Bills' 2018 Regular Season Schedule

schedule is about the absolute worst possible scenario from a personal standpoint (have a wedding in Philly the night before the home opener, looks like a nice long overnight drive that night, green bay game means I have to skip a three day golf tourney i've been part of for years)....Woe is me aside, could be a tough schedule out of the gate, and 3 December games is complete trash. They cant build a downtown dome fast enough 

11 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I think this is the first time on either board I've ever seen you use an uppercase character!

stupid phone!

11 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

I don't love it

that's fair too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

It drives me crazy, to be honest.

As soon a the schedule comes out there are people shouting from the roof tops how hard it is no matter what it looks like, regardless of things like strength of schedule metrics.

people dont shout about the "hardness" of the schedule..for me its about how does the schdule fall in terms of getting to games. I wanted to go to Packers and Ravens this year, then never miss the opener..now we have 3 of those in first 4 weeks..and living in Richmond and having a kid in school who goes to games with me me.. one of those gunna have to go..looks like the Ravens

17 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Your incessant bashing of this great fan base is odd.

it is very weird, I agree. Said last year pretty much any thread was not an official thread to Scottlaw bashed the Bills/McBeane and Promo bashed the Bills fans. Not sure of Scott has been in here yet, but we got half completed!

Edited by plenzmd1

Here's the Bills news of note for April 20th.

1 - How difficult is Buffalo’s 2018 schedule?
With the NFL’s schedule officially released yesterday, one must wonder how difficult the team’s schedule is compared to the rest of the NFL. To rank teams, the combined 2017 record of all 16 opponents and their combined winning percentages are compiled to determine schedule difficulty.

The Bills have the 18th most difficult schedule in the NFL. The Bills 2018 opponents had a combined record of 127-129, a win percentage of 49.6%. Five of the games the Bills play this season will be against teams that made the playoffs last season (Titans, Jaguars, Vikings and the Patriots twice.) Three more games will be played against teams with a winning record (Ravens, Lion and Chargers.)

In the AFC East, only the Dolphins have a schedule considered more difficult than the Bills’ – tied for 15th with the Cowboys and the 49ers. The Patriots’ schedule is ranked 22nd in the NFL, and the Jets’ schedule ranked 25th.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

This schedule? You mean the pretty average one? It's not a tough schedule.

I agree it is for a more established team but this team has a bunch of needs and is in the middle of a new start in this rebuild IMO. I think we need two off seasons to fix the roster so I am ok with this team taking some steps backwards this season to make the rebuild that much better.

I would rather keep my expectations low for this season and get presently suprised. 

I'm liking the 2018 schedule. Though, I wish the Monday Night game was a Sunday Night game just because I hate ESPN MNF coverage. Other than that 1 PM every Sunday sounds perfect to me! That being said, I think we're going to be in for a long season this year, I'm not overly optimistic about this teams chances in 2018 but than again, who thought they would make the playoff last year either?! BILLIEVE IN THE PROCESS!

Edited by cr02pica
Typo

it's not sour grapes to say i like the 1pm grading is it?

20 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Can't wait for that 2-6 start ;)

there's always hope the other teams are rancid or hurt or for some reason can't bother trying to hard every given Sunday

54 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If by incessant you mean once or twice?

And how is it bashing to point out a contradiction? You said people would come out in cold weather is the Bills were good, and yet being in playoff connection isn't good enough?

Maybe the reason is more that fans like me who are pushing 60 don't feel like freezing our asses off when the game is on TV?  All the more reason for a dome, I say.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

some days we all go off the medieval post-office chain...

if we are called out on this 95% of the time it's a bad sign....

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peter King: Inside How the 2018 Schedule was Built

The transition of bad teams to good (hello, Los Angeles and Jacksonville) helped make the schedule-makers job easier and also helped give FOX maybe the best Thursday Night Football slate ever

just asking, many on here know a Pacific Ocean more than me...

do they give the weaker teams a weaker schedule as much as they used to in the 70s and 80s?

You know, I can't complain too much.

Yeah, the opening of the schedule is rough. 3 away games against 4 pretty good teams is not a great recipe.

However, if we are starting a rookie, I would rather that we push through some of the harder games first so that he has the chance to gel by midseason and we can make a push.

In the meanwhile, I don't think that we have another 3 week straight road trip, and I don't think we play anyone off a bye week.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Three December home games could be a plus if the Bills are still in the playoff hunt.  As far as it being a little cooler and to cold for some, I'm amazed at the winter gear being made today compared to twenty, thirty, and yes 40 years ago. I wish I had some of todays gear 40 years ago. It would have helped sitting in the upper deck, visitor side. Full discloser. I'll be 39 or 61 this year.

Edited by Hammered a Lot
  • Like (+1) 2