Peter Schrager: somehow, some way, Sam Darnold is a Buffalo Bill

12 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Cleveland. Allen

Giants.  Barkley

Jets.  Rosen

Cleveland. Chubb

Buffalo via trade. Darnold 

The Jets are not drafting Rosen. The Jets owner is a friend of Trump, Trump named him the ambassador to Ireland, and Rosen once wore a hat that said "@#$! Trump".

The Jets will be drafting either Darnold or Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Allen can NOT be a plan B!!! He’s the worst damn QB in this entire draft. 

First, I think "worst QB in the draft" is an overstatement. "Worst of the big four" is one thing, but worst in the whole draft? C'mon, man.

Second, I'm not saying what I would do (I don't like Allen), I'm saying what I feel the Bills would do. 

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I  tolerated 45 min of Cavs talk to give you this tidbit from Dustin Fox’s show. So you better appreciate it. lol. He said wrt to his tweet about Browns and Mayfield/Allen... he talked to two people with connections to the Browns (who do not know each other) and they both gave them those two names. He said he believes Allen is the pick.

mayfield is the alternate if they trade out of 1 and Allen is gone when they pick. 

Btw I haven’t looked at the Tyrod thread but the Browns are really parading him around as the QB ... it’s nothing like how the Bills are presenting AJ. Fwiw

they are totally setting it up as the guy they draft is some developmental guy.

could be smoke to make other teams believe they're set at QB and may not draft one in the first round?

whadda, whadda, whadda you say?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

could be smoke to make other teams believe they're set at QB and may not draft one in the first round?

whadda, whadda, whadda you say?

Hue Jackson all but said the 1st pick is a QB. They aren't trying to convince people they aren't taking a QB.

I think we get to pick No. 4, and RJ White on CBS Sports thinks it will only cost No. 12, No. 96, and next years 1st. No way the Browns will able to afford the fifth year option on two top 10 picks at premium positions. The option cost on No. 12 is a different story.

Courtesy of ProFootballRumors.com
image.thumb.png.c5a88042e44ed426e4962fce5e981be9.png

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

interceptions and fumbles don't bother anybody?  how about the wonky throwing motion and poor footwork in the pocket?  not worth trading all of those extra picks over someone like Rosen.  would be a very poor decision based on where we are picking in this draft.  if we were picking #1 and we had our choice then fine you can talk yourself into him maybe but the extra picks make it not worth it value-wise.  Rosen is the best QB in the draft and he will be available at 5

Why is Rosen more and more the one of the "big 4" to most likely fall?

3 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

I think we get to pick No. 4, and RJ White on CBS Sports thinks it will only cost No. 12, No. 96, and next years 1st. No way the Browns will able to afford the fifth year option on two top 10 picks at premium positions. The option cost on No. 12 is a different story.

Courtesy of ProFootballRumors.com
image.thumb.png.c5a88042e44ed426e4962fce5e981be9.png

Your dreaming if that all you think your giving up to move from 12 to 4, I I could see 12, 22, and next years 1  ...

this is what i fear.  at that point it is my own personal bias but there is no way anyone could convince me that Darnold is so much better than Rosen that you would give up potentially an extra 1st and 2nd rounder for him.  that's obscene.

BTW, I agree with this.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Why is Rosen more and more the one of the "big 4" to most likely fall?

Front office guys and scouts thinking they are psychologists rather than just a bunch of dumb former jocks. Aaron Rodgers fell for similar reasons. You can't predict the future and you can't get inside someone's mind so drafting someone based on what could happen is silly.

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Your dreaming if that all you think your giving up to move from 12 to 4, I I could see 12, 22, and next years 1  ...

12, 22, and next years 1st is what I would pay to get to 2 overall. Taking on 12 and 22 this years in addition to one puts Cleveland in the same boat as staying at 1 and 4, that fifth year option money is going to hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

Lol what? The Browns are a mess. These 2 players are TOTAL OPPOSITES. How can you be deciding between 2 completely different players?

Josh Allen:

Tall, big hands, poor college stats

Baker Mayfield:

Short, small hands, amazing college stats

What do they value? How can they be zeroing in on polar opposites? If they value big strong players then that imediately disqualified Mayfield. If they value completion percentage then Allen is off the board. This is bizarre even for Cleveland

I don't buy that rumor.  Makes no sense.  If it is true they should trade that pick.