Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Can you give me the number of games in which the Bills were trailing late in the 4th by one score while Tyrod was here? 

I cant for the whole time he was here. But let's look at 2017.  There were 3 regular season such opportunities

1. Carolina - Down by 4 with less.than 0:30 to play.  Hotrod hits Jones in the hands on the goal line that he drops. as it turned out Jones did this a  lot.

2. Bungles - laid an egg.

3. Tampa Bay - Down by 7 with 3:00 to play. We win by 3.

So in 2 out of 3 he did his job. Pass behind Zay blah blah blah. IT HIT HIM IN THE FREAKIN' HANDS.

even if you don't count the Panthers he was 1 for 3. That's NOT a bad percentage.  And if he'd thrown that pass to Holmes or Matthews instead, it would 67%.

Late game performance has been a knock on him for me. However, I think he was improving.

What is a good percentage for a "franchise QB"?

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I cant for the whole time he was here. But let's look at 2017.  There were 3 regular season such opportunities

1. Carolina - Down by 4 with less.than 0:30 to play.  Hotrod hits Jones in the hands on the goal line that he drops. as it turned out Jones did this a  lot.

2. Bungles - laid an egg.

3. Tampa Bay - Down by 7 with 3:00 to play. We win by 3.

So in 2 out of 3 he did his job. Pass behind Zay blah blah blah. IT HIT HIM IN THE FREAKIN' HANDS.

even if you don't count the Panthers he was 1 for 3. That's NOT a bad percentage.  And if he'd thrown that pass to Holmes or Matthews instead, it would 67%.

Late game performance has been a knock on him for me. However, I think he was improving.

What is a good percentage for a "franchise QB"?

Also......Tyrod lead them to a late TD to take a 3 point lead with 1.28 left against Miami in Buffalo in 2016.........Miami scored a frantic tying FG to send into OT.......where TT immediately drove the Bills downfield to what looked like an easy FG only to have Carpenter shank it and the Dolphins then scored to win to knock the Bills out of the playoff race.

47 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

So...I just now watched the play in question. 

I question your depiction of it. Post-corner route that broke open; throw was clearly too far to the inside shoulder, although the WR definitely could have hauled it in. If Jones does make the catch, there's no way he scores, given the adjustment and full extension entailed. They had a timeout remaining, so it would have been 1st and 10 at the 2 yard line +/-, maybe 7 or 8 seconds remaining. 

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Also......Tyrod lead them to a late TD to take a 3 point lead with 1.28 left against Miami in Buffalo in 2016.........Miami scored a frantic tying FG to send into OT.......where TT immediately drove the Bills downfield to what looked like an easy FG only to have Carpenter shank it and the Dolphins then scored to win to knock the Bills out of the playoff race.

I will admit to thinking the Miami game you're referencing, combined with the Seattle game, was evidence that Taylor had taken an important step forward. 

In hindsight, it looks more like he peaked right around then.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

You are arguing your own point. So a different QB makes a play and turns it over. Tyrod does neither. I’ll take punting over turnovers. Check the record of NFL teams that lose the turnover battle.

Punts are, in fact, turnovers. 

You are literally giving the ball to the other team. 

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

if you mean grammar that would be graded as an F by an elementary school teacher IN FLORIDA yes.

if you mean coherent thought process based on what he had to work with no.

The offense coaching was terrible including the current OL coach/run game coordinator.

They dumped a GOOD WR coach for a coach they dumped after one year.

I wish Chan Gailey or even Lynn was coaching last year on offense; we would have won a playoff game, maybe two.

Oh look another Tyrod Taylor lover with his but burnt lol

On 4/19/2018 at 6:53 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Guys that can win deep like Harvin and Sammy outside complimented him well. 

I get moving on, but I liked the floor at the position.  Now we are back to having no clue what we will see at QB this year. 

You liked 56 yards passing for an entire NFL game?

I admit that's unfair -- that game was one of only 2 or 3 that TT had less than 100 yards passing. 

But in all seriousness, TT's "floor" was roughly 125 yards passing with 0 TDs and 0 INTs. Add in 35 yards rushing and you have 160 yards of offensive production from the QB. 

Great pro, terrible QB.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:37 AM, Limeaid said:

I am sure some of the irrational hate posters on the board have.

I was absolutely ecstatic when I found out that they TT was gone. I literally could not stomach the thought of watching him take another snap as the Bills QB. I have been one of the most outspoken and vocal TT critics around. 

However, the guy is a class act and everything you would want from a professional athlete off the field. He would have been perfect as the face of the franchise, however he was a backup-caliber player on the field. 

Also, no one rocks a suit like he does. 

Your post is nothing but inflammatory BS. If you are so "sure", then it should be easy for you to post some examples. 

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Browns are going to game plan for Taylor's strengths and surround him with talent. And the media will talk about what a Billsy move trading him was.

They're going to run the wishbone?

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

Let me be crystal clear.  At no point did I say the JAX game was solely TT's fault.  But pointing out others' mistakes does not absolve TT of his.  My opinion of TT differs from most.  I think he's a good QB.  But he has his limits.  I think he is better then most TT detractors do and I think he is worse then most TT supporters.  The JAX game was a game that BUF needed TT to step up, and he didn't.  That is TT encapsulated.  It's rare to be able to point to a game and say "Yeah, TT lost that one for us."  But, at the same time, it is equally rare to be able to point to a game and say "Yeah, TT won that one for us."

There isn't one.

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Right. Throwing a pick in your own territory or even at mid field is the equivalent of punting and giving your defense some field to work with. Gotchya 

cool story, bruh. 

Not by definition they aren’t. In basketball steals and throwing the ball out of bounds are both turnovers. You are relinquishing possession to the other team. One is better than the other. It’s the same thing that we are talking about.

You liked 56 yards passing for an entire NFL game?

I admit that's unfair -- that game was one of only 2 or 3 that TT had less than 100 yards passing. 

But in all seriousness, TT's "floor" was roughly 125 yards passing with 0 TDs and 0 INTs. Add in 35 yards rushing and you have 160 yards of offensive production from the QB. 

Great pro, terrible QB.

214 yards passing and 40 rushing per game is his career average over 42 starts. To me that’s him as a floor. So 250 ypg and less than 6 ints per season with a 90 ish passer rating. Certainly not greatness,  but not close to terrible. 

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

You have nothing. Just as I thought. Thanks.

Look, I can't spend the time to compile reports to disprove all of the many wrong headed things you say man. I have a life to live. And you won't learn from it anyway.

So to save time I will just agree with you. Yes Scott we all remember the many games when the Bills were behind late, the tension was high , and all of our spirits soared when Tyrod stepped on the field in the 4th. We all thought, oh thank God, here comes Tyrod!! 

We knew we were going  to win because Tyrod would march the team down the field!

And we all stood as one, chanting Ty-Rod! Ty-Rod! as he threw laser passes that defied defending! And then on to VICTORY!! Time and time again Tyrod lead us to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and to bring glory to the city and the team!

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This idiot is the only one stupid enough to insist that I was wrong when I said TT could be inserted back into the lineup at any minute after McD benched him.

Lil' Nay Pete didn't make it past the first half.:lol:

There are a lot of douchebags on this board who wouldn't even be dumb enough to go down that hole..........but DaDumbasssince1973.........he's special.:lol:

Keep losin' son.:thumbsup:

should I be offended here. some dick on a message board calling me out. you're a real kind of special, I mean short bus special.

have a nice day, dick

20 minutes ago, teef said:

This thread has become shockingly angry. 

Ten years from now, there will still be Tyrod Taylor threads and they will still have the same level of anger.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. Throwing a pick in your own territory or even at mid field is the equivalent of punting and giving your defense some field to work with. Gotchya 

cool story, bruh. 

What happens when:

1. Your QB throws an INT in the end zone and the DB is tackled immediately.

2. Your team punts the ball through the back of the end zone.

I'll help you out... both opposing offenses will start with the ball on their own 20. 

The point is that at the end of the day -- regardless of the situation -- the end result is the same: they have the ball and you don't.