Question about draft guest that was on Schopp & Bulldog

I was listening to Schopp&Bulldog the other day and they mentioned some draft person they had on said the Bills and Giants already have a deal in place to move up to 2.

I wanna go back and listen to but I forgot who they said the guest was.

Anyone know? 

Edited by Klaista2k

Tony Pauline. He runs draftinsider.net. He's been doing scouting stuff for years, he's pretty good. He kinda flies under the radar compared to other draft guys but he knows his stuff. Not sure how legit his sources are but we've heard for a while now that there's an "in principle" deal between the Bills and Giants. And there probably is...these guys talk more and more as the draft gets closer so they can say, "OK, if our guy is available at your spot, this is what we're prepared to give you." 

As I mentioned in a separate thread, he says it, but then couches things to cover his bases. It's a win-win for him with no downside. He nails it if we trade and no one can call him on it if we don't because he said variables need to fall into place. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

As I mentioned in a separate thread, he says it, but then couches things to cover his bases. It's a win-win for him with no downside. He nails it if we trade and no one can call him on it if we don't because he said variables need to fall into place. 

To be fair, he can’t guarantee anything since he’s not making the trade.

• Haha (+1) 1

How do I become one of these draft experts.   Nobody has ever heard of me, either...............And, I can come up with all kinds of different scenarios every day - one of which is bound to come through. 

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Tony Pauline. He runs draftinsider.net. He's been doing scouting stuff for years, he's pretty good. He kinda flies under the radar compared to other draft guys but he knows his stuff. Not sure how legit his sources are but we've heard for a while now that there's an "in principle" deal between the Bills and Giants. And there probably is...these guys talk more and more as the draft gets closer so they can say, "OK, if our guy is available at your spot, this is what we're prepared to give you." 

Thanks for the info on Pauline.

Meaning no offense to him and to his sources, but the most reliable call on the draft I've heard came from our new QB, AJ McCarron.

He said something to the effect: "No one can predict what will happen in the draft.  And if anyone says they can, they're lying to you, I promise you that"

Most honest thing I've heard from OBD for months. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, bbb said:

How do I become one of these draft experts.   Nobody has ever heard of me, either...............And, I can come up with all kinds of different scenarios every day - one of which is bound to come through. 

At a racetrack, they are called "touts".

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meaning no offense to him and to his sources, but the most reliable call on the draft I've heard came from our new QB, AJ McCarron.

He said something to the effect: "No one can predict what will happen in the draft.  And if anyone says they can, they're lying to you, I promise you that"

Oh, for sure. All these GMs throwing around false information, leaking different things, etc. It's all a game. They try to visualize every sort of scenario to be as prepared as they can but at the end of the day they won't have a clue until the first domino falls. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yep. Kid is pretty neat-o. I read the quote and filed it in my back pocket for fun. Smart Kid.