Browns at 2

Not sure if this has been discussed here but what about the Browns moving up to grab the second pick.  I havent heard anyone on the sports shows discuss but i think its possible it could happen.

The browns have the most draft stock.  So they take Darnold at one...i dont think its ridiculous to think that they could then swap picks with the giants.  The Browns could then grab Darnold and the "best player" in the draft in Barkley.  The giants now get some picks and only have to move to 4.  Which means they could grab a top QB or Bradley.

I dont think it shakes out that way..but i think its certainly possible enough to warrant discussion.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Skins Malone

I guess by the standard "Anything is possible" argument it could happen, but I don't see how that could really benefit the Browns, they have needs all over the place and would be stupid to move up 2 spots and give up draft capital in the process. I certainly wouldn't move up to select a RB at #2.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jeetz1231 said:

I guess by the standard "Anything is possible" argument it could happen, but I don't see how that could really benefit the Browns, they have needs all over the place and would be stupid to move up 2 spots and give up draft capital in the process. I certainly wouldn't move up to select a RB at #2.

Neither would i.  And i dont think ot will.  But if you were the Browns GM do you think they have considered it?

Maybe it could happen 

Everyone says the Giants want Barkley, which means I guess that they don't feel like they need to solve their QB problem this year.   Okay, if that's true, that the Giants are going to slide on a QB, then the Browns have to take Barkley at 1, leaving the Giants standing at the altar without a bride.   Then the Gmen have ten minutes to make a deal with the Browns.    They've already decided they don't want a QB, so they're looking at some other position.   Anyone they see at 2 they can get at 4, I suppose, because the Jets are taking the best QB on the board.   So maybe the Giants swing a quick deal with the Browns, pick up a pick by moving back two spots and get the guy they would have taken at 2.   Or, the Giants move back to 4 and immediately call the Bills, with whom they've already had discussions, and another team or two, with whom they've already had discussions, and swing a quick deal to move back some more.   Get maybe 12 and a second round pick from the Bills.   

Could it happen?   I suppose.    But if the Giants like a QB and Barkley over the QB was a close call for them, then when the Browns take Barkley at 1, the Giants take the QB and have no interest in trading back.  

By the way, I really disagree with this "lock this thread" stuff.  

How is anyone supposed to know if the same subject is being discussed in another thread?   Unless the title to the thread makes it clear that it's about the Browns moving to 2, how do you know without reading every thread and seeing which threads have meandered into a subject different from the title?

If there are people on this thread who want to talk about the title of the thread, in my mind it's a legitimate thread that is entitled to its own life. 

Edited by Shaw66

25 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

It benefits the Browns because they could get Barkley and the QB they want.   

Right now, if they go QB at 1, they probably lose Barkley to the Giants.   If they go Barkley at 1, they probably lose the QB they want because the Jets might take him or the Giants or the Giants' trade partner might take him.   But if they take Barkley at one and then trade with the Giants because the Giants really don't want a QB that high, they are sure to get the QB they want.   The Giants don't care, because if they're taking a non-QB, they can afford to trade back to 4 without losing out on their second choice.    It could make sense for the Browns and the Giants.  

I think the Browns will draft Chubb or the OG from ND at 4 even if Barkely is still there.  They can get an elite defender or OL and get a running back later.  

This scenario then allows Denver to take Barkely and would still leave one of the top 4 quarterbacks on the board at 6.

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Maybe it could happen 

Everyone says the Giants want Barkley, which means I guess that they don't feel like they need to solve their QB problem this year.   Okay, if that's true, that the Giants are going to slide on a QB, then the Browns have to take Barkley at 1, leaving the Giants standing at the altar without a bride.   Then the Gmen have ten minutes to make a deal with the Browns.    They've already decided they don't want a QB, so they're looking at some other position.   Anyone they see at 2 they can get at 4, I suppose, because the Jets are taking the best QB on the board.   So maybe the Giants swing a quick deal with the Browns, pick up a pick by moving back two spots and get the guy they would have taken at 2.   Or, the Giants move back to 4 and immediately call the Bills, with whom they've already had discussions, and another team or two, with whom they've already had discussions, and swing a quick deal to move back some more.   Get maybe 12 and a second round pick from the Bills.   

I do think Gettleman goes with BPA at #2. Nobody is going to blow him away with an offer. 

He talked about "seeing your player in a gold jacket". There are 3 guys that project so favorably right now, and that's Chubb, Barkley and Nelson.

I can see them making a move from #34 up into the late 1st to get a QB. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I think the Browns will draft Chubb or the OG from ND at 4 even if Barkely is still there.  They can get an elite defender or OL and get a running back later.  

This scenario then allows Denver to take Barkely and would still leave one of the top 4 quarterbacks on the board at 6.

This post demonstrates how much fun, and how pointless, it is to speculate about the draft.   

Do the Giants want a QB or don't they?   Makes a big difference.

Do the Broncos want a QB or don't they?   

Is Barkely a transcendent player who must be taken ASAP (by the Giants or the Browns)?

Without knowing the answers to questions like these, everything is just guess work.   That's what makes it so tough for the Bills to decide what to do.   That's why the Bills have to have had conversations with all the teams with the top 6 picks, so that when the draft begins to unfold they can make a quick deal, if necessary. 

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I do think Gettleman goes with BPA at #2. Nobody is going to blow him away with an offer. 

He talked about "seeing your player in a gold jacket". There are 3 guys that project so favorably right now, and that's Chubb, Barkley and Nelson.

I can see them making a move from #34 up into the late 1st to get a QB. 

If that's true, then it depends if Gettleman has his heart set on only one of the three, or if he'd be with one of two or one of three.   Because if he'd be happy with any of two or three, he can trade back with the Browns, let the Browns take one of his two and get the other, together with a nice pick from the Browns.   

More likely, however, that you're right.   There's a guy he REALLY likes, and he isn't going to give the Browns an opportunity to take him.   

BUT, if the Browns take Gettleman's guy at #1, it makes sense that Gettleman would be willing to trade back to #4 with the Browns, because Gettleman knows that the Browns and Jets both will take QBs and Gettleman can pick up his second choice plus a free pick.  

47 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Not sure if this has been discussed here but what about the Browns moving up to grab the second pick.  I havent heard anyone on the sports shows discuss but i think its possible it could happen.

The browns have the most draft stock.  So they take Darnold at one...i dont think its ridiculous to think that they could then swap picks with the giants.  The Browns could then grab Darnold and the "best player" in the draft in Barkley.  The giants now get some picks and only have to move to 4.  Which means they could grab a top QB or Bradley.

I dont think it shakes out that way..but i think its certainly possible enough to warrant discussion.

What do you guys think?

They may take Barkley at 1 and Allen at 4. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Every-NFL-Draft-selection-made-by-Cleveland-Browns-John-Dorsey-112328382/Amp

There’s a list of all of John Dorsey’s draft picks. He has never spent higher than a 3rd on a RB - and he’s been very successful doing that.  He’s not picking Barkley. 

Edited by BarleyNY

48 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Aye Carumba 

Where do I begin?

You could begin by pointing out the misleading thread title.

OP...'Browns at 2' is misleading. 'Browns at 2?' is not. 'Could/Should the Browns move down to 2?' is even better.

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If that's true, then it depends if Gettleman has his heart set on only one of the three, or if he'd be with one of two or one of three.   Because if he'd be happy with any of two or three, he can trade back with the Browns, let the Browns take one of his two and get the other, together with a nice pick from the Browns.   

More likely, however, that you're right.   There's a guy he REALLY likes, and he isn't going to give the Browns an opportunity to take him.   

BUT, if the Browns take Gettleman's guy at #1, it makes sense that Gettleman would be willing to trade back to #4 with the Browns, because Gettleman knows that the Browns and Jets both will take QBs and Gettleman can pick up his second choice plus a free pick.  

There are many possible scenarios in picks 1-6... 

With a Browns trade, we could see QBs go 1-2-3-4 completely unprecedented, but it could happen. 

Here's a scenario we have not explored yet.....Barkley and Chubb going in the top #2. Browns could see the top 3 QB prospects as the same and be fine with whoever is available at #4. 

That could make for quite an interesting trade market. 

• Like (+1) 1