Peter Schrager: somehow, some way, Sam Darnold is a Buffalo Bill

Schrager said this morning that he basically makes his predictions based solely on having his ear to the ground and talking to league sources.

Soon after he mentions that, he lays out a blueprint for Buffalo to trade up to #2 for Darnold.

#12, #22 & #56 to the Colts 

THEN

#6 & next year's 1st to the Giants.

Personally, I think it'll take another pick, but looks like a solid blueprint.

He then went on to talk about the relationship Beane already has with Ballard and Gettleman... making it almost sound like this is already in the works.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How much thinner in talent are we than last year, when we made the playoffs for the first time in 18 years? Yeah, we could obviously improve on talent, but our talent last year made the playoffs.

Yes, we had some losses. Incognito is a loss, he's also a headache.

Wood was a loss, but rumblings are that Groy will be an upgrade.

Tolbert was an addition by subtraction. Thank God his reps can go to someone who can actually gain positive yardage as an RB, whether that's Cadet or whoever.

TEs are the same.

WRs will be better with a healthy Benjamin, Jones hopefully making big strides after his rookie yips, and young guys like Reilly, Streater and Dupree who I'm excited to see get a shot.

Tackles are the same guys we had last year.

DLs are better with Star in the mix.

DEs are the same.

We need an MLB. Biggest need next to QB. Still not nearly as important.

CBs look about the same as last year, maybe better.

Safeties, last time I checked, are still Hyde and Poyer. We're good there.

Where are all these holes people are talking about that seem to be all over the place and sinking us into being one of the worst teams in the league?

Right now, we look like virtually the same team as last year with 3 huge question marks:

Franchise QB.

Guard/Center 

MLB

If you could choose to have the #1 or #2 player in this draft at only one of those positions but, at best, the 4th or 5th best player from the other 2, which position do you choose?

Some of you act like we can't still get other good players if we traded up for a QB.

Folks, we have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 1 5th, and 1 6th round pick. And if we traded away next year's 1st, we can counterbalance that with having tons of Cap space and a promising young Franchise QB, whether Darnold or Rosen or Mayfield (all 3 of whom we'll have to trade up for, anyway), to lure Free Agents in.

We're fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnneee :thumbsup:

Don't forget about Kerley, he is a huge upgrade in the slot over what we had last year,

On April 22, 2018 at 12:33 AM, PIZ said:

We probably would have been better off sanity wise, if we went back to the times of getting our draft info from Bills magazine, Shout! magazine, and the Buffalo Newspaper.

The quality of info. you have now is likely no better than the sources you cite then.

There's just more of it. 

As long as we don't take baker "1 read" mayfield.  Also I have never seen a qb throw to more wide open recievers than he did in college. We should draft his offensive coordinator.  

And finally when asked 4 people he wanted to go golfing with the first 2 people he said was mark wahlberg and justin timberlake. Its gonna be a no from me dawg. 

Edited by Estelle Getty

11 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

And finally when asked 4 people he wanted to go golfing with the first 2 people he said was mark wahlberg and justin timberlake. Its gonna be a no from me dawg. 

Sounds like a riot on the links to me, Marky Mark and the guy who helped pen "Dick in a box". Good Times !!!

Edited by ddaryl

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

JT’s best work by far. Should have performed it at the SB.

He performed it live once that i know of at a NYC show cause the video was on you tube... Can you imagine Dick in a Box LIVE... Personally not much of a Timberlake fan regarding music but that would be fun to see.

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Don't forget about Kerley, he is a huge upgrade in the slot over what we had last year,

True... but I'm personally hoping to see Streater/Dupri/Reilly make the team and make an impact because of huge strides.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think the Giants are holding out for Beane to put everything on the table.  3 1st round picks, 3 picks between 53-65.  Beane is waiting to see who it's for before he lays out his cards.

I think that's just a little too steep a price, but I won't hate it if they do it.  I think #53, #65 and all 3 of our 1sts would be fair. If we need to add another pick, do #53, #65 and #95.  Keep that other 2nd round pick.

That gets a little expensive at that point.  But if your QB is there that you absolutely want, do it.