Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

I don’t see this at all. Taylor was always sitting on the sidelines ignoring his lineman and receivers when he wasn’t on the field. 

I never even saw a hint of leadership from him. Must have been an excellent sell job by Beane. 

Good riddance. Don’t understand any of the love he receives. Even when he was playing well it seemed as if he did it in spite of us fans. 

Tyrod Taylor’s true moniker = Mediocrity in motion. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Going from bad to the textbook defenition of outright average is technically an improvement, but not a success.  I want better then average, and TT is average.  Precious little terrible, precious little amazing.  We've finally outgrown that, Cleveland hasn't.  They will be thrilled when he gets them to 8-8 eventually, then they will move on like we did.

How exactly have we outgrown it. We are literally in the same boat as them right now at the qb position, if not worse. They have an average qb as a bridge and the pick of the litter this week. We have an unproven bridge and are at the mercy of others picks next week. Is it gonna surprise you if their qb situation is better than ours in 2 or 3 years? 

Lets not pretend like the browns are viewing Taylor as anything more than a stop gap. Same thing we are doing with McCarron. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's flawed...yet you don't know what my idea of average is. Very interesting counter point you have there.

If you think an average QB would have easily made most throws that Taylor missed, your clearly unfamlliar with the rest of the league and the performances of the majority of Quarterbacks who started last year. The point is not how good or great Taylor is, is how bad most other qbs are.

Edited by MURPHD6
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

How exactly have we outgrown it. We are literally in the same boat as them right now at the qb position, if not worse. They have an average qb as a bridge and the pick of the litter this week. We have an unproven bridge and are at the mercy of others picks next week. Is it gonna surprise you if their qb situation is better than ours in 2 or 3 years? 

Lets not pretend like the browns are viewing Taylor as anything more than a stop gap. Same thing we are doing with McCarron. 

We went 9-7 and made it to the playoffs.  Taylor elevates bad teams and drags good teams down.  He is the ultimate median.  If you need a QB that is not going to lose games, who can keep the ship sailing with consistency, TT is your man.  When you get good enough to transition to a team that can win enough games and you reach a point where you need your QB to win a few games for you, TT has consistently shown he can't.  The Bills finally crested the plain and reached a point where TT's mediocrity has gone from benefit to liability.  The JAX game last season was the best example of it.  Cleveland, however, has gone 1-31 the last two seasons.  A strong leader at QB can elevate the play of those around him, and his ability to play near mistake-free football will make the Browns a better team next year.  And to that team and it's fans, 6-8 wins this year will not only be acceptable, it will be welcome and even heralded.  6-8 wins here will be unacceptable.  Trading TT to the Browns I think will work out well for the Bills, Browns and TT.

Edited by The Red King

5 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

If you think an average QB would have easily made most throws that Taylor missed, your clearly unfamlliar with the rest of the league and the performances of the majority of Quarterbacks who started last year. The point is not how good or great Taylor is, is how bad most other qbs are.

I didn't talk about throws Taylor MISSED instead was talking about the ones he was too conservative to actually THROW. 

I know, you miss Taylor. I get it. But as a QB, he was (in his time here) a lower tier starting QB. As a QB he is mediocre. He's a heck of an athlete though.

Tyrod was a class act, by all accounts a good teammate, and he always worked hard. As a starting QB he's nothing more than a solid game manager. He's still the best Cleveland has had in two decades. 

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

....until you're down by 7 in the 4th qtr....good luck with renting TT for 1 year Browns. If Cleveland doesn't take Darnold and Chubb,  they deserve to suck for another decade.

This ^ I think the idea of TT being a good leader comes from the fact that he is well liked in the locker room. Players have nothing but positive things to say about him. With that said, the best lead by example. Nothing about the way TT carries himself on the field gives me any reason to call him a good leader. 

He turned my head a lot too, but mostly in frustration when he ignored wide open WR's, holding the ball for 10 seconds until miraculously escaping the pocket just to throw the ball out of reach of our WR's, or scramble for a loss of 1 yard.

But to be fair, he would occasionally make some jaw dropping plays too, usually with his legs.

3 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This ^ I think the idea of TT being a good leader comes from the fact that he is well liked in the locker room. Players have nothing but positive things to say about him. With that said, the best lead by example. Nothing about the way TT carries himself on the field gives me any reason to call him a good leader. 

I don't think that is true. I remember times where he pulled guys away and got in teammates faces when they were about to get penalties. I was always impressed with that. He was always a first in the building last one to leave kind of guy too. He also didn't let his contract negotiations and drama, or getting benched become a distraction. He could have easily spoken out against the team and fractured the locker room, but he didn't.

But, he is not good enough at throwing a football. That's the most important thing.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No one has ever justly criticized Tyrod's work ethic or leadership.

I really don't want to go down the "defending TT" rabbit hole, but you must know that's literally not true.

Probably true.  And what will we be doing in B'lo?

Masterful response.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

But, he is not good enough at throwing a football. That's the most important thing.

He isn't "good enough" - if that means you are looking for Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or even DeShaun Watson. I couldn't agree with you more.

What Buffalo never seemed to grasp about Tyrod was that you could win with him, if you surrounded him with a semblance of talent and didn't ship out his #1 and #2 WRs and have an offensive line in general disarray. Oh yeah, and team him up with an offensive mastermind that was able to come up with a nearly historic meltdown every second half. How we won five of the first seven games last year while doing OTJ training with three of the five OL is a mystery to me.

1%. Think about that next year and for the next five years. Every time you see a pick six or this team lose the turnover ratio, you remember Tyrod Taylor, and take a look UP at the Cleveland Browns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

He isn't "good enough" - if that means you are looking for Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or even DeShaun Watson. I couldn't agree with you more.

What Buffalo never seemed to grasp about Tyrod was that you could win with him, if you surrounded him with a semblance of talent and didn't ship out his #1 and #2 WRs and have an offensive line in general disarray. Oh yeah, and team him up with an offensive mastermind that was able to come up with a nearly historic meltdown every second half. How we won five of the first seven games last year while doing OTJ training with three of the five OL is a mystery to me.

1%. Think about that next year and for the next five years. Every time you see a pick six or this team lose the turnover ratio, you remember Tyrod Taylor, and take a look UP at the Cleveland Browns. 

There is still room on the Browns bandwagon, go over there and spew your lame Tyrod excuses.

• Haha (+1) 1