Why all the hate for Josh Allen?

10 hours ago, Buff76ers said:

We does everyone hate the idea of Josh Allen to Buffalo, but all these experts think differently. There is a reason he could go number, but I can’t see what all the hate is for? 

He sucks. That's the main reason.

A great QB coach might see Allen as fixable after 2  seasons of tutoring and behind a good QB to mentor him. Giants would be his best spot just not at #2.

He would not get that kind of coaching in Buffalo .  jmo

9 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I see you have yet to respond to my post, responding to your post, where you said, "if he's so good then he would've made the players around him draft-able," to which I responded that he, in fact, had no less than FOUR teammates from 2016 in the NFL last season- three of whom never sniff the NFL if Josh Allen doesn't show up in 2016 (Tanner Gentry, Jacob Hollister and Chase Roullier).  I'll hang up and listen. 

People who say that Josh Allen "stunk in college."  For at least the 30th time, HE WAS VERY GOOD IN 2016.  No animosity intended.  In all seriousness, check out the thread I started re: Allen to read more about him. 

yeah I really do not care what anyone thinks in this regards. I sure am not going to waste precious time debating with someone else who has made up their mind either.

I disagree

I don't know much about him but for find his criticisms unfair. If the story is true that his receiving talent has regressed this past season then I don't want to fault him for using a cannon arm against mountain conference receivers. And when ppl say it's not like the DBs on the other side in the mountain conference aren't the best ever too, I don't think that really matters

If they are better players against Wyoming receivers, then the mismatch still means he probably didn't get the separation he wanted regardless of the secondary talent.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

yeah I really do not care what anyone thinks in this regards. I sure am not going to waste precious time debating with someone else who has made up their mind either.

I disagree

What do you disagree about?  You said that if he was so good, he would have made guys around him draft-able.  After his 2016 season, two of the guys around him got drafted, two more stuck on NFL rosters and played all season, and a fifth was eventually cut by the Saints.  All of them offensive players, mind you.  In no universe would FIVE players from a 2-10 team (their record prior to Allen arriving in 2016) have been on NFL rosters last year.  So, like, I have checkmated you.  This isn't a matter of opinion or something you can agree or disagree about.  This is like me trying to tell you that Albany is the capital of New York, you trying to say it's Depew and then telling me it's just my opinion and you don't have time to debate me.  It's OK for you to admit that I am right and you are wrong.  Even Jerry would acknowledge I am right in this instance.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

9 hours ago, Logic said:

By "between the ears", I was not referring to his coachability or likability. Everyone says he's a coach's dream and I have no reason not to believe that.

His mental processing, ability to anticipate receivers coming open, and his lack of willingness to throw with anticipation into tight windows are what scare me. Brain stuff.

At the end of the day, the following graphic is deeply discouraging to me:

I just don't see him suddenly completing >60% of his passes just because he's surrounded by better talent. I'm sure you've read the recent article suggesting that a player's statistical college production is more likely to represent his ceiling than his floor. That's my fear. That Allen's ceiling is about a 58% completion rate. No amount of Jordan Palmer offseason footwork drills are getting me to buy in to the idea that Allen will vastly improve on those numbers, and those numbers aren't NFL caliber.

Once the splits on his pass attempts start to resemble more of what you see in the NFL, I'd bet he's able to hit 60%. Hell, he might hit 60% just by playing behind a better O-Line. If you split up his numbers between under pressure vs. kept clean and then weight it as if he was kept clean as often as Mason Rudolph, Rosen is around 61%.

Running the offence he did, behind that O-line, with that running game and receivers I don't see how his stats can be compared with this year's big school prospects who benefited from at least some NFL calibre players at the so called skill positions not to mention better, and in some cases much better, O-lines, and working offensive schemes that were not only more QB friendly but specifically to some extent customized to emphasize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned. So I don't focus on the 56% completion % and kick him to the curb (as some do).

No one has done Josh Allen any favours. 

His draft value is without doubt first round IMO and he should go early. The bust potential is there to be sure, as it is for Sam Darnold, but they are both very good prospects. 

He shows all the signs of past busts.

That, along with most of his hype being based purely on his physical attributes and "potential," rather than what he did on the field. 

When you hear about his arm strength, mobility, height, hand size, etc. MORE than decision making, accuracy, performance in big games, meaningful wins, TD/INT ratio, intelligence, and pocket presence, it's usually a sign of scouts and GM's salivating over what they WANT a QB to become rather than what that QB actually is...

• Like (+1) 1

On April 19, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Buff76ers said:

We does everyone hate the idea of Josh Allen to Buffalo, but all these experts think differently. There is a reason he could go number, but I can’t see what all the hate is for? 

He went on a date with my sister and never called her again.

...you just don't do that to a guy's sister, especially when she has a such a really good personality, has many cats, is well read and is a chicken wing eating contest winner.

Show some class, man.

• Haha (+1) 1

In the end I trust the scouts,GM's, and coaches opinions before anyone's opinion on here. That doesn't mean I don't respect our rights to our opinions but all said and done I'll go with the guys in the league not us fans.

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Because he played at the 7th best conference in the NCAA and played only two years after community college ball.  Because his QB rating was terrible against top 50 teams and so-so against top 100 teams.   (he did smoke Garner-Webb college).

But, he did rank 7th in the MWC in passer rating this year!:rolleyes: And, if you're not impressed he had bad receivers, bad OL, bad coaching, bad diarrhea, bad breath in the huddle etc.

Edited by horned dogs

On 4/19/2018 at 4:06 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He stole my girlfriend and didn’t even say sorry. :(

Obviously it is because you are not a Ladies' Man.  Maybe try being a Men's Man?

2 hours ago, horned dogs said:

But, he did rank 7th in the MWC in passer rating this year!:rolleyes: And, if you're not impressed he had bad receivers, bad OL, bad coaching, bad diarrhea, bad breath in the huddle etc.

The good news for him is bad diarrhea & bad breath in the huddle are curable.

The bad news on other issues it will continue to occur if he goes to Buffalo.

No confidence on new Offense coaching team.

Team                     rank         game score        QB rating

Iowa                       #18       Lost 24-3                   30

Boise State            #33        Lost 24-14              63

Oregon                  #40         Lost 49-13                7

Fresno State        #53          Lost 13-7                   --

Colorado State     #84        Won 16-13               41

Air Force                #93        Won 28-14              84

Utah State              #89        Won 28-23             60

Central Michigan #99         Won 37-14             88

New Mexico          #114       Won 42-3              78

Hawaii                   #154        Won 28-21           82

San Jose State      #179         Lost 20-17          ---

Texas State             #183        Won 45-10          88

Gardner-Webb       #264         Won 27-0            97

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, starrymessenger said:

Running the offence he did, behind that O-line, with that running game and receivers I don't see how his stats can be compared with this year's big school prospects who benefited from at least some NFL calibre players at the so called skill positions not to mention better, and in some cases much better, O-lines, and working offensive schemes that were not only more QB friendly but specifically to some extent customized to emphasize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned. So I don't focus on the 56% completion % and kick him to the curb (as some do).

No one has done Josh Allen any favours. 

His draft value is without doubt first round IMO and he should go early. The bust potential is there to be sure, as it is for Sam Darnold, but they are both very good prospects. 

I want a QB that doesn't already have built in excuses