Shaq Lawson Sets Sights on Pro Bowl & Super Bowl in His 3rd Season

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I know he did, but you can't start off laying out expectations like that without actually playing first.

I appreciate that go getter attitude, but the kid is a borderline bust.

Maybe scale it back and win one battle at a time.

It's a lot more than just staying on the field.........he's been a terrible pass rusher.     TERRIBLE.    You can watch the NFL for years and probably not see a guy again get credit for 4 sacks when they only TOUCHED a live QB in the game twice all season like Shaq last year.    Worst first-step for a DL in the NFL.   THAT is what has to change.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Forget that.  Set big goals, Plan your work, and work your plan. 

A terrific attitude if you aren't already behind the eight ball. Which at this stage in his career, Shaq has far more to prove...

And to be fair how do you reach those goals hes set for him self?

By winning small battles first and breaking down the bigger picture into more manageable goals.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Forget that.  Set big goals, Plan your work, and work your plan. 

Yeah, and shut up until you do it, or at least show some promise that you can actual accomplish the goals. 

Edit. Or just run your mouth in the off-season after playing like a total bust!

SWAGGERIN"!

Edited by OJABBA

The hate for this guy is unreal. He's had a rough start to his career but he also hasn't had much help on the d-line.

I think we could see him improve pretty significantly this season. Our d-line depth is already much improved from last season and that is before the draft.

I still like Lawson. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Iamkrgr said:

The hate for this guy is unreal. He's had a rough start to his career but he also hasn't had much help on the d-line.

I think we could see him improve pretty significantly this season. Our d-line depth is already much improved from last season and that is before the draft.

I still like Lawson. 

He's nice enough, but he should shut up until he has at least shown some promise.

When he said “working on his body”...

”265 is the lightest I’ve ever been”

Is he implying he’s currently 265 or he lighter than that? (Being lighter than he’s ever been, lighter than 265?)

he looked leaner, Ive always thought he was carrying an extra 5-10 lbs more than he should. 

Roster has him at 267, so he’s 2 lbs lighter? His combine he was 269.

At not even 6’3”, he should play at the 255-260 range, and work on speed and agility. He’ll always play the run well.

7 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

I still like Lawson. 

His potential when healthy is a career 5-7 sacks a season guy.... cause he was a top 20 DE folks want 15+. That will never happen.

I too like him, this could be a good year for him. The middle (DTs) will command more attention, especially if we draft solid DT. 

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a lot more than just staying on the field.........he's been a terrible pass rusher.     TERRIBLE.    You can watch the NFL for years and probably not see a guy again get credit for 4 sacks when they only TOUCHED a live QB in the game twice all season like Shaq last year.    Worst first-step for a DL in the NFL.   THAT is what has to change.

I ran into a member of Shaq's family last year, she was very nice but what I took from the conversation didn't get my hopes up for the young man. Renting a lambo and hanging around Clemson. I know the popular answer will be that's what everyone does, my answer to that would be everyone didn't start on IR and then come out crawling like a snail.

19 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

When he said “working on his body”...

”265 is the lightest I’ve ever been”

Is he implying he’s currently 265 or he lighter than that? (Being lighter than he’s ever been, lighter than 265?)

he looked leaner, Ive always thought he was carrying an extra 5-10 lbs more than he should. 

Roster has him at 267, so he’s 2 lbs lighter? His combine he was 269.

At not even 6’3”, he should play at the 255-260 range, and work on speed and agility. He’ll always play the run well.

He should call Joey Bosa and asked him what he did before the combine.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s pretty cool Augie!! I’m sure that it meant a lot. Hope that you and your family are doing well. 

Even my younger son, a former “not-so-much-a-fan”, turned around after this. It was pretty cool, HBD and watching with his pops. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good shot of him but remove the bling. Too much Kid ! 

But i will keep faith : )

show me what ya got and make us all believe

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I feel like the Bills are going with quantity over quality on the pass rush front. They have Shaq, Hughes, Lorax, and Murphy and a few other players they seem to be taking a chance on and just hoping 1-2 of them have good seasons and they can cobble together a pass rush. Considering the resources so far this off-season I think it isn't a bad strategy. 

rotation. strong rotation is how you play 4-3. ask Jim. ask the Eagles. McD would likely say the same.
this could be a very good group if the LBs get sorted and are gap dependable. stats be damned

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Peterman has grown a Favre-arm and Shaq is going from slowest get-off in the entire NFL to the pro bowl..........mmmmmkay.:rolleyes:

well he can learn to do the twist perhaps ? stunting and sliding.
 Did anyone really expect anything but bull rush from him ? Sets the edge.

if they do not run his way? Or if they do he stacks and sheds and minimizes .

his work is done

but they are going to lighten him up and improve the "get off "
 new D line Coach. lets see what happens shall we ?

1 hour ago, Iamkrgr said:

I still like Lawson. 

O r we can go back to when he was drafted and his injury setback. Maybe we could talk about Rex' scheme having him at LB or whatever he was doing. and there was no question they brought him back early to show how smart Rex was after losing his MLB as well for the season.

Give him a shot and don't be surprised if he looks the part this year.

• Like (+1) 1