest of the lives. That's the truth. People ignore it. It isn't just about being brave and tough, your bones and cartilage get damaged permanently.

Put another way one QB gets hit hard twice a game. Another gets hit hard 5 times per game. So one guy gets hit hard 32 times in a season the other guy gets hit hard 80 times.

80 times a 300 pound punisher of solid muscle bashes you to the ground and lands on you.

Someone will will say oh no he wont get sacked that many times. I know that. I am saying hit. Got the ball away but got hit can happen 80 or more times easy if you have bad protection.

That eats at me, and I have no idea how Beane will get out of that circumstance. So for me this isn't just a matter of if we can get a good QB and who will it be. It is more complicated and harder even than that.

So I check all day long, even though that does nothing at all about it :D

Today I got my hair cut. Which always relaxes me I don't know why but being in the barbers chair is one of my most relaxing times in life. Today it was amazing! I told my barber this was the most relaxed I have been in at least 3 weeks and I told her why. I said usually I just enjoy it but today it is like therapy. She made a joke saying by next Thursday I might have just an 1/8 of hair left. (from getting daily haircuts)

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

Here I thought you were jeffismagic in disguise.

Any doctors on this thread?  Any idea if this disorder / disease will be cured once the Bills select their QB in round 1 of the 2018 NFL Draft? Will it still be contagious through the signing of undrafted free agents and through June 1 cuts.  Surely there will be a vaccine before rookie mini camp, right?

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'll admit it:  I have draft fever, bad.   I'm coming here every day, every night, looking for news.   Any trades?   Any credible rumors?  Did McBeane say anything?  Are the Browns on the clock yet?   Did Belichick fart in his sleep?

I can't help myself.   I bite on almost anything.

GIVE ME SOME NEWS!!!!

Will the draft EVER get here?   

Not here yet?

How about now?   Still no?

This is agony.  

Shaw, I hate to see you like this.

why don't you just post your telephone number here in this thread and we'll call you when something is up?

TSW Members please do not abuse Shaw's number and his easy availability to chat when it's posted.  It is to be used only for news purposes and not rides to the airport.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

16 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I'm the same way man lol

Every night I log on hoping to see a thread starting with the words "BREAKING" 

6 more days man....

Watch out... I'm pretty sure that's how Dunkirk Don would start his threads.