Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

24 minutes ago, grb said:

When the Bills had two NFL-grade receivers playing - the 15 games with Woods and Watkins on the field with Taylor - this happened :

63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints

When the Bills fielded cripples, cast-offs, practice squad rejects, and a rookie like a deer in the headlights - then less so, I admit.

The Browns have receivers and don't intend to waive them. Let's see what happens........

Guys that can win deep like Harvin and Sammy outside complimented him well. 

I get moving on, but I liked the floor at the position.  Now we are back to having no clue what we will see at QB this year. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Bench by week 10.    Steelers/Ravens take turns embarrassing the Cleveland offense. 

Might want to check out his putrid games vs Ravens and Steelers. 

Hes gonna be terrible for them.  

Maybe we should bring back EJ.  He put a whoop on the Super Bowl defending Ravens in 2014.

I was at that Stealers game and it was the worst display of defense and tackling I have seen in decades of watching NFL Football.   Offense was not so good either.

As Rex was leaving the stadium after the game, he bumped into a little old lady.  He tipped his Bills camp and said "No offense mam" to which she replied "NO DAMN DEFENSE EITHER!"

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, in Buffalo we have been 8-8 (+/-1) for 4 years.  Before that we were 6-10 (-2)  for 5 years and 7-9 (+/-2) for 5 years.

We have been mediocre for a long, long time.

So mediocrity has become tiresome to us.

It's been 4 years since the Browns enjoyed the comfort of 7-9 mediocrity.  They've been Bad.

So it's possible that if Taylor returns them to mediocrity, they'll be all encouraged and happy.

Mediocrity isn't tiresome to them.  Yet.

....3-46 is definitely within their sights IMO.....Hugh said so...uh oh.............

1 hour ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Too bad he never turned heads with his ability to fit it into tight windows

Or understanding how the play clock works when his team trails late in the game. 

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bench by week 10.    Steelers/Ravens take turns embarrassing the Cleveland offense. 

Might want to check out his putrid games vs Ravens and Steelers. 

Hes gonna be terrible for them.  

I agree, this board underestimates how putrid he will play against AFC North opponents. His track record against them is terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No surprise, Tyrod is a good leader and a hard worker.

Exactly there wasn't a problem with that part of his game he was a great locker room guy but he just couldn't get it together on the field his decision making was slow & accuracy was a question .

I only hope that it wasn't coaching like in some other instances with players that have left the Bills & he goes there & turns into a player we never saw while he was here !!  

Just now, T master said:

Exactly there wasn't a problem with that part of his game he was a great locker room guy but he just couldn't get it together on the field his decision making was slow & accuracy was a question .

I only hope that it wasn't coaching like in some other instances with players that have left the Bills & he goes there & turns into a player we never saw while he was here !!  

If he plays there just like he did here, he'll be the best QB they've had in a decade and a half just like he was for us.

I am sure Cleveland fans will be impressed by Tyrod's drive and work ethic. I know I was very impressed by it when Tyrod first got here.

I wish him well in Cleveland. I think he could do well there, and hope he does.

He definitely has weapons on offense. I feel pretty safe saying that Cleveland will definitely win more than 1 game this year! lol 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

....until you're down by 7 in the 4th qtr....good luck with renting TT for 1 year Browns. If Cleveland doesn't take Darnold and Chubb,  they deserve to suck for another decade.

IMO TT will do well with the Browns, He will lead them to 5-8 wins and the Browns fans will love him.  There will be high-lights of him scrabbling and making a big play and this board will still be arguing over him.  He is what he is, a good QB in the average-mid-of-the pack-type.  He will help an ok to bad team win or be in the game, but  is not a top tier QB.  I like him but it was time to move on for the Bills.  TT is a class act and in that way might be missed as our QB(s) try to make their mark!

I wish TT well and hope they/he do well, but

I hope the bills do even better and nail the QB position 

we have waited long enough!!!!

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

indeed. despite having been " exposed" during his tenure here in buffalo, tyrod has many strengths and is a great guy to have on your team. if the OC is willing to design an offense that is suited towards his strengths, there is no reason that they cannot succeed. especially with the talent that the browns seem to be accumulating. and i still wish him nothing but the best. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think some of you forget about much different he was with Sammy out there.  

If they get any semblance of a running game, with Landry and Gordon, I expect to see a better TT there. 

He won’t light the world on fire, but he’ll make some plays that will make you miss him a little. 

Nicely put Mister Virgil!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If he plays there just like he did here, he'll be the best QB they've had in a decade and a half just like he was for us.

Going from bad to the textbook defenition of outright average is technically an improvement, but not a success.  I want better then average, and TT is average.  Precious little terrible, precious little amazing.  We've finally outgrown that, Cleveland hasn't.  They will be thrilled when he gets them to 8-8 eventually, then they will move on like we did.

• Like (+1) 1