Browns at 2

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It could happen I just don't like the move for the Browns, just let the chips fall where they may, they have a ton of picks, they'll get 2 stud players at 1 +4 , no need to move up imo. Get your QB and you will either get RB Saquan Barkley, Edge Rusher Bradley Chubb, star corner Mincah Fitzpatrick or mauling G Quentin Nelson, all of them would add an awesome presence to a team I feel is on the rise after many.many terrible years.

Yeah, but trading up you can be sure to get both the stud you want and the QB you want.    You're there, you have the draft capital to do it.   If you can do it, why not?    

If it makes sense to the Giants, it could happen.   However, if the Giants want a QB, it doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I agree.  For the sake of browns fans i hope the team starts to turn the corner.  They are right up there with the Bills for teams that just havent been able to get it going.  Hopefully we are both on the rise in the near future.

I was a Browns fan before the Bills existed.   I agree.  

But Bills first, please.  I don't have a lot of time left.  

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, but trading up you can be sure to get both the stud you want and the QB you want.    You're there, you have the draft capital to do it.   If you can do it, why not?    

If it makes sense to the Giants, it could happen.   However, if the Giants want a QB, it doesn't. 

Lol! Yes Bills first or both at the sametime.  And i agree, the Browns guarantee they get the two players they want.  Leave nothing to the draft gods.  Just something to think about it.

Edited by Skins Malone

10 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I personally think they should select Bradley Chubb at 4 if he's there, it might be a stretch with the Giants probably highly interested in him now that JPP was traded but just envision Both Myles Garrett on 1 side and Bradley Chubb on the other (or as an outside rusher), that would be a hell of a pass rush from a team a year ago couldn't stop anything. They'd still have a bit to go (secondary help) but pass rush helps mask that area quite a bit but Darnold and Barkley would also be one heck of a sick offensive tandem, they can't go wrong either way but they wouldn't have to waste any draft capital if they stay put.

15 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Im sorry whats so ridiculous about it?  And its for some fun discussion.  Relax.

Because they wouldn't need to.

There's only two teams that pick before them at #4. The Jets are 100% taking a QB. That means they only have to worry about either the Giants taking Barkley or the Giants trading back with say the Bucs or Raiders and either the Bucs or Raiders take Barkley. Well, if the Giants are willing to trade, that likely means they are not taking Barkley themselves. Possible they could still take him if they don't get a trade worked out, but seems more likely they trade with someone, probably a team looking for a QB. And as for the Bucs or Raiders, I just don't see them paying the premium to move all the way up to #2 to select a RB. That cost is going to be high because of all the QB hungry teams in this draft.

15 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I think the Browns will draft Chubb or the OG from ND at 4 even if Barkely is still there.  They can get an elite defender or OL and get a running back later.  

This scenario then allows Denver to take Barkely and would still leave one of the top 4 quarterbacks on the board at 6.

This would be the best thing the Browns could do. Browns should pair Garrett with Chubb for years to come.

16 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Not sure if this has been discussed here but what about the Browns moving up to grab the second pick.  I havent heard anyone on the sports shows discuss but i think its possible it could happen.

The browns have the most draft stock.  So they take Darnold at one...i dont think its ridiculous to think that they could then swap picks with the giants.  The Browns could then grab Darnold and the "best player" in the draft in Barkley.  The giants now get some picks and only have to move to 4.  Which means they could grab a top QB or Bradley.

I dont think it shakes out that way..but i think its certainly possible enough to warrant discussion.

What do you guys think?

Just stop...

The Barkley hype is killing me.  He was 57th out of 58 draft eligible players who were graded for yards after contact behind the line of scrimmage.  He is a very good player.  he is not a complete generation talent at RB.  The draft is deep at RB.  The Browns have plenty at RB on the roster.  The Giants could use one, but you can get good ones all over the draft.  RB= easy to find.  EDGE= not so easy to come by.  QB= hardest position in sports to find.  The browns aren't taking Barkley at 1.  The Giants are not taking Barkley at 2.  

I will buy that Giants could take Chubb at 2.  

So, let's examine the scenario....the Browns take Barkley at 1......this invites the Giants to maybe move a spot with the Jets...they could make a deal with the condition the Jets take QB "X" wich is a QB the Giants aren't interested in.  The jets take QB X.  Now the Giants are on the clock at 3.  They may still very well want QB "Y" and could easily take him here...or again, could slide one more spot to 4 with Cleveland again, with the understand that Cleveland is going to draft QB "Z".  Now the Giants are on the clock at 4 and can take QB "Y" or Chubb.  This seems like a whole lot of what ifs and hand shake understandings that certain players are selected.  ...but even worse than that...it assumes Barkley goes 1.  That is the worst part...he isn't going at 1.

Let's examine it another way....let's say Cleveland takes Allen at 1.  What would the point be?  If the Giants take Chubb and Cleveland wanted Chubb, there would be no trade.  If the Giants take Barkley and that is who Cleveland wanted...no trade...it would only make sense if the Giants again, had an understanding about which NON QB they would take, maybe you could pull it off...but there just isn't much to be gained by swapping...If you already aren't taking the same player....there is nothing to gain by swapping.

Its an extremely unlikely scenario simply because there is pratically nothing to be gained by the Browns or the teams to swap.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

The Barkley hype is killing me.  He was 57th out of 58 draft eligible players who were graded for yards after contact behind the line of scrimmage.  He is a very good player.  he is not a complete generation talent at RB.  The draft is deep at RB.  The Browns have plenty at RB on the roster.  The Giants could use one, but you can get good ones all over the draft.  RB= easy to find.  EDGE= not so easy to come by.  QB= hardest position in sports to find.  The browns aren't taking Barkley at 1.  The Giants are not taking Barkley at 2.  

I will buy that Giants could take Chubb at 2.  

So, let's examine the scenario....the Browns take Barkley at 1......this invites the Giants to maybe move a spot with the Jets...they could make a deal with the condition the Jets take QB "X" wich is a QB the Giants aren't interested in.  The jets take QB X.  Now the Giants are on the clock at 3.  They may still very well want QB "Y" and could easily take him here...or again, could slide one more spot to 4 with Cleveland again, with the understand that Cleveland is going to draft QB "Z".  Now the Giants are on the clock at 4 and can take QB "Y" or Chubb.  This seems like a whole lot of what ifs and hand shake understandings that certain players are selected.  ...but even worse than that...it assumes Barkley goes 1.  That is the worst part...he isn't going at 1.

Let's examine it another way....let's say Cleveland takes Allen at 1.  What would the point be?  If the Giants take Chubb and Cleveland wanted Chubb, there would be no trade.  If the Giants take Barkley and that is who Cleveland wanted...no trade...it would only make sense if the Giants again, had an understanding about which NON QB they would take, maybe you could pull it off...but there just isn't much to be gained by swapping...If you already aren't taking the same player....there is nothing to gain by swapping.

Its an extremely unlikely scenario simply because there is pratically nothing to be gained by the Browns or the teams to swap.

Remember its simply for fun discussion.  I agree about Barkley.  I find it odd that not one on these sport shows seem to remember Reggie Bush.  They talk like Barkley is a guarantee.  People were in awe of Reggie Bush and his NFL career was lackluster.  You could even make the same case for CJ Spiller..McFadden..and many others.  Of course they are different players but Barkley is no guarantee.  I dont think its ever worth taking a RB in the the top 5 but thats just my opinion.

If cleveland takes Allen. i could see the jets doing what the bears did last year and swapping the giants. If the giants are not gonna take a qb why wouldnt they do it? take the extra picks for the same player. The jets would cut any teams off from attempting to jump them for a qb. I really hope that doesnt happen but i think its a real possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I think the Browns will draft Chubb or the OG from ND at 4 even if Barkely is still there.  They can get an elite defender or OL and get a running back later.  

This scenario then allows Denver to take Barkely and would still leave one of the top 4 quarterbacks on the board at 6.

Cleveland's last need is a guard. They have 2 very good, highly paid guards.  It's Chubb, Barkley,  or trade down at 4.

1 minute ago, Bills365 said:

If cleveland takes Allen. i could see the jets doing what the bears did last year and swapping the giants. If the giants are not gonna take a qb why wouldnt they do it? take the extra picks for the same player. The jets would cut any teams off from attempting to jump them for a qb. I really hope that doesnt happen but i think its a real possibility.

Interesting idea.  Didnt consider that..it would give the Jets control of their own destiny.  What kind of capital would the jets need to give up to do that?

3 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

This is much more likely than the Browns coming up to 2.

20 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Not sure if this has been discussed here but what about the Browns moving up to grab the second pick.  I havent heard anyone on the sports shows discuss but i think its possible it could happen.

The browns have the most draft stock.  So they take Darnold at one...i dont think its ridiculous to think that they could then swap picks with the giants.  The Browns could then grab Darnold and the "best player" in the draft in Barkley.  The giants now get some picks and only have to move to 4.  Which means they could grab a top QB or Bradley.

I dont think it shakes out that way..but i think its certainly possible enough to warrant discussion.

What do you guys think?

Been discussed several times.   I don't think the Giants come off it for what they would get from the Browns unless Cleveland over pays.  They could get a lot more elsewhere.  I also believe if the Giants are truly willing to trade the pick will be a QB and the Jets will take a QB. So if Clev. is truly taking  a QB at 1 then there is no reason to trade.

Browns take a qb at one and they either get Chubb or Barkley at four without having to give up any capital.

Why would they do anything other than stay put? There is a real chance qb’s go 1,2,3 so they still would have their pick at four. If the browns end up with their qb and Chubb at four because Barkley is gone they still won this draft. Chubb is a monster. 

48 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Interesting idea.  Didnt consider that..it would give the Jets control of their own destiny.  What kind of capital would the jets need to give up to do that?

Well the bears gave up a 3rd and 4th last year and a 3rd this year for that same move. I would expect the price to be even higher this year with all the qbs.But that price is quite affordable being that all the qbs minus allen are on the board.  the jets to 2 then the giants trading down again to all the rest of the qb needy teams desperate now cause 2/4 are gone. They could end up with a ton of picks.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We need to organize a group to cut off all communication equipment that the Jets have on draft day.

Haha yea no kidding. Well they already gave up 3 second rd picks to move up 3 spots so whats a few 3rds to move up 1 more lol?  I dont buy the whole jets want Mayfield thing i think they want the same as the bills Rosen/Darnold. This is the draft that is gonna decide the Afc east for years to come i think.All 4 teams in the division could draft a hopeful qb of the future this year.  

I've heard some shows that have talked about what the Browns should do is trade down from 4 this year & ask in trade for another teams #1 for next year so they again have 2 picks in the first round in 2019 which makes a ton of sense !

If the Bills are going to move up & get their guy I would rather they trade 12 this yr & next yr's #1 to the Browns if that would be more enticing to them plus maybe a 3rd this yr to get up higher & keep this yr's second pick at 22 !! 

On 4/20/2018 at 9:50 AM, Dadonkadonk said:

Been saying this for weeks and weeks.

Smartest scenarios for browns and Giants are:

Browns:

#1 Barkley or Chubb (prefer Chubb actually, paired with Myles they will smash QBs)

#4 have 2 of top 4 QBs still available

Giants:

#2 Chubb or Barkley (my buddy is a Giants fan who is all in for Nelson at guard, I'm like meh)

Or

Facilitate 3 team trade with Denver and Buffalo, giving Buffalo #2, Giants #5 #22 and Denver #12 (other picks included obviously)

Then you know that the first 4 picks will have 3 QBs and 1 of Chubb/Nelson/Barkley, giving Giants their choice of the 2 remaining Chubb/Nelson/Barkley and then a RB or other BPA at #22

That's good for everybody.