Draft predictions....

All these Allen predictions have me thoroughly shook...and unfortunately I've become more and more convinced that Darnold and Rosen really are a step above. I have no idea how the draft will shake out. I'm pessimistic, naturally. 

Tier 1: Darnold/Rosen

Tier 2: Mayfield

Tier 3: Allen/Jackson

Tier 4: Everyone else

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, sjjr said:

The Falcons also took Favre in the 2nd round to develop.  Relatively low risk.  Trading up for QB project like Allen would be very risky with the cost involved.

15 minutes ago, sjjr said:

19 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Yes I realize that.  Just trying to convince myself Allen will be acceptable.  Don't feel like jumping off a bridge if it happens.

If the Bills trade up to draft Allen, I'm finding the nearest bridge. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a pipe dream, but....

We are able to catch Rosen on a slide to 6 or 7, which is very possible. Then we keep 22, draft DJ Moore, then move up to the end of round 1 and take Raashan Evans 

Bang, 3 solid starters, plus the most pro ready QB in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Can't see the Giants agreeing to deal with the Jets. Ever. I'd be shocked. 

It would be a no brainer trade for the Giants and I get the thought, but it wouldn't be for Mayfield (smoke screen). Anytime you can move back 1 slot and still get still get your guy it is a good deal. I believe the Jets stay at 3 and live with the way the draft plays out. 

Mayfield is only 6ft, look at Drew Brees and Russell Wilson, they were really good prospects but fell due to height. I truly believe Mayfield has the best chance to drop, I really do. I don't think the Jets are going to take Mayfield, they want Allen. I think Darnold goes #1, Rosen slides to #5 and ends up with the Broncos. I don't believe that Rosen drops for one second, I just don't believe it. 

We trade up for Josh Rosen. It's clear we want a Day 1 starter with the way we didn't really chase any of the UFA QB's or make a trade for Foles. I'm going to give the Bills management the benefit of the doubt and say they're smart enough to realize that Josh Allen is no where near ready to start on Day 1. 

Everything they've talked about size, accuracy, intelligence, arm points to Rosen.

I wonder if it was in the weeks before the draft that Einstein realized that time is relative, because it seems to be standing still.

I’ll say Allen, the guy some people have going #1 overall,  is the guy who falls. He’s got the amazing upside, but he’s a project and I’m not sure he’s a “natural thrower of the football” (yeah, I’m talking about you, EJ!).  Get me Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield and I’m thrilled. 

Allen

Chubb

Darnold

Barkley

Rosen

Baker or Lamar

Bills

I am sticking with my same prediction. If we can get to #2 and not give up more than the trade value sheet or somehow save the round 1 pick next year than pull the trigger if there is a guy you absolutely LOVE. It would have to be a clear choice will little doubt and I would give up 3x first round picks in value.

Otherwise sit and wait for a move to pick #5 or Pick #9. 2 of the 5 QBs will slide this year to sat least pick #9 and 50% of the QBs in round 1 will be busts. Do the math. 2 will be longterm starters (Darnold and ?), one will bounce around the league and be good like a Jay Cutler and 2 will be back ups or out of the league in a 4-5 years. There will be 1-2 gems in rounds 2-4 that sit and wait behind a great QB.

I cannot predict anything until the Browns finally say who they are picking. I do not want Lamar or Baker unless we get them later in round #1 (12 or 22). I feel that after the top 3 prototypical QBs that we can wait until round 2-3 and get the same quality as Mayfield or Lamar. The differences is just waiting longer for them to develop.

I still feel that Rosen will fall to pick #5 and he his probably the logical choice, but it may be Allen? It may go Allen, then Darnold, and Rosen.

Note: I would be OK with Baker or Lamar at pick 9, but no higher. 

Only can trade up for Darnold or maybe Rosen if they love him and believe they can handle him.  If not, just sit back and get a guy to lead the defense for the future at 12 like Vanderesch or R.Smith then M.Rudolph at 22.

Should get some great value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds on OL and DL.

4 hours ago, PIZ said:

I could see Josh Allen getting to 5 and Elway take him.  His play reminds me of Elway.  As far as accuracy, look at Brett Favres college stats:

1897... 40.7.
1988... 55.8.
1989... 54.1.
1990... 54.5.

I'm warming up to the idea of Josh Allen.

What's the big difference between 80's college football and now?

8 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

What's the big difference between 80's college football and now?

A lot more running and downfield throws then.  Lower percentage throws.  A lot more QBs were below 60% then.

Today, its hard to find a good starting NFL QB that had less than a 60% completion pct in college (M.Stafford, J.Cutler, T.Taylor).  Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen will be fighting the percentages to be successful starting QBs in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

If the Bills trade up to draft Allen, I'm finding the nearest bridge. 

Have a nice swim. 

3 way with Browns , Giants , and Bill's

Bill's   - Allen

Browns - Darnold

Jets   - Rosen

Giants- Barkley

On April 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Tatonka68 said:

Trade with Broncos Trade 12+53+96 receive, 5+121

5. Josh Allen QB
22. Rashan Evans ILB
56. Frank Ragnow C
96. Anthony Miller WR
121. Kalen Ballage RB
149. Kevin Toliver II CB
166. Bredan Mahon G

187. Dorian ODaniel OLB

I dont love Allen, but sexy draft Tatonka.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, McBean said:

Draft day prediction that will shake everything up.

The New York Giants select a QB.

Is QB the coveted "hog-Mollie" Gentleman likes? Not happening. Nor is Barkley at #2. Its Chubb if they stay there

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

I could see Josh Allen getting to 5 and Elway take him.  His play reminds me of Elway.  As far as accuracy, look at Brett Favres college stats:

1897... 40.7.
1988... 55.8.
1989... 54.1.
1990... 54.5.

I'm warming up to the idea of Josh Allen.

Coming from the biggest Allen hater on here, for some weird reason I am too.

I think this waiting game is driving me insane.

• Like (+1) 1