Kick The Tires on Brandon Marshall?

Bring him in and kick the tires.  Guy was a beast and a big target.  Never relied on solely on speed or quickness, was just a physical force and big target.  I think a new QB would be lucky to have a couple big physical targets that can win 50/50 situations.  

Edited by YodaMan79

I think Brandon Marshall has put football 2nd to his TV career. I respect his football resume, I just don't know what his motivation level would be. If I was convinced otherwise, I'd be all for kicking the tires.

3 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Bring him in and kick the tires.  Guy was a beast and a big target.  Never relied on solely on speed or quickness, was just a physical force and big target.  I think a new QB would be lucky to have a couple big physical targets that can win 50/50 situations.  

Ick he was a locker room monster the last few years and his best years are behind him. I'd rather get Maclin or Dontrelle Inman or even Kamar Aiken. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ick he was a locker room monster the last few years and his best years are behind him. I'd rather get Maclin or Dontrelle Inman or even Kamar Aiken. 

...Maclin had his opportunity and is now looking for work...I'll pass....wasn't the Aiken kid here before?....do you remember the circumstances as to why he was gone from OBD?...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Maclin had his opportunity and is now looking for work...I'll pass....wasn't the Aiken kid here before?....do you remember the circumstances as to why he was gone from OBD?...

He got cut in the round of cuts.  I think it was the Stevie, David Nelson years

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

We added Aiken as an undrafted free agent, he was on our practice squad and called up yet he was a depth guy so didn't get much of a chance and eventually cut and bounced around the league. He's most successful season was a few years ago in Baltimore when they had injuries and he ended up being the "guy" that Flacco went to and ended up with a strong 75 catches and 944 yards but been a depth guy ever since and not showing to me anything more than a 25 type catch guy. To me he's cheap depth who when given a chance showed can put up some numbers so don't mind him as a #4 guy behind Benjamin, Jones, Kerley. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He got cut in the round of cuts.  I think it was the Stevie, David Nelson years

...thanks for info bud......:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We added Aiken as an undrafted free agent, he was on our practice squad and called up yet he was a depth guy so didn't get much of a chance and eventually cut and bounced around the league. He's most successful season was a few years ago in Baltimore when they had injuries and he ended up being the "guy" that Flacco went to and ended up with a strong 75 catches and 944 yards but been a depth guy ever since and not showing to me anything more than a 25 type catch guy. To me he's cheap depth who when given a chance showed can put up some numbers so don't mind him as a #4 guy behind Benjamin, Jones, Kerley. 

...thanks bud....appreciate the info............:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Maclin is a professional.  Good team guy who's been bitten by the injury bug.  I think he'd be good for a young WR room.

Maclin is like a girlfriend you beg her not to leave you put your best suit on (shady McCoy) and she’s still not impressed leaves for the other guy finds out you won’t put out unless you put a ring on it so he dumps you now your sending text messages to your old boyfriend hey you want to get together for a cup of coffee your response should be no thanks gave it up

57 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Maclin is like a girlfriend you beg her not to leave you put your best suit on (shady McCoy) and she’s still not impressed leaves for the other guy finds out you won’t put out unless you put a ring on it so he dumps you now your sending text messages to your old boyfriend hey you want to get together for a cup of coffee your response should be no thanks gave it up

I like the analogy.  Did he pass on the Bills for the Ravens last year?  The more I think about it, I like the post above.  Lets hope they find the next Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith or Wes Welker off the trash heap. 

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

2 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Key word in your post......was.