Ian Rapoport - Bills not going after 2nd pick

5 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I have it on what I consider pretty good authority that Jets very much like Rosen so I don't believe he is off their board.  I posted this once before and a poster said "no you don't."  Er, okay, believe what you will.  I stand by my comment that they like him.  I have no scoop on Jets view of Mayfield and my Jets fans friends insist they love him.  If they like both Mayfield and Rosen a great deal it explains why they were comfortable going to three far in advance (likely presuming/knowing Darnold or Allen are #1).  And I have no idea whether they like Rosen or Mayfield more.  I hope they like Rosen -- my wish for the Bills is Allen and I don't want Rosen one bit.

Having said that the Rosen vs. Allen debate is greatly polarizing our fine board.  Can we settle on hoping for Baker at #5 or 6?  I have not heard much Mayfield hate.  I would be delighted and willing to let go of my largely unfounded passion for Allen.

It's a smoke screen, all this information linking the Jets to Mayfield, and barely anything about Rosen. Imo, Rosen is the Jets choice.

7 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

It's a smoke screen, all this information linking the Jets to Mayfield, and barely anything about Rosen. Imo, Rosen is the Jets choice.

Idk how smart the Jets are.  Im not sure they are that coy.  

Just now, KollegeStudnet said:

Probably waiting after the #1 pick is selected. 

If the #1 pick is Allen, then all hell is going to break loose on here and Jets boards.

Just now, Mat68 said:

Idk how smart the Jets are.  Im not sure they are that coy.  

As coy as all the other GM's, nobody is playing their cards. And if people think that GM's are going to base their picks to stop another team from getting that player, then they need a reality check. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

If the #1 pick is Allen, then all hell is going to break loose on here and Jets boards.

As coy as all the other GM's, nobody is playing their cards. And if people think that GM's are going to base their picks to stop another team from getting that player, then they need a reality check. 

I dont see it.  Maybe im wrong.  I think the NY media has a pretty good grasp on what the Jets want and are going to do.  The Giants are the true wildcard of the draft.  

Just now, Mat68 said:

I dont see it.  Maybe im wrong.  I think the NY media has a pretty good grasp on what the Jets want and are going to do.  The Giants are the true wildcard of the draft.  

Of course they are the wildcard, they don't "need" a QB. All the writers for every team is doing is trying for clicks, plain and simple. The NY media is scrambling like everyone else. They know about as much as you and I know.

• Like (+1) 1

I call BS. Beane will do what he thinks he has to to get his guy. No holds barred. Nothing is off the table(except Bills fans in September) till draft night.

26 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

All i have seen is the Jets wanting Mayfield or Rosen.  Either/or plays well into us trading up to 5 if Browns take Allen and Giants take Barkley to get Darnold.

No Darnold. He's the anti tyrod.I get it. Rosen is by far the superior talent. Can read, diagnose, and deliver any ball necessary to succeed in the NFL.  I don't won't 15+ ints. We need a cerebral assassin...enter the Rosen one!

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I remember reading this one year ago today too.  Y'all keep forgetting we now have a coach and process that finally got the players to BILLIEVE.  I don't see that going anywhere. AND we removed our biggest hurdle in advancing in the playoffs

I fully expect that pick to be #32 next year.

Yup, we heard last year that it looked like a high pick, and it did. It was completely impossible to see how very easy our schedule would be, not to mention that even the good teams we played would be right in the middle of streaks of horrible play. We did indeed get very lucky last year. And it could happen again. The law of averages says it's pretty unlikely, though. And even our coaches have put out warning signals about how we might have problems next year.

I'd certainly love to be picking #32. I hope you're right. Wouldn't bet my rent on it, though. Or even $10.

• Like (+1) 1