Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's not literally true, but it's really not that far away. 

For every turnover he didn't throw there was a play that even an QB would have made that he left on the field.

You can cost your team in many other ways than just turnovers.

You are arguing your own point. So a different QB makes a play and turns it over. Tyrod does neither. I’ll take punting over turnovers. Check the record of NFL teams that lose the turnover battle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are arguing your own point. So a different QB makes a play and turns it over. Tyrod does neither. I’ll take punting over turnovers. Check the record of NFL teams that lose the turnover battle.

And yet Sam Darnold is going to be a top 2-3 pick despite his turnover issues. How odd.

And if the other QB MAKES the play then I don't see it as a turnover. That's a broad assumption on your behalf. If you can assume that I can assume that when someone says makes the play it's a success. Tomato/potato I suppose.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

And yet Sam Darnold is going to be a is projected by some media pundits to be a top 2-3 pick despite his turnover issues. How odd.

And if the other QB MAKES the play then I don't see it as a turnover. That's a broad assumption on your behalf. If you can assume that I can assume that when someone says makes the play it's a success. Tomato/potato I suppose.

FIFY.  I do understand your point that there are game situations where it's worth taking a shot because an INT is effectively not that much different than a punt.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

And yet Sam Darnold is going to be a top 2-3 pick despite his turnover issues. How odd.

There are lots of different ways to win in the NFL. Losing the turnover battle isn’t one of them.

Sam Darnold is going early because of his complete skill set. The negative on him has been ball security. It’s easier to teach him to take care of the football than to teach Baker Mayfied to be 6’4”.

17 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

give him an OC who lets him throw deep again and watch him kickass.    

against balt., pitt and cincy defenses won't be so kind as the jets and miami....or even the pats. he ain't gonna have 5-6 seconds to screw around. sack! he will lead the league in rushing:lol:

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is actually an interesting point.  I lack the energy and focus to dig up the stats, but I'm kind of wondering if one "binned" turnovers situationally if one would find that some turnovers (like the ones NPTH described, that are deep shots on 3rd down IIRC) really have null impact.

It might be hard to do, because when a QB is having a day where the opposing DBs seem to know more about the passing routes than his own WR, INTs tend to come in clumps.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FIFY.  I do understand your point that there are game situations where it's worth taking a shot because an INT is effectively not that much different than a punt.

Absolutely. It's one of the reasons that he has so few 4th quarter comebacks IMO. 

Oddly one of the games that I though he looked the most comfortable in was the 2nd half of the Charger game. Game was lost so he was just out there. A lot less pressure on him to be careful and he slung it around pretty well. The guy can play...when he plays. The Tennessee game that he basically won by himself...another example of what he could be.

Truthfully, some of it I'm certain is on coaches wanting him to play conservative. But you have to be willing to take...as Beane said... calculated risks.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Would you take a 16 TD 0 INT QB over one who throws a 32 TD 16 INT?

Hint - the second one will score a lot more points and win a lot more games.

Not throwing the ball is not a good approach to avoiding interceptions.

Btw - TT is well on his way to permanent backup status - he is a placeholder for an unnamed QB who WILL replace him before the end of the season.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 2