Pats; 5 prime time games in 7 weeks???

7 hours ago, MJS said:

That's what you get when you win and have a guy like Tom Brady.

I am too young to remember the super bowl years. Did the Bills get their fair share of prime time games then? Curious.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I recall that during the SB years they kept having us go up against the Steelers on MNF. And no matter how good the Bills were, the Steelers had our number on Monday night. It's was freakin' maddening. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I recall that during the SB years they kept having us go up against the Steelers on MNF. And no matter how good the Bills were, the Steelers had our number on Monday night. It's was freakin' maddening. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/11/16/9746950/buffalo-bills-monday-night-football-history-all-40-and-counting-games

the last SB year and a few thereafter...

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

In the 7 weeks between Sept 23rd and Nov 4th, the Pats have 5 prime time games, and the league wonders why TV ratings are down?  I don't think you have to be a Bills fan or an AFC East fan to have a major case of Patriot's Fatigue.  I think this will backfire on the league.  I hope it does.

Enough already...

Maybe they want to chronicle THE FALL.  

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Its the Tommy and Bill good by tour.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

its the Brady farewell tour

Seems we have a theme going here

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Why do the Seahawks, who have decimated the team, get five primetime games? That is the real question.

Right!

An even better question is...How do the 49'ers, a team that went 6-10, get 5 prime time games? They play 4 of them in a span of 5 weeks.

If you have a star QB you're getting prime time games, not really sure what the problem here is? Do you think anyone is watching Tyrod taylor, Case Keenum, Josh McCown or Sam Bradford? in prime time? No, everyone wants to see Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger, Cousins on the Vikes now, Deshaun Watsons comeback, Cam Newton , Jimmy Garrapolo turn into a franchise QB. 

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

In the 7 weeks between Sept 23rd and Nov 4th, the Pats have 5 prime time games, and the league wonders why TV ratings are down?  I don't think you have to be a Bills fan or an AFC East fan to have a major case of Patriot's Fatigue.  I think this will backfire on the league.  I hope it does.

Enough already...

I love it.  I love watching great football and the Patriots put on a clinic more weeks than not.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I love it.  I love watching great football and the Patriots put on a clinic more weeks than not.

It's like people don't understand that the point of the NFL is to make money.

Ratings are what generates that money.

The NFL isn't about "spreading out coverage and prime time games to make every fan happy".

The Patriots winning draws Pats fans to watch.

The Patriots losing makes haters watch.

Either way they usually put on an entertaining game.

Even if I do hate them.

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Enough already...

I hope it backfires on the Pats! But they are probably trying to cash in on the last of Brady. 

Look at Bills vs. Pats.  The NFL will get one of three outcomes.  The Pats will crush the Bills like they normally do, which allows the announcers to gush about Brady and showcase NE.  Win for the NFL.  It will be a close-fought game that people will stay glued to, to see if Brady can pull out another clutch win...or if the upstart Bills can finally dethrone the Pats.  Also a win for the NFL.  Or, the Bills crush the Pats, and everyone that hates the Pats will get the see the skinny kid that got beat up for lunch money every day finally beat the crap out of the bully.  Again, a win.  That game, regardless of outcome, is ratings gold for the league.

Honestly, I think the NFL wants Buffalo to win that one.  It's a feelgood story, and they can work hard on the "end of a dynasty" storyline in the media.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

Actually, looking closer, this is obviously meant as a NE highlight reel.  Look at their late games...Lions, Colts, Chiefs, Bills and Packers.  Teams that were mid-pack or worse last year.  Now, lets look at some teams the NFL didn't put them up against on prime time...Jags, Vikings, Steelers...you know, the heavy hitters?  I mean hell, the storylines for NE vs. Jax and Pitt write themselves and yet...4:25 starts.

Most dominating team in the last 20 years.....reigning MVP.......this is not really earth shattering....they know their cash cow is almost dried up.....might as well squeeze the last few drops....no matter what, NE is a rating magnet....a crap load of people love them...a crap load of people hate them.....that means a crap load of people are watching.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2018 at 1:18 AM, Doc Brown said:

Here's hoping Brady and Gronk retire and the NFL is having five Brian Hoyer prime time games.

I am hoping for Dan Marino type injury so T*m Br*dy can start his career doing advertising like Dan.

Yes I am cruel to be wishing an injury (You gotta be, cruel to be kind, in the right measure) but not hoping for a Teddy Bridgewater type injury (but I will watch it before every P*ts game if it does happen)

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Most dominating team in the last 20 years.....reigning MVP.......this is not really earth shattering....they know their cash cow is almost dried up.....might as well squeeze the last few drops....no matter what, NE is a rating magnet....a crap load of people love them...a crap load of people hate them.....that means a crap load of people are watching.....

Spot on!

On 4/20/2018 at 9:43 AM, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I always cringe when I hear the Bills are in primetime.......over the years usually our worse games