Why all the hate for Josh Allen?

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Well they better be right or they are going to be fired for sure. I would not put my job on the line for Allen.

If Allen was taken early 2nd round that's different IMO but to take him top 10 after all this moving to watch him fail is even harder to swallow if they could have had Rosen,Darnold or Mayfield and ended up taken Allen over one of the top 3. How could anyone not see his accuracy issues, big deal he is big and a strong arm, sadly hitting the side of a barn standing still is a issue and if our scouts have pushed for Allen over the top3 (Rosen,Darnold,Mayfield) they all should be fired.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Agreed.  Jeff George did not have a successful career for a #1 overall pick.  But he didn't suck.

Josh Allen was really good in 2016.  I watched every game he played that year and attended three of them.  He played well enough to be named the MWC preseason player of the year going into 2017 and to have the Kipers and McShays of the world projecting him as the #1 overall pick last offseason.  Again, that doesn't happen if you suck.  I've now achieved broken record status.  If you're so befuddled as to why he is garnering the type of he is, watch some highlights from 2016 and/or the three TD passes he made against Central Michigan in the bowl game this year.

So based on what you have posted would you draft him #1?

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

Here is the thing though. Mike White was in the exact same situation as Allen. White had a great season in 2016, then lost a bunch of his oline and WRs to the NFL. The difference was he was still able to elevate his team and produce good numbers in 2017 despite horrible talent. Allen has shown that he can’t elevate the roster around him. 

The reason I am comparing White and Allen is that they should be competing as second round prospects.

Allen has more physical gifts than White.  Wesern Kentucky is also a better football program right now then Wyoming.  They have gone to 4 straight bowls games.  Wyoming won 2 games the season before Allen arrived.  Since Allen has been there they lost every game he didn't appear.  Wyoming went to back to back bowl games for the first time since 1988-1989.  To say Allen hasn't risen the team around him is totally inaccurate. 

3 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Josh Allen had 0 TD's against Iowa, right?  Watch the play beginning at 3:58.  This was his best offensive weapon in 2017, CJ Johnson.  When I'm telling you he had no one, really believe me that he had no one.  

If he is going to be that great of a QB he would of made a few WR's on that team look draft-able good... but he did not so we blame Allen's inability to put up stellar stats vs inferior competition and blame the players on his team for not being good enough

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Josh Allen had 0 TD's against Iowa, right?  Watch the play beginning at 3:58.  This was his best offensive weapon in 2017, CJ Johnson.  When I'm telling you he had no one, really believe me that he had no one.  

That pass should have been a TD. But he did not play well that game. He missed a lot of throws even if he had a perfect one for TD dropped. I watched that game live and have watched it twice since. I think he played poorly. 

7 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

He does not look like a top 5 pick at all in your video you added.

Edited by xRUSHx

5 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I agree with you. People bring up this game as a knock but also like Darnold,  who played much worst for longer stretches of the season. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

His decision making and lack of accuracy.  Some don’t like that he played vs crap competition as well 

Yep.  Those are the two BIGGEST qualities in a successful NFL quarterback, and I have no good reason to think Allen will become awesome at either.  He is very scary, because while his ceiling is very high if he improves those two things, his floor is way too low if he doesn't (compared to Rosen and Mayfield who are very likely to be pretty good at worst, and Darnold who isn't a sure thing and has work to do, but is further along).

21 minutes ago, Irv said:

So based on what you have posted would you draft him #1?

No.  I never said I would.  I'm saying that people claiming he "wasn't good in college" are wildly misinformed.  He was very good in 2016.  His 2017 numbers are extremely misleading.  I'm not sure why the naysayers continue to ignore that he was very good in 2016, especially for being a first year starter.

19 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If he is going to be that great of a QB he would of made a few WR's on that team look draft-able good... but he did not so we blame Allen's inability to put up stellar stats vs inferior competition and blame the players on his team for not being good enough

He did.  He actually, literally, factually did.  In 2016, three of his offensive weapons from that year are currently on NFL rosters (four if you include his center).  The year before they went 2-10.  Two of his offensive teammates literally got drafted in the 2017 NFL draft because of Josh Allen and the season he had in 2016.  His tight end played in the Super Bowl for the Patriots last year.  His #1 receiver dressed for the Bears a few times last year.  His #2 receiver played in camp with the Saints.  None of them (except his RB, he was already very good) would have sniffed the NFL without Josh Allen.  Do facts matter anymore? 

Edited by metzelaars_lives

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

He literally was chosen as the 2nd team all-MWC in 2016, his first year as a college QB, but that's OK, nothing matters anymore anyway.

But in 2017 he only got "Honorable Mention." So I guess that doesn't matter.

Just now, yungmack said:

But in 2017 he only got "Honorable Mention." So I guess that doesn't matter.

You cited what he did in 2017 as if it were his only season as a college QB.  I'm just tired man.  I can't wait for this to be over.  

25 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

He does not look like a top 5 pick at all in your video you added.

Did he look like a guy playing in week 1 with unheralded freshmen and sophomores who had never played college football before at every single skill position at a power 5 school in front of 90,000 people?

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

EJ Manuel and Josh Allen, huh?

You're talking about a guy who was projected to- and should have- gone in the third round in LITERALLY the worst QB draft (and worst draft overall) in NFL history vs. a guy who could go first overall in one of the better and deeper QB drafts in recent memory.  That's OK though.  Carry on.

E.J. Comp percentages ... 2009-65.5 ... 2010-69.9 ... 2011-65.3 ... 2012-68.0 .... YPA 2009-7.7 ... 2010-9.3 ... 2011-8.6 ... 2012 ... 8.8

Josh Allen comp% ...2016-56.0 ... 2017-56.3 ... YPA 2016-8.6 ... 2017-6.7

With those college stats, if E.J. should have gone in the third round ... what round should Allen go in????? While I will agree Allen COULD have a better NFL career than EJ has, the only reason that he could is he hasn't yet had a chance to fail in the NFL.

You proclaim that Allen could go first overall in a deep QB class ... exactly what puts him ahead of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold (you could probably throw in Rudolph and Lauletta too) in your estimation?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Common sense

Poor accuracy 

Weak competition 

Slow to make reads

Sometimes size and arm strength only go so far. Ask EJ how illustrious his NFL career was with 6-5 and strong arm.....

Or JP (even though he was only 6'2").

46 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and this says it all. when your line cant protect you.. then again can our line protect him?

I think it say more about him not being able to see the blitz. If you can’t punish teams for blitzing they are going to keep coming.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

People are scared of taking a guy in the top 10 that is generally viewed as a work in progress.

...interesting...aren't they ALL?......if NOT, the majority of credible mocks should be in relatively total agreement about QB candidates, right??...........