Fred Jackson wall of fame or not?

36 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Yeah the wall of fame is more than just statisitcs. Freddie was true Blue and was a ray of sunshine for Bills fans when we needed it the most... SO I vote yes

Fred had the stats one year too. Lead the League in total yards, running, receiving and returns.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

For Fred's stiff-arm ALONE on Conte in that Bears game - - - YES!!!

I was there!   Didn't have a good view.    All I could see was that Fred was supposed to go down and he just kept running.   I couldn't understand it.   Then they showed the replay.   Oh, my, you are correct, my man. 

46 minutes ago, Original Byrd Man said:

I brought this up several years ago, with John Murphy and Steve Tasker having differing opinions on it yesterday, and Fred signing to retire a Bill today I thought it merited renewing.  What do you think?

Absolutely!!!

"Jackson became the first player in NFL history to register at least 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 kickoff return yards in a single season. That same year, the led the National Football League in all-purpose yards. "

https://247sports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/Bolt/Fred-Jackson-plans-to-sign-one-day-contract-to-retire-with-Buffalo-Bills-117253505

41 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Yes, certainly.  Only the fourth best Bills RB (after OJ, Cookie, Thurman -- can't rate Shady yet) but still the most heart and drive of any Bill during that era.

I thought he was 3rd behind only Thurman and OJ 

41 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes.   The Wall of Fame isn't the Hall of Fame.   You don't have to have the best career in the history of the franchise to get on the Wall.   You have to have been a transcendent Buffalo Bill, a person who occupies a special place in the fan psyche.   That's why Bob Kalsu is there.   That's why Daryl Talley is there.  And that's why Fred will be there.   

Well said!

40 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes.   The Wall of Fame isn't the Hall of Fame.   You don't have to have the best career in the history of the franchise to get on the Wall.   You have to have been a transcendent Buffalo Bill, a person who occupies a special place in the fan psyche.   That's why Bob Kalsu is there.   That's why Daryl Talley is there.  And that's why Fred will be there.   

Great points and why Fred will make it someday. 

For the most part he played on some crap Bills teams.

But his effort every game was like he was playing in the SB.

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

I thought he was 3rd behind only Thurman and OJ 

You are correct.

It's not a hard list to get on though.

5400 yards in 7 years.

We haven't had many great RBs.

Shady will pass him unless he has a big injury.

Freddie was the quintessential Buffalo Bill. He was an underdog, but he didn't get the memo. He didn't have the natural ability of Shady, Marshawn, or other elite RBs, but he gave 100%, every play, every game, even on some really lousy teams with bad coaches. When you work with a guy like that, his work ethic compels you to work harder.

He should go on the wall to serve as a role model for every guy who puts on a Bills uniform.

(And when Kyle retires, I'll say the same about him.)