Bills had private workout with QB Luke Falk

Just now, DCOrange said:

The two intriguing things about Falk is:

1. He's willing to step into a hit to make a good throw rather than fading away from his target

2. He tries to let plays develop downfield but is aware of where his check down is if need be

Having said that there's a lot of red flags:

1. Injury history

2. Arm strength concerns

3. Even though he knows where his checkdown is, he holds the ball too long; he'll throw the checkdown but he'll release it so late that he ends up taking hits anyways

4. Not as accurate as you'd like from a guy with questionable arm strength

Ultimately he's probably a guy that has a long career as a backup QB because he's an intelligent dude, but he's a longshot as a starter IMO. 

He has the pocket escapability of Kyle Orton.  He already has the look for a soft space to take-a-sack-a-bility in the bag.

Edited by reddogblitz

Bills also attended 2 of Falk’s games last year. Thought maybe the Bills had lost interest in him. They could just be looking for options if they get shut out of the top 4 and Rudolph and Jackson are not considered values where they might have to take them. 

I still think that Bills want to trade up for Darnold and if that can’t happen they probably settle for Rudolph at 12 or 22.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yes!! #FalkFlock4Life

Or, until he fails...and I am thinking that should be around preseason. If he is drafted by the Bills before the 4th round, I will repeatedly state his last name in a very loud voice. Or at least that's what I will tell my kids I am saying....

Edited by MiltonWaddams

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Will your head explode if we trade down multiple times and draft a Falk, White, Lauletta or Rudoph?

There is a crowd that would replace “or” with “and”!  

19 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

Last year they did not draft a single person they brought in.  The pick is Lauleta.  

Peterman visited

and it was a different FO last year. Btw Tre White and Dion Dawkins both had predraft visits to Panthers and Zay had a private workout... fwiw

Edited by YoloinOhio

I still think he's better than Mason Rudolph. 

1 hour ago, offyourocker said:

Last year they did not draft a single person they brought in.  The pick is Lauleta.  

I believe they brought in Peterman last year. To me though, what happened last year is irrelevant because Beane was not here. 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:10 PM, DCOrange said:

The two intriguing things about Falk is:

1. He's willing to step into a hit to make a good throw rather than fading away from his target

2. He tries to let plays develop downfield but is aware of where his check down is if need be

Having said that there's a lot of red flags:

1. Injury history

2. Arm strength concerns

3. Even though he knows where his checkdown is, he holds the ball too long; he'll throw the checkdown but he'll release it so late that he ends up taking hits anyways

4. Not as accurate as you'd like from a guy with questionable arm strength

Ultimately he's probably a guy that has a long career as a backup QB because he's an intelligent dude, but he's a longshot as a starter IMO. 

So in other words, he’s great except for the fact that he sucks. 

Just now, stevestojan said:

So in other words, he’s great except for the fact that he sucks. 

I would say he's a very low upside pick. A team that's simply looking for a backup QB (ex: Tampa) might value him but I don't really see any reason for a team looking for a starter to do so.

• Thank you (+1) 1