Peter Schrager: somehow, some way, Sam Darnold is a Buffalo Bill

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I really believe this is gonna be a draft that puts out more then 3 starting NFL qbs when it is all said and done.

I agree, but I think Darnold more probable to be the best so he's the one I want most.

• Like (+1) 2

interceptions and fumbles don't bother anybody?  how about the wonky throwing motion and poor footwork in the pocket?  not worth trading all of those extra picks over someone like Rosen.  would be a very poor decision based on where we are picking in this draft.  if we were picking #1 and we had our choice then fine you can talk yourself into him maybe but the extra picks make it not worth it value-wise.  Rosen is the best QB in the draft and he will be available at 5

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

interceptions and fumbles don't bother anybody?  how about the wonky throwing motion and poor footwork in the pocket?  not worth trading all of those extra picks over someone like Rosen.  would be a very poor decision based on where we are picking in this draft.  if we were picking #1 and we had our choice then fine you can talk yourself into him maybe but the extra picks make it not worth it value-wise.  Rosen is the best QB in the draft and he will be available at 5

Im wondering what it is actually gonna take to get to 5 realistically.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Did he have any specific details?

No, he said "I'm not sure if it will be because Darnold slips or if the Bills move up, but I believe he will be a Bill come Thursday night". Keep in mind that it was a "prediction" segment.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think when its all said and done Rosen will be the best.

His accuracy and ability to process defenses is top rate

I seem to be one of the few here who like all the top four, so I won't be disappointed if we end up with any one of them.  I will be irritated if we pass on Darnold should he be available.  I worry about Rosen's durability.  I prize Darnold's creativity under pressure, but one can certainly argue plausibly that Rosen has potential to be the best.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh no doubt....I am just wondering the actual cost.

It sure would be nice if we could keep all our picks past the 1st round.  We gotta put a OL around the kid and give him someone to throw to as well.

to get to 5 will probably be 12, 22, maybe 65.

to get to 2 will probably be 12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 1st

not to mention ROSEN > Darnold no matter what the cost in my eyes.  with all of those extra picks to get Darnold it's definitely not worth it

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/27/play-nfl-draft-pick-trade-simulator-calculator-darnold-rosen-allen-value-jimmy-johnson-chart/

Edited by kdiggz

Here is one thing I DO Believe: Darnold is #1 on the Bills' board and has been for a long time.

I also believe that the reason the Bills and Giants are waiting to pull the trigger on a trade is that they're waiting to see what the Browns do at 1. If the Browns take Allen, the Bills will trade up to 2 and take Darnold. If the Browns take Darnold at 1, the Bills move on to plan B, which likely involves trading up to the 4-6 range for Rosen or Allen.

I think Darnold screams "Bills DNA" (whatever that means), and they'll do everything they can to get him if possible.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2