What does Shady need to get on the Bills WOF?

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He'll probably cement his HOF status this season.  As for WOF, that's iffy.  He's only been with the team for 4 years.

I think Hall of Fame with great production on the Bills (he was the offense that broke the streak) warrants WOF.  In fact, last season alone may warrant it already.   

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Agreed. Shady will  go into the HOF as an Eagle not a Bill. As long as a player's identity is with another team then they shouldn't be on our wall of fame. 

Players do not pick an NFL team to be enshrined with. They are enshrined as a member of all the teams they were a part of

James Lofton is counted as a Bills HoFr and he was only here 4 years. With your logic he is only a HOF for the Packers 

The unfortunate thing. Is That shady is a HOFer. It wouldn’t matter if he played another 4-5 years as a Bill and surpassed all his previous stats he achieved with the Eagles. He will retire an Eagle. He will go into the HOF an Eagle. And I’d say, if that happens, he doesn’t deserve to be on The Wall

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said, C. Biscuit and spot on!! Shady is a great player and will end up having a great Bills career but he doesn’t belong on there. There are multiple guys up there that don’t belong. 

I can think of at least one RB whose name doesn't belong up there... I'd much rather see Shady on that wall than that other RB...

43 minutes ago, mrags said:

It wouldn’t matter if he played another 4-5 years as a Bill and surpassed all his previous stats he achieved with the Eagles. He will retire an Eagle.

I realize that's his hometown team, but it's also the team that traded him away for peanuts. Maybe he'd rather retire as a member of the team that wanted him instead of the team that dumped him.

• Like (+1) 1

First he needs to finish his career and retire.

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Agreed. Shady will  go into the HOF as an Eagle not a Bill. As long as a player's identity is with another team then they shouldn't be on our wall of fame. 

If Shady wins in the playoffs I think he might go down as a Bills. Next 2 years will be critical to his legacy.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Players do not pick an NFL team to be enshrined with. They are enshrined as a member of all the teams they were a part of

James Lofton is counted as a Bills HoFr and he was only here 4 years. With your logic he is only a HOF for the Packers 

You make an excellent point 

http://www.profootballhof.com/players/james-lofton/

JamesLofton.jpg

Personally I don’t think shady will want to retire before winning. I think he wants to go out like the Bus. If he can help us win a Super Bowl and still doesn’t hit 12k I say he’s not only on the Wall but makes it to the Hall. 

He’s a real talent and not some dime a dozen guy. He’s up there with OJ and Thurman on talent alone. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I realize that's his hometown team, but it's also the team that traded him away for peanuts. Maybe he'd rather retire as a member of the team that wanted him instead of the team that dumped him.

Probably not. He’s from PA. Played in PA. He will retire in PA. You can put it in stone. 

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Shady is too old to be able to do enough to earn a spot on the wall.

As it is, Gilchrest has no business being up there.  At all.

I'm starting to see a trend with you...

Lamar Jackson opinions, this Gilchrist stuff. You can't even spell his name, maybe I should insult you and your intelligence for a paragraph straight for it. You're as dumb as an ox, you'll be washing my car in a couple years.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Part of it depends on him. When he retires does he see himself as a Philly guy or a Buffalo guy? His best years were in Philly. It's his home.

You can't put a guy on the wall if he doesn't even view himself as a Bill through and through, can you? We didn't draft him and he didn't choose to come to Buffalo.

Maybe if he plays for another 3 years, continues to put up good numbers, and wins a couple playoff games it will tip the scales for him and he'll want to retire a Buffalo Bill and will cherish his time in Buffalo more than Philly.

At that point I would say heck yes, he belongs. And he'll belong in the Hall of Fame too.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm starting to see a trend with you...

Lamar Jackson opinions, this Gilchrist stuff. You can't even spell his name, maybe I should insult you and your intelligence for a paragraph straight for it. You're as dumb as an ox, you'll be washing my car in a couple years.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The old, "this guy said something bad about a black football player, so he's racist," card.

And for the record, there have been several oxen in the past 18 years who've scored 14 or higher on the Wonderlic.