Pats; 5 prime time games in 7 weeks???

In the 7 weeks between Sept 23rd and Nov 4th, the Pats have 5 prime time games, and the league wonders why TV ratings are down?  I don't think you have to be a Bills fan or an AFC East fan to have a major case of Patriot's Fatigue.  I think this will backfire on the league.  I hope it does.

Enough already...

Edited by Inigo Montoya

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

No worries. The entire nation can watch the Fall of the Roman Empire now. 

If the Pats keep playing well, the NFL gets their powerhouse on prime time week after week.  If the Pats crash and burn, we get to see the gory drama play out week after week in prime time.  Either way, it's win-win for the league.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

No worries. The entire nation can watch the Fall of the Roman Empire now. 

It's like they have to squeeze every last drop out of Brady before he retires. I never seen a league favor a team quite like NE.  It will be over soon and they'll suck for years....

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

They are just trying to get the best teams and best games on as much as possible.

I am sure you don't think this schedule would be given to the Browns.

I understand that they are going to highlight the Pats and Brady and I would expect them to have more prime time games than the Browns (though personally I'm a lot more curious to see what the Browns will look like this year) but it seems a bit excessive to schedule 5 evening games in a 7 week stretch.  They are beating a dead horse.  Let me give you an example of the telecast for all 5 games;

"The forty-one year old Tom Brady drops back in the pocket to pass.  He scans the field with his forty-one year old retinas looking for an open receiver.  His knees, a combined eighty-two years of age, roll Brady out to the right side.  He finds Gronk lumbering down the middle and drills a laser of a pass with his forty-one year old rotator cuff for a touchdown, setting yet another NFL record for the most touchdowns thrown by a forty-one year old quarterback!  My God, Chris, it's unbelievable to think that Tom Brady is actually forty-one years old the way he is playing!"

"You are so right Al, and that is Brady's third throwing record for a forty-one year old quarterback this quarter, and the thing that amazes me most, and what most viewers don't realize, is that Tom Brady is actually forty-one years and 68 days old!"

Cut to commercial about the power of Copper Socks...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 9

That's what you get when you win and have a guy like Tom Brady.

I am too young to remember the super bowl years. Did the Bills get their fair share of prime time games then? Curious.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's what you get when you win and have a guy like Tom Brady.

I am too young to remember the super bowl years. Did the Bills get their fair share of prime time games then? Curious.

When I was a kid back in the 1800's there was only MNF.  It seemed that no one but the Cowboys got more than one MNF game a year.

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

When I was a kid back in the 1800's there was only MNF.  It seemed that no one but the Cowboys got more than one MNF game a year.

They didn't do Sunday night?

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's like they have to squeeze every last drop out of Brady before he retires. I never seen a league favor a team quite like NE.  It will be over soon and they'll suck for years....

not if they jump up and get Rosen in the draft!

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Winning teams get on, it was the same with the Colts when Manning was there.

Off topic: could you imagine how bad our records would have been the past 2 decades of the Colts were still in the AFC East and we had to play Brady AND Manning twice a year !! Ugh !!!

if i'm not mistaken, San Fran also has 5 primetime appearances this year as well.