Peter Schrager: somehow, some way, Sam Darnold is a Buffalo Bill

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

I think we get to pick No. 4, and RJ White on CBS Sports thinks it will only cost No. 12, No. 96, and next years 1st. No way the Browns will able to afford the fifth year option on two top 10 picks at premium positions. The option cost on No. 12 is a different story.

Courtesy of ProFootballRumors.com
image.thumb.png.c5a88042e44ed426e4962fce5e981be9.png

I can see why #4 might be available. I fail to see why it decreases the cost.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And I'll be happy. Almost as happy as if it were Baker Mayfield.

No link, but he just said it on Good Morning Football on NFL Network. Lately I think he's been one of the more reliably dialed in guys out there. 

Take it for what it's worth, less than a week from making that pick.

I think this might set off the lamar jackson crowd

So now that there are these rumors, we are all going to start hating Sam Darnold now? Ginger USC quarterbacks never succeed! But he does believe in Jesus...how much money did his parents make last year? 

Some fans have a distinct fear of success...I guess they don't want to be let down? 

I have never been as all-in on a prospect as I am with Mayfield - I am completely convinced he’s bound for a hall of fame career - he reminds me so much of Favre.

Darnold may be a good as well, but I just can’t get excited for drafting any of these other guys with Baker an option.  And the thought of him ending up in the division is just too much...

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have never been as all-in on a prospect as I am with Mayfield - I am completely convinced he’s bound for a hall of fame career - he reminds me so much of Favre.

Darnold may be a good as well, but I just can’t get excited for drafting any of these other guys with Baker an option.  And the thought of him ending up in the division is just too much...

Don't worry.  As soon as our new franchise QB puts on his shiny new Bills cap, and grins ear to ear, it won't matter who it is....you'll start rooting for him at that moment.  Same as all of us.  Go Bills!

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You would be better off being more specific when you say something like that.

Would I?

6 hours ago, Albwan said:

I think this might set off the lamar jackson crowd

Is there a Lamar Jackson crowd?

I like Lamar Jackson, but I like Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold more and believe this team has acquired all these draft picks over the last year in order to get the QB they believe is the 1st or 2nd best QB in this draft, not the 4th best.

That said, if we stay at 12 and draft Jackson and keep the rest of our picks, I won't be unhappy even though this board will remain very divided.

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Would I?

Yes I thought so.

But maybe the trolling isn't what it used to be. Back in my day nobody would have missed the opportunity to suggest that you wished to threesome with another man present rather than an additional woman. Then general merry-making would have ensued.

But come to think of it, maybe nobody would think that would be humorous, or even unusual nowadays. Hmm. Perhaps I should have kept mum. 

Mum it is!

Carry on Sir sorry to distract you! 

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Yes I thought so.

But maybe the trolling isn't what it used to be. Back in my day nobody would have missed the opportunity to suggest that you wished to threesome with another man present rather than an additional woman. Then general merry-making would have ensued.

But come to think of it, maybe nobody would think that would be humorous, or even unusual nowadays. Hmm. Perhaps I should have kept mum. 

Mum it is!

Carry on Sir sorry to distract you! 

I almost distinguished the type of threesome, but I just kinda figured everyone would assume 2 girls with me in a room with one inflatable pool full of whip cream and another full of jello... or would assume whatever they wanted, as long as it's the dream...

...as long as it's the dream :wub:

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Why is Rosen more and more the one of the "big 4" to most likely fall?

Can't remember who, but it was someone who had sources.

But this close to the draft, sometimes the sources are smoke-screening or adrenaline- and confirmation-bias-blinded. Rosen could fall but it is nowhere as sure as people here seem to think.

Edited by Thurman#1