Keep our picks, draft Kyle Lauletta?

Interesting write-up on the QB from Richmond.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/richmond’s-kyle-lauletta-has-everything-nfl-teams-should-but-don’t-look-for-in-a-qb-prospect/ar-AAw1n9y?li=BBnba9I

The tape backs that up. Lauletta might not be able to sling it 80 yards like Wyoming's Josh Allen, but he has more than enough arm strength to make any throw you'll find in an NFL playbook. Richmond's offense certainly wasn't limited by Lauletta's supposed lack of arm strength. He was asked to throw plenty of out-breaking routes from the opposite hash, and did so with ease. And he didn't lose any arm strength when throwing on the move, whether he was going to his right or left.

Of course arm strength also comes in handy when throwing into tighter windows at the next level, and while Lauletta doesn't have an elite fast ball, he's still proficient at throwing into tight windows thanks to a keen sense of timing.

"People look at these big framed quarterbacks who can throw the ball really far and really hard, and it definitely helps," he said. "But the more you study quarterbacks and look at the position, if you throw the ball on time, you don't necessarily need to throw the ball 75 yards to be an effective quarterback."

• Sad 1

No, I don't see him going through progressions. It's one read and throw. Or the play breaks down and he's throwing on the run, which he does fairly well. He will have a STEEP learning curve at the next level. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

No, I don't see him going through progressions. It's one read and throw. Or the play breaks down and he's throwing on the run, which he does fairly well. He will have a STEEP learning curve at the next level. 

From the link - 

Processing information quickly is another key to throwing with good timing. That's where Lauletta really shines in comparison to the other top quarterback prospects in this year's draft. He can go from his primary read to second and third options in a matter of seconds, all while keeping his footwork intact. That's high-level quarterbacking.

Keeping the picks is the best idea.   A 1 in 3 shot in the top 5 for a franchise qb is not the kind of odds I bet.  Admittedly, a lower pick might be 1 in5, but, got to wieght having some newer rookie starters.  Two or three more like Tre White works for me.