Pdf tickets are no longer an option

Curt

8 hours ago, Augie said:

My son recently bought  2 tix on line for a concert. They were bogus so he lost about $120. The cops were all over it, even came back into the venue (after he bought REAL tickets) and wanted screen shots from his purchase. Apparently they are trying to clamp down on the bad behavior, but I don’t see it ever going back to the old days. 

You know what sucks... Latest update of Chrome for Android.  Can't take SreenShots in incognito mode.

So, out of habit... I am in incognito mode.

"Can't take screenshot due to security policy."

WTF is up with that... I am not rooting my phone either.

27 minutes ago, stuvian said:

do they charge you a transfer fee for each ticket you share?

He was texting a screenshot- so, no. 

i haven’t used this specific app but I’ve been paperless for concerts, sporting events, flights, etc.... for years. Is this really any significant difference comparatively? It’ll just ensure less counterfeits floating around right? Or is this app more complicated for some reason?

22 minutes ago, zonabb said:

And surely with it you'll have to cough up ALL your personal data, information, and location in the user license. More ways technology is being used to make things "better" but really is being used to make companies money harvesting and selling your personal information. I guess if you're the two guys next to me in my section, in their late 60s, who don't even have phones but have been STH for decades, you're no longer welcome unless you plop $500 down for a phone and buy a monthly service. Real cool.

Couldnt they just use their standard original hard copy? It sounded like this was just cutting PDFs out 

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

My nightmare for the end of American society is that another country, (China, Russia, North Korea) hits us with a giant electromagnetic pulse from a space satellite which makes all of our computers, cell phones, etc useless and they just come in and take over because we can't do anything without them.

My nightmare is we draft josh Allen at 12

• Like (+1) 1

The hardest thing for people to remember will be to first, screen shot the ticket, as the internet isn't always reliable when 70,000 people are in one spot, and the other is keeping your phone charged long enough through their tailgate. Maybe this will mean less live streaming videos of people jumping through tables.

Screen shot and send to your friends. Even though they said it in Jax you didn't have to download the app. They want you to because they harvest your data and that's big business these days and bull ****. But, you can usually find ways without doing that. 

Pro Tip: going to a concert with friends or event where you need to show your ticket to get to your seat or stage standing area?  Have a friend or text your friend that ticket. If you identify seats in the area not being used they can sit there using your image of that ticket or vice versa.  I know a few friends that buy lawn seats to a concerts for $30 @ Charlotte's amphitheatre (PNC) and one person buys a front row standing area only seat.  The group always just uses that one ticket to get up there since it's not specific.  They save hundreds. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Curt said:

Just an example. I have 4 seats. We normally enter all together but sometimes 2 want to go to the Bills Store or the field house just before we get into the stadium. If the 4 tickets are in my phone how am I supposed to handle that? In the past I'd have just given them their tickets/cards/pdf. PITA indeed.

You can email tickets to certain email addresses. At least that is how it worked for the Atlanta game. We bought 22 tickets for the ATL/BUF game. It was actually quite easy once you just sit down and figure it out. 

Or you can just screen shot the ticket and send it via text. 

Edited by CountDorkula

Guess i picked a good year to dump my season tix.   Now for the one game I come in for I'll need to figure out how to buy.  I was going to use NFL Ticket Exchange but not sure if that's the place to go anymore to buy secondary market tix?

I just called the Bills. Season ticket holders will still get the cards for the 2018 season but don't be surprised if it's the last year. She actually said that they will look on how it goes before taking a decision for 2019. She also confirmed that pdf tickets are no longer effective immediately.

Edited by Curt

2 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

So what will this do to the scalpers if we are going paperless?

Scalpers outside arenas are effectively dead. I would only buy hard tickets anyway, but now just about impossible. BTW, the Caps and Wizards have been this way for at least a year, makes selling on StubHub somewhat a pain in da arse as well. No longer are instant tickets offered on StubHub for those games, as the tickets cannot be uploaded. So the seller needs to send you tickets via email once they receive notice tickets have been sold, and have 24 hours to do so...could be tough on game day. Instant tickets available on the clubs official partner though  thicketmaster...as I am sure Ticket Exchange will be the same.Hmm, interesting no?

10 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

So I can’t print tickets from stubhub?

Nope.

BTW, someone asked about battery dead..i am sure you will be able to go the ticket office , show ID, and they will print you out a PDF ticket. 

27 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That just about shuts me out of going to games until or unless I get a smart phone.  Yeah, my cell phone is about a 10 year old flip phone that wouldn't know an app if it saw one.

In jacksonville I heard if you had this issue and went to will call they would help if you didn't have a smart phone. Id imagine that if you buy tickets and don't have a smart phone they would accommodate you somehow

Some people just assume everyone has a smartphone. My parents don’t. They have a flip phone and even that only gets turned on when they think they might need it. They don’t even know how to retrieve texts and voice mails on it. 

10 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

In jacksonville I heard if you had this issue and went to will call they would help if you didn't have a smart phone. Id imagine that if you buy tickets and don't have a smart phone they would accommodate you somehow

Thanks.  I'll have to see first of all if there is a game I both want to see live, and can schedule.  It's easier now that I'm semi retired.  I can get there just about in time for a 1 pm start.