Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Report: Three NFL teams have called Broncos about draft trade

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-Dolphins-Bills-Cardinals-have-called-Broncos-about-NFL-draft-trade-117597872/Amp

Dolphins in the mix of the QB Competition too. No way any of the Big 4 fall past #8, and certainly not to us at #12. Almost looks like the TBD No Trades Mock got it right.

Call me kooky-dukes but I'm way more mindful of Arizona jumping up high and taking a QB then I am the Giants or Broncos taking one. Real talk- Arizona is the biggest threat imo

29 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Call me kooky-dukes but I'm way more mindful of Arizona jumping up high and taking a QB then I am the Giants or Broncos taking one. Real talk- Arizona is the biggest threat imo

AZ and Miami have been my worries, and that article sure isnt helping. The good news is no one can offer as much as we can, and neither AZ nor Miami are sitting at a much higher pick currently. The only way we should lose out to them is if we dont even try, or are busy shooting for a higher pick.

The stress is getting exponentially worse. Not sure how I'll survive the next 4 days.

It's a fine line  you need to get the #5 pick and out bid several teams, but you want to hold on to enough to get to #2 if that's an option.  I can see Arizona or Miami putting up a next year 1st to beat any of our offers, which could force our hand there.  The Jets showed, the rest of the league also isn't going to sit back and allow us to patiently work a deal for one of the QBs.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

AZ and Miami have been my worries, and that article sure isnt helping. The good news is no one can offer as much as we can, and neither AZ nor Miami are sitting at a much higher pick currently. The only way we should lose out to them is if we dont even try, or are busy shooting for a higher pick.

The stress is getting exponentially worse. Not sure how I'll survive the next 4 days.

This week is gonna be crazy. Imagine how this forum will be if we get blocked out by Mia or Ari. Get it done McBeane!!

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Desperate teams pay desperate prices. The thing I worry about is Arizona knows what we CAN offer. So any deal they propose has to be a lights out deal. Talking a 1,2,3 this year plus some next year type deal.

I believe Beane wants to trade but has a firm grasp on the price he would pay and won't give much over that. He just seems like the kind of GM that wants the best value out of each pick.

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:thumbsup:

I say make trade now before price gets bid up and Broncos ask for more than what we offered. The longer we wait the more it will cost I have a feeling. And if need be, trade up again if giants or browns are willing. The only problem is what Beane stated before, is maybe he doesn't want to get "stuck" in a spot if their guy isn't there