Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

1 minute ago, DefenseWins said:

You have to factor in the possibility of Miami or Arizona trading up into #2 or #4 as well... Assuming that Cleveland does what most are predicting (Darnold @ #1) there may not be a QB left at #5 or #6...

Fins don't have the firepower and I think the Cards would rather hang tight for Jackson or a day two guy. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills would have a pretty strong indication that the picks at 1, 2 , or 4 will not be dealt if they were to make a move to 5. 

In this instance I doubt the Bills will get that much confirmation in terms of picks 1-4 falling the Bills' way.  The other teams have their own agenda's versus helping their down on their luck Bills friends.  In a more normal year I might buy your argument.

32 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Broncos are in 100% win now mode. Could they use a LeSean McCoy? A Kelvin Benjamin? A Jerry Hughes? Yes, yes, and yes!  Package a pick or two and a player and get it done. 

I have such a gut feeling that Shady or Hughes will be packaged in a trade deal to move up.

22 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

In all seriousness would anyone here have an issue with the Bills pulling the trigger now and making the jump to 5 without knowing who will be there? 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Move up now and then tell the Giants if you get any offers then the Bills will make it better and move up more otherwise 5 is perfect unless the Giants are going QB and most I have heard the Giants will not take a QB at 2. Yes move up now before another team does it like the Jets did to us. If they move up for Allen I will lose all respect for this staff.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Smart play by Elway.  He knows the value of #5 drops if/when the Giants deal their pick and at least 3 QBs are off the board before he picks.

Or he knows the cost of #5 just went up as it becomes more clear that CLE and NYG are staying put at 1,2 and 4. 

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If we were set at QB and a position in need for us due to the HC's defense namely MLB was not there those names would have tremendous appeal even if a small move up was required never mind getting their man in the initial draft slot.

I'm referring to the Broncos. 

They have a QB they just paid, and a 1st round QB who hasn't really seen the field. 

Elway has always been a big believer in Paxton and I just don't see them getting rid of him yet. 

The QB rush early, possibly 1-2-3, allows them to grab BPA at their most critical positions of need (OL and RB). If Nelson and Barkley are gone, I think it is more likely they trade out.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or he knows the cost of #5 just went up as it becomes more clear that CLE and NYG are staying put at 1,2 and 4. 

I doubt that Elway has gotten that much word back to him regarding 1-4.  The Giants could be staying put to draft Ei's replacement which would mean that along with Cleveland and the Jets 3 QB's could be gone by number 4.  It would take one heck of a coincidence for somebody to value the leftover QB at 5 enough to offer Denver a heavy package of picks.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Why make a deal now when in theory the four "big" names could be off the board by pick 5?  Elway will run the auction right up until the Commish announces Denver is on the clock.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Actually, 2 & 4 just got more expensive as teams such as the Cards in theory don't have the luxury to play the waiting game until picks 6-10 if pick 5 is sold to a team that is obviously making a move up to get a QB.  This means any other QB hungry team such as Miami, Pittsburgh, or New England can jump the new owner of number 5.  As said before the auction is not done until the Commish goes to the podium.

What, exactly, are the Cardinals using as bait to get someone to step away from the #2 pick in the draft? Or Miami, or the Patriots? 

When we were at 21 and 22, it was said we didn't have the ammo to get inside the top 5. And that was with multiple 2s and multiple 3s. Then we moved a starting LT and other teams with less have some way to get inside the 5? I really, really doubt it. 

But I agree. By the time Elway makes the decision to trade #5, our wings will be creating indigestion. 

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

In this instance I doubt the Bills will get that much confirmation in terms of picks 1-4 falling the Bills' way.  The other teams have their own agenda's versus helping their down on their luck Bills friends.  In a more normal year I might buy your argument.

CLE and NYG surely have their own agendas. Namely staying put or trading down. I'm certain they don't care about " helping" anyone. If the Bills were to move to 5, it stands to reason they'd have discussed moving up with CLE and NYG. Obviously the Jets are not doing any deals with the Bills. It's fair to say they would have gotten some indication from those two teams as to how receptive they would be to moving down. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

CLE and NYG surely have their own agendas. Namely staying put or trading down. I'm certain they don't care about " helping" anyone. If the Bills were to move to 5, it stands to reason they'd have discussed moving up with CLE and NYG. Obviously the Jets are not doing any deals with the Bills. It's fair to say they would have gotten some indication from those two teams as to how receptive they would be to moving down. 

I think they have gotten some indication from the teams you mentioned and it likely amounts to NYG and CLE saying we are open to dealing if our guy isn't there.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I doubt that Elway has gotten that much word back to him regarding 1-4.  The Giants could be staying put to draft Ei's replacement which would mean that along with Cleveland and the Jets 3 QB's could be gone by number 4.  It would take one heck of a coincidence for somebody to value the leftover QB at 5 enough to offer Denver a heavy package of picks.

I have to think that those in the NFLs inner loop know just a tad more than we do about what is going on with the teams at the top of the draft. 

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I think they have gotten some indication from the teams you mentioned and it likely amounts to NYG and CLE saying we are open to dealing if our guy isn't there.

CLE has pick 1 and the NYG pick 2. With the exception of CLE pick at 4 , it's about as much certainty of player availability as a team can have. 

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Not really.  The Giants by some accounts won't move if Darnold is there and Cleveland by some accounts won't move if Barkley is there.  

I don't believe the Giants will draft a QB at 2. Not at all. CLE isn't moving off pick 4 as they will get either Barkley or Chubb.