Shaq Lawson Sets Sights on Pro Bowl & Super Bowl in His 3rd Season

If both Shaq and Adolphis can take a step this year, the defense will be scary good. I mean what McDermott did with a completely overhauled secondary last year, and now adding Edmunds, Star, Murphy, Phillips, etc... there are a lot of pieces in place, so these guys can kind of rejuvenate them selves without the pressure of having to necessarily be the guys...

In a sense like a poster said above it's like finding money in the washing machine or in the pocket of an old coat...

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm rooting for every player to play his best but Lawson generates more talk per action than anyone.  Do something more than swat a pass because you memorized your own team's plays.  Newsflash:. You don't get to go to practice with our opponents.

And enough with the haters blaming Whaley.  10000000000000% Rex.  Rex's antiquated scheme caused us to draft guys that can't play in today's NFL.  We now have a coach that knows what to do.  Let's see if he can get some 6th round type of rotational production out of Shaq.  It would help the team.  None of this falls on Lawson, Whaley, McDermott or Frazier.  It is on Rex.

Matthew Fairburn of Lawson's Day 5 at SJF:

Shaq Lawson steps up

With Trent Murphy taking a veteran rest day, Shaq Lawson got a chance to work with the first-team defense. He got practice started on a high note with a batted ball at the line of scrimmage and a tackle for loss during red-zone work. This isn’t to say Lawson will be able to push Murphy for the starting job. However, in an offseason in which McDermott and Beane haven’t been shy about putting Lawson on blast, he’s responding well.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Matthew Fairburn of Lawson's Day 5 at SJF:

Shaq Lawson steps up

With Trent Murphy taking a veteran rest day, Shaq Lawson got a chance to work with the first-team defense. He got practice started on a high note with a batted ball at the line of scrimmage and a tackle for loss during red-zone work. This isn’t to say Lawson will be able to push Murphy for the starting job. However, in an offseason in which McDermott and Beane haven’t been shy about putting Lawson on blast, he’s responding well.

And really your 3rd DE is getting a lot of reps. Great if he steps up.

13 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

He needs to set his sights on making the team first and becoming a reliable consistent starter that is impactful on what he’s asked to do.

long may he rumble out there

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think Shaq is going to be traded, hopefully for a WR

He'll either be on the team or possibly traded.  He's too young, cheap, and talented to be outright released.   I can see him being on the team given how much McDermott and Frazier like to rotate the DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

i kinda feel bad for the kid and i got a gut feeling that he will pan out not only as a very good edge setter, but will also greatly improve his tfls, qb pressures and even sacks.

i just hope this doesn't happen on another team and we get nothing out of it.

injuries do happen and getting rid of him anytime soon would be stupid. he may become a very important piece. i don't really see trent being a 3 down de.

i don't think he can handle it and have the success that we need from him. his one and only job is to incapacitate the qb.

i know the depth is good, but i'd also tinker with the notion of kicking him inside of murphy here and there. even when he's at end we will have lorax to cover him and pass rush.

Edited by billsredneck1

If he wasn’t a 1st rounder, he could be a solid Chris Kelsay type.  I know Bills fans hated him but CK on a good team would have been a solid rotation player. I can see Shaq doing that.  He doesn’t seem to have any elite pass rushing skills however.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

From Matthew Fairburn:

Sack party

As mentioned above, the Bills’ defensive line was a terror on Wednesday. Kyle Williams, Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson and Harrison Phillips all got into the backfield for sacks. Lawson was back there more than once and also had another batted pass at the line of scrimmage, making for his second straight good day of practice. Overall, the Bills’ offensive line is overmatched against the defensive line, which should be back to being one of the better defensive lines in the AFC.