Trade rumor on path to the draft on NFL network

Steptide

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but Virgil, that's the thing about this trade rumor. 

What the Colts are reportedly getting to go from #6 to #12 doesn't add up.  They aren't (according to the rumor) getting 2 firsts.  They're supposedly getting #12, a 2nd and a 4th - to move down 6 spots, and out of a place where they can be pretty certain of getting one of the elite talents in the draft.  I would expect them to want at least 2 2nds for that, or maybe next year's 1st.

I think it would be a great deal! for us......I don't think the value is there for the other teams.

The Colts would get roughly 40 points above value. 

In each case, the team trading back is getting the best value, but it doesn’t line up with the overpay that teams have gotten previously. 

So its its overall a fair trade, but a bargain compared to what other teams have done 

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Two 1sts are better than 3 2nds.  And one of those 2nds are next year, which is equal to a 3rd. 

Sure, but you realize the Colts don't get two first in this trade scenario right? They only get one second and a fourth. That's a bad return for them. We would have to send the Colts either another second round pick or a 2019 1st round pick IMO.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

The points to jump from 12 to 6 isn’t that dramatic 

It's case by case though. Their will be a lot of suitors to trade up in this draft. Colts can easily get ask and get for a greater return in this years draft compared to others. Colts accepted 3 #2s from the Jets to just move down 3 spots. They will only ask for one 2 and one 4 to move down six spots? No way that would happen.

13 hours ago, PIP said:

Haha I started a thread 3 weeks ago about Buffalo doing a three-way trade and everybody laughed. How do you like me now!!!! 

If something even close to this happens I'll kiss your ***

But I have a feeling they'll want considerably more...

Edited by DefenseWins

This scenario is something that has picked up steam over the last week. I dunno if it's the media trying to connect the dots or simply stirring the pot but it's coming down to the wire. At this point, I fully expect them to pull off some kind of trade to get inside the top five. 

I dunno who Beane thinks he's fooling when he says their draft would still be a success if they don't come away with one of the top four QBs, but in the next breath say, "I'll say it every time, it's a quarterback league, you must have a franchise QB. That's a GM's  job, to find a franchise QB." 

The question I have is whether Beane would even be satisfied with pick #4 or does he feel the need to go to #2 or even #1(doubtful but not impossible)...

Is there basically any of the top 4 QB's that he really does NOT want to get stuck with?

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I could say the same for using those picks to "fill holes". Those players better be high caliber players and play for us for a long time if we are going to pass up an opportunity for a franchise QB for them, I mean that's a lot of capital! Don't botch filling the holes Beane! It's the same damn argument, except QB is and will be for the foreseeable future the most important aspect of the team to get "right".

you are a Tuel....... but I agree with you?

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

The Colts would get roughly 40 points above value. 

In each case, the team trading back is getting the best value, but it doesn’t line up with the overpay that teams have gotten previously. 

So its its overall a fair trade, but a bargain compared to what other teams have done 

How is "value" being derived here?

I think "value" = "what other teams have done in this draft or recently"

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The latter is the chart I use. All of the values in the base 100 chart are derived from actual trades that have occurred between the 2011 and 2016 drafts. 2017 deals all seem to fall in line with it as well, but they weren't part of the basis for the values.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just one of the draft pick value charts